Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

My favorite Games moment was when I avoided cancer and posted a insincere comment almost identical to one grafe posted but since he had cancer they flamed him and I got a beta key to the game. lmfao

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Forums Cancer was awesome.

I suffered terribly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

You can still get it if you want it

Not having it will most of my buddies did was the awesome part.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

You can still get it if you want it

I'd do it for the lulz if you didn't get that annoying ponyta crap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My favourite forums cancer moment was when I was doing so faux axemaniac style duke nukem hype posting and the war hammer ponytar guy with real cancer that was looking forward to duke nukem forever being the last fame he ever played told me I was alright for someone with forums cancer.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My favourite forums cancer moment was when I was doing so faux axemaniac style duke nukem hype posting and the war hammer ponytar guy with real cancer that was looking forward to duke nukem forever being the last fame he ever played told me I was alright for someone with forums cancer.

Omg

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao... Awesome.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Games kicks rear end, the discussions are way more in depth and epic and it moves way faster at all times than this dead piece of poo poo subforum.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

:psypop::psypop:

As I lie here with blood leaking out of my ears and eyes because none of the above is intended to be ironic, I realize something: "meme" is now a new word for "humor" instead of "bad internet joke" and this is the target audience for that game. The future looks bright.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:psypop::psypop:

As I lie here with blood leaking out of my ears and eyes because none of the above is intended to be ironic, I realize something: "meme" is now a new word for "humor" instead of "bad internet joke" and this is the target audience for that game. The future looks bright.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A lot of really epic stuff went into that post.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this reddit post by "PandaRapeCorporation" really set me off

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Good day sir, Im here on behalf of the Panda Rape Corporation.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe this is fake, but lol

I need romance help. Well, video game romance help. I am hopeless with real life romance. I am trying to get with Piper. I've reached max friendshipability with her, I have her perk. I've failed every flirt option I've gotten with her, even though I have 5 or 6 CHA. Yesterday, when I went to talk with her, instead of getting the normal options, she revisited our last discussion, essentially just wanting to reconfirm what I said before. The original [Relationship] option came up; this time it was dark green instead of red, meaning I had already chosen it before. I tried save-scumming to get it, and each time I failed. I put on Agatha's dress, popped Day Tripper pills, got up to 13 CHA, and I was still getting rejected by the love of my life. Where do I go from here?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's probably not fake, since it's entirely conceivable that a game whose dialog operates partly on dice rolls would have that result. Plus, Piper is a fairly charming character...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think she might be a Lesbian though so maybe that guy needs a girl character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I put on Agatha's dress, popped Day Tripper pills and cured my depression.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There some fairly awesome discussion going on in the Games' Dark Souls III thread about the best way to design loot tables that reads completely insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But that's all the reason for hard RPGs to actually care MORE about loot systems and average times to drop, not less. MMOs should be leading the industry on smart loot, and in some cases they are, but in other cases they aren't.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why can't people just be happy when sometimes bad guys drop a decent but Normal sword and all the really cool poo poo is in a fixed place.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

But that's all the reason for hard RPGs to actually care MORE about loot systems and average times to drop, not less. MMOs should be leading the industry on smart loot, and in some cases they are, but in other cases they aren't.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like it even ruins the mystique. 80% of the people who play this game ask how they get the dragon tail blade or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Why can't people just be happy when sometimes bad guys drop a decent but Normal sword and all the really cool poo poo is in a fixed place.

Bloodborne is cool because every weapon has a fixed location, but you can also randomly find variants that just look different. So you get the best of both worlds. Now THATS smart loot.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

What

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Another thing you can do in Games is click on random threads and see how fast it takes to find a post that's some variation of "I loving hate this awful piece of poo poo game, and I can't stop playing it"

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I like the poo poo in dark souls where sometimes you get a cool weap off a dude who doesnt respawn, and its random whether you get it but not random what item it is, or selected from a small list, i hate incentivizing grinding a type of enemy to get a specific drop

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ragg posted:

I like the poo poo in dark souls where sometimes you get a cool weap off a dude who doesnt respawn, and its random whether you get it but not random what item it is, or selected from a small list, i hate incentivizing grinding a type of enemy to get a specific drop

This but they half ruined it by making Magic Find a stat so instead of incentivizing grinding it incentivized avoiding all optional dudes until you maxed your Magic Find.

Magic Find as an adjustable stat is a terrible thing that should not ever exist in any game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chomp8645 posted:

This but they half ruined it by making Magic Find a stat so instead of incentivizing grinding it incentivized avoiding all optional dudes until you maxed your Magic Find.

Magic Find as an adjustable stat is a terrible thing that should not ever exist in any game.

A-Wing pilot spotted. A-wings are straight up imbalanced you bozo.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Chomp8645 posted:

True. But I feel it factors in less in a first time playthrough, since you're most likely not gonna know about that crap.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Another thing you can do in Games is click on random threads and see how fast it takes to find a post that's some variation of "I loving hate this awful piece of poo poo game, and I can't stop playing it"

The Marvel Heroes thread is unabated insanity.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

elf help book posted:

Please don't cross-thread stalk me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The Marvel Heroes thread is unabated insanity.

I kinda like that game since you just blast poo poo as a sexy comic babe like Rogue or Storm even though I don't know anything about those other than when I watched the show when Rogue was a hot goth chick in high school when I was 12.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like it too but it gets boring in half an hour maximum due to the genre of game that it is.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

maybe this is fake, but lol

I need romance help. Well, video game romance help. I am hopeless with real life romance. I am trying to get with Piper. I've reached max friendshipability with her, I have her perk. I've failed every flirt option I've gotten with her, even though I have 5 or 6 CHA. Yesterday, when I went to talk with her, instead of getting the normal options, she revisited our last discussion, essentially just wanting to reconfirm what I said before. The original [Relationship] option came up; this time it was dark green instead of red, meaning I had already chosen it before. I tried save-scumming to get it, and each time I failed. I put on Agatha's dress, popped Day Tripper pills, got up to 13 CHA, and I was still getting rejected by the love of my life. Where do I go from here?

That's one hell of a post.

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

this is good as long as it's a matter of getting it early vs not at all in that playthrough. grinding for random drops is lame

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I am extremely unlucky when it comes to Dark Souls loot drops so I actually really hate the loot system in that game... It's badass when you get fixed drops from corpses or killing a boss or whatever but it makes me sad when to get the Cool Sword i have to kill 500 dudes and ascetic the bonfire because it still hasn't dropped

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:smith: