Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Please, tell us about your home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have been wracking my brain and Googling for terrible candy, and I still can't come up with anything even as close to as bad as circus peanuts. I think they are a singularity of terrible.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I might be more on my own with this, but I don't understand how people eat these goddamn things:

Maraschino cherries in general are vomit-worthy, but slapping cheap chocolate and some sugary spooge into the mix just makes it all worse.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blue Train posted:

those cherry imperials or whatever they are are good af sorry about your unsophisticated pallets

How closely related are your parents?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Lemonheads are good.

I've also noticed things I remember from childhood appearing to make a comeback, like Sixlets and Flicks.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Unguided posted:

I really hate cherry flavored candies, disgusting and nothing like cherries at all. If only Starburst would get rid of the cherry flavored ones.

I generally hate anything that isn't real cherry, but I have an odd fondness for cherry lifesavers. Really don't know why.

Also, Starburst are gross. As are Mentos. And Skittles. Eating them is like engaging in some sort of unregulated research.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Drum posted:

Worst chocolate candy are those gritty, waxy Palmer things that mostly show up around Easter.

I have a certain perverse fondness for Palmer - they have branched out beyond just Easter candy, and make stuff for all occasions. Shiny, unnatural-looking stuff. Can't enjoy eating eating it, though - it is crap.

On the opposite side of cheap small-name brands, I like Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls, and absolutely loved their Salted Pecan Rolls - I hope they make more of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Philthy posted:

I dunno man. Every year I keep emailing Mars that it's time to bring them back and make trillions. They always thank me and say they are sorry that it's been discontinued.

So then I email Hersheys telling them it's time to bring this back:

And I get the same fuckin answer.

So I go to the store and end up with a Mr. Goodbar.

I remember Bar None bars - they were pretty good as I recall. Weird how they just seem to have faded out of existence, yet the market can sustain 8 lb. Snickers bars and other abominations.

• Locked thread