Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr.Radical posted:

So is the Doughboys Reddit melting down about this? I like a good fandom meltdown every now and then.

considering it's Reddit I'm sure they're fine with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Dr.Radical posted:

So is the Doughboys Reddit melting down about this? I like a good fandom meltdown every now and then.

I'm not great at parsing reddit UI but I did look and reddit/patreon seem to be way less critical compared to twitter and here (lol)

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Dr.Radical posted:

They're downvoting most posts that mention the sex tape lmao.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I'm cool with entertaining the notion that this was the boys trying to torpedo the podcast, but I don't buy it yet

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Rob Lowe having gone on a mission to murder Bigfoot an unexpected revelation.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I got 15 minutes into this episode with noted sexual predator Rob Lowe before dipping out and deleting it. not sure what I expected but was pretty mediocre

MY FRIEND Chris Pratt told me about intermittent fasting, did you know I had noted piece of poo poo Gwyneth Paltrow on MY PODCAST

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
not super upset about the rob lowe thing but on the other hand i've got a podcast backlog building up so i'm going to skip the episode where they ask the sex criminal what his favorite milkshake flavor is

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

little munchkin posted:

not super upset about the rob lowe thing but on the other hand i've got a podcast backlog building up so i'm going to skip the episode where they ask the sex criminal what his favorite milkshake flavor is

I'm sure it's whatever was in fashion in the year 1986 before he had to commit to a one meal a day diet to continue looking like a leading man at age 56.

now the answer is "I wish I could have a milkshake, oh god I wish I could just taste one drop"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1307397648421277696

ten thousand dollars :eyepop:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hey, actually a good response, good for them.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Don’t read the twitter replies yikes

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:unsmith:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Bugmane go on rob lowes podcast

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This is all funny because of how easy it would have been to avoid this.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
absolutely a much better response than most would have had.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Next time you gently caress up just keep your head up and remember that no one's ever had to give away ten G's as penance for having a conversation about burgers with you

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wonder if he asked to do the podcast and they didn't want to say no. I don't believe for a moment that Nick Wiger had never heard of these allegations, he loves hearing about this stuff.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wonder if he asked to do the podcast and they didn't want to say no. I don't believe for a moment that Nick Wiger had never heard of these allegations, he loves hearing about this stuff.

Hey buddy, you ever molest any children?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So Rob, I hear you're something of a creamsman yourself

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Mr. Squishy posted:

Rob Lowe recently started some lovely podcast on Stitcher with Team Coco, I'm sure there were reasons that prevented them from being able to easily say no.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also, the guy just never actually got cancelled. The poo poo's well-known but he's been a fixture of network TV for most of our lives and starred in two of the shows that viewers and critics who think they're "as progressive as it gets" would hold up as having exemplary politics. I don't blame anyone for being upset and I'm glad they're listening to that but I do get why they didn't think of him as beyond the pale when the people with much larger platforms apparently don't either.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

100% he has some project coming out and that project's marketing team contacted the boys or ppl at headgum

as for why they agreed i could only speculate wildly

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

little munchkin posted:

100% he has some project coming out and that project's marketing team contacted the boys or ppl at headgum

as for why they agreed i could only speculate wildly

It's this. Feels like a Headgum directive to get a recognized, non-comedy-world name for people who don't know Doughboys to give the podcast a try.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
It must be from a directive considering that Wiger purposely sabotaged any chances of them getting a TV show.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I had no idea Rob Lowe was cancelled, isn't it most plausible that they didn't either?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I mean not really, they work in entertainment in LA so all their friends would know about it, plus a large contingent of the fans brought it up when they announced the guest spot.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

n8r posted:

I had no idea Rob Lowe was cancelled, isn't it most plausible that they didn't either?

he isn't cancelled, it's just a really bad look in 2020 to have him on a show that makes jokes about epstein

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
well now everything's better; I certainly hope literally everybody else in LA has learned their lesson and throws $10k at a problem every single time Rob Lowe works again, forever

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

n8r posted:

Yeah I had no idea either.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Next week: Planet Hollywood with Woody Allen

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That would be a great show, actually. Imagine Mitch doing a drop about jacking off in front of Woody Allen.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dr.Radical posted:

That would be a great show, actually. Imagine Mitch doing a drop about jacking off in front of Woody Allen.

mitch: it's actually surprising we haven't had you on before this, considering you and my co-host nick have a lot of mutual interests

nick: hey, come on now

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Huh, I was considering canceling my Patreon, but that's actually a pretty good response from the 'boys. In retrospect I could believe that the choice of guest wasn't 100% theirs.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

chmods please posted:

Huh, I was considering canceling my Patreon, but that's actually a pretty good response from the 'boys. In retrospect I could believe that the choice of guest wasn't 100% theirs.

Do they have private messages enabled for patreon subscribers? If they do, you should definitely send them a message about how you were going to cancel but didn't, but at the same time pressure them about why you felt that way.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I had no idea either.

Is there anything new besides the sex tape? A quick googling isn't showing anything.

edit: searching "rob lowe canceled" just finds many articles about his multiple one season shows

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

GoutPatrol posted:

Is there anything new besides the sex tape? A quick googling isn't showing anything.

He's had multiple nannies sue him for sexual harrasment.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 21, 2020

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea he's, at best, a known sexpest even if you believe his 'she looked 18 so I'm all good right' stuff. Dude sucks rear end even before you get to his trump poo poo, no idea why he was on but glad they heard the people going 'this fuckin sucks guys'.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arden Myrin has the perfect energy for this show. Such fun.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I hope she comes back soon, I love when guests are so in tune with the show vibe.

Also 'come meet me by the water slide' is some good white trash threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Also 'come meet me by the water slide' is some good white trash threat

As is the evocation of "my cousins"

I don't know how well she knows the boys, but she just dove in like she had known them forever and made it work.