Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

big scary monsters posted:

aren't gifts exempt from import duty anyway?

not in here, a gift or a commercial package is the same thing for customs, what matters is if the value is under 35 eur, but that is not the value written there, that is the value that they decide its worth it, unless you can provide a invoice/receipt that says otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

it kinda sucks because now i can't skirt taxes and import fees anymore on a lot of amazon items

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
so, writing a ridiculously low amount as value and declaring as gift, will make sure that it gets selected for customs and held ransom because they know exactly it's not a gift of that value

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
you can thank all the idiots for importing things and marking it as gift for the exemption for gifts to vanish

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Celexi posted:

you can thank all the idiots for importing things and marking it as gift for the exemption for gifts to vanish

thanks hong kong

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Symbolic Butt posted:

amazon has a pre-paid import taxes thing that just doesn't work here because when it gets into customs people there don't care

or so I read around the internet

Celexi posted:

it is, UPS and a few others offer it, and it does work because whenever i used i didnt pay taxes nor the person receiving it and yeah amazon is one of the ones that use it

customs and taxes are a different thing. taxes can (in some cases) be pre-paid, customs can't.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
jesus gently caress, whoever does santa next year should just sort by continent

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Jerry Cotton posted:

customs and taxes are a different thing. taxes can (in some cases) be pre-paid, customs can't.

what i have prepaid are customs and taxes, not one or the other. And here at least customs and taxes are collected by customs

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

continents mean next to nothing when it comes to mail delivery times, and certainly nothing when it comes to duties and taxes. you'd have to go

a) US & Canada ("oh wow look at the exotic local canadian stuff i got!")
b) EU only
c) Australia & New Zealand maybe?
d) everyone else, including a good chunk of Europe, go gently caress themselves

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Celexi posted:

what i have prepaid are customs and taxes, not one or the other. And here at least customs and taxes are collected by customs

link to source please

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Jerry Cotton posted:

link to source please

https://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/shipping/cost/additional.html#Brokerage+Services

https://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html
https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs/fees.html

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=14309551&pop-up=1

etc

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lmao who shipped via a literal ship

saying "someone who wanted to only spend $60 on shipping instead of $200" is worth another six hour vacation imo

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
" Disbursements
UPS customs brokers are experienced with complex commercial shipments. Electronic transmissions of shipment data helps speed customs clearance. UPS may prepay duties, taxes and other government charges on behalf of the payer. Disbursement charges are noted in the Additional Charges Table. "

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

continents mean next to nothing when it comes to mail delivery times, and certainly nothing when it comes to duties and taxes. you'd have to go

a) US & Canada ("oh wow look at the exotic local canadian stuff i got!")
b) EU only
c) Australia & New Zealand maybe?
d) everyone else, including a good chunk of Europe, go gently caress themselves

remember: i shipped my gift at the end of December and it didn't get returned to me until end Jan because the USPS is a bunch of idiot hell fuckers. i could've driven the package to its destination and driven back all within 3 days

international shipping times mean jack poo poo as long as you dont ship by loving ground over continental distances

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
is it too late to sign up???

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

is it too late to sign up???

look who wants to host yosmas 2016-2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i confused UPS and USPS

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm learning a lot about international shipping

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

oh wow, this is really complicated

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

if there's a customs issue (I declared at $50 at the PO Guy's advice) I'll pay the diff obvi

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm learning a lot about international shipping

same

like "just say gently caress it and drop ship some random crap next time"

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

flakeloaf posted:

same

like "just say gently caress it and drop ship some random crap next time"

Some places are harder to find a way to do that.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the limit for tax free here €22 including shipping lol. then you have to pay 21% VAT over the cost of the contents plus shipping and a €13 processing fee It's p hosed up

usually they don't catch packages though you have to get unlucky.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Symbolic Butt posted:

oh wow, this is really complicated

it was too complicated for me i guess don't trust anything i said

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

flakeloaf's package is currently "Entry warehouse for law enforcement" :ohdearsass:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

flakeloaf's package is currently "Entry warehouse for law enforcement" :ohdearsass:

:rip:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:siren: YOSMAS ALMOST MARCH 2016 - YOSMAS RIDES AGAIN :siren:

???

!!!

hahaha

funhilde :swoon:
these are amazing and i am absolutely hanging them in the cat's corner (cat tree with a poster of a cool tiger because they are teenagers)

these are wonderful. you're wonderful. hail yosmas

secret bonus round:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
a yosmas miracle!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

niiiice :five:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
:siren: its feb 24. im closing this thread tonight tomorrow morning. say your farewells etc.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

:siren: YOSMAS ALMOST MARCH 2016 - YOSMAS RIDES AGAIN :siren:

???

!!!

hahaha

funhilde :swoon:
these are amazing and i am absolutely hanging them in the cat's corner (cat tree with a poster of a cool tiger because they are teenagers)

these are wonderful. you're wonderful. hail yosmas

secret bonus round:

:eyepop:

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
cool

Smythe posted:

:siren: its feb 24. im closing this thread tonight tomorrow morning. say your farewells etc.

my fav present this year was the one i got but the hack box was pretty cool too and probably some others i forgot

current gift status: ranch dressing is too salty for humans to eat. made a nice bean stew with the ground green chiles

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Smythe posted:

harsh :rip:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

at least leave it til march 1

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

hhahahhaah

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I think that just means it's in customs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

hahahahahahah :rip:

enjoy your visit from the fbi

• Locked thread