Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ChocNitty posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Miami_(SSN-755)

He’s ordered to pay it all in restitution. LOL.

How, though? Unless the guy turns out to be the hitherto unknown true heir to Saudi Arabia, I doubt he'd be able to do so. Is it just garnishing his paycheck for the rest of his life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I know this guy must've been mentioned before, but Hegelochus's fuckup reminds me of Ea-nasir, the shadiest trader of all time.

EDIT: Dude even has his own fanfiction, some of which is :nws: Somehow I find this the most hilarious aspect of his story.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"Fluffy".

I mean, Hades apparently named his dog 'Spot', so I can't be too off the mark.

*I was told that Cerberus translates to 'Spotted one'. Can anyone confirm?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
'Spotted' it is :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Platystemon posted:

One wouldn’t expect that that particular monarch’s decrees would be well‐heeded.

Reading his Wikipedia page, he doesn't seem all that bad, and was kind of well-regarded in his time (apart from trying to make peace between Catholics and Protestants); is there something the article does not mention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wipfmetz posted:

I see what you did there.

Doge Dandolo didn't. But the Eastern Romans would. Oh, they would.