Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I find it very difficult to believe that what needs to go into the index and what doesn't will have any bearing on the index we get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I did that too. It's okay. :ohdear:

(Except when I ran a Deathlord NPC or two because fuuuuuck that.)

that was one of my favorite parts of running 2e. I liked making characters.

Because I get to be a player. :smith:

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Weird question, but does anyone have a link to or remember the name of an ungodly strong antagonist someone posted on the old White Wolf forums? It had multiple legs that each hit like a truck and a scythe that was worse but could only attack you once you climbed on it or something like that.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

It was 2E, definitely. I don't think it was necrotech, but I remember it being death related. Like a Hekatonkheires or some ancient god murdering thing from out of the deep wyld.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

You could make it sort of true if you limit it to "Holden and John didn't care about some things that some people consider aspects of balance." They were pretty up-front about not really caring if buying 5/5/1 at chargen was "better", because in their mind that kind of thing was dumb and they weren't interested in revising the incentives to discourage things that, in their view, only dumb people would do.

That's nowhere close to "they didn't care about balance," though.

They (or Morke at least) didn't believe that equivalent XP expenditures should result in equivalent benefits.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Nessus posted:

Like, at ALL, or just like "We didn't sweat the idea that every single individual Charm should have an identical level of narrative impact"?
The former, as far as I can remember. It may also be too broad.

The specific I have is that he said that he was okay with unarmed MA being worse than armed despite equivalent xp spent. He acknowledged this was the case and that he didn't care.

Rand Brittain posted:

The second thing.

Or not that.

Ego Trip fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 20, 2017

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Buddy, pick up a sword and hit someone with it

I'm sorry to have disrupted your verisimilitude.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Also, it's cool.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Singing the seed out of a grape and coaxing it to grow into a small vineyard over the course of an hour is cool. Waving your hands and doing alchemical transmutation like you're a mung bean with a metal arm is lame.

I'm not sure why you're surprised that the action you made sound cool sounds cooler than the one you made sound lame. These are not inherent qualities of those actions.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Because that's my point? You can do it, you just have to figure out how it works as a piece of craftsmanship and not as random magic.

There seems to be a miscommunication.
I was saying that "I can make X faster due to my magic and deep understanding" is cool.

I'd also be perfectly fine with a player saying "I use CNNT to make wine" to move the story along. I've played with someone for whom stunts were a turn off, after all.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Maybe a version... 3.5?

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

In 3rd Edition?
I don't remember that from before.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Does OP own Exalted outright? Or is it still owned by Paradox/WW and they just publish for it.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

oh, thanks

I was thinking of breaking back into Exalted for nostalgia's sake. But lol Paradox/WW ain't getting my money.

Ego Trip fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 14, 2019

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Decision makers at WW are/were garbage people and Paradox either condoned or ignored that. Beast, V5, defending Zak S., etc.

Way too lovely of a company to give money to for RPG books to read on the shiter.

OPP has seemed cool since Holden and Morke, uh, left, though.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

If you unfuck craft, that alone would be worth $40

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Did you give us the bad rules we thought we wanted?

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

This is a very cool project and I'm loving the look of it, definitely tempting me to give Exalted another try with our group... if only I didn't already have a "We have to play one of these next" backlog of Glitch, Lancer, & Spire

My current group uses Exalted as a threat, so I doubt I'll be getting this to table any time soon either.

wiegieman posted:

There's something to be said for "doing it right" for an existing customer base. We are all trapped by material conditions.

Do you want Ink Monkeys? Because this is how you get Ink Monkeys.

Mote seriously, I'm just glad that people still care about this game enough to try and fix it. Who knows if we'll have another shot at getting it right.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

What if this teacup is the one with the Sidereal assassin? Better use my paranoia combo.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

But "And I Was Never Here" is cool. :colbert:

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

Do not Cold Equations this.

My comrade in Marx, they wrote the setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

I think that's more important where you can throw The Parrot up on the internet.