Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

Honestly, I hate chocolate ice cream too. For exactly that same reason. Never liked it.

You're right. So is Nick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Crindee posted:

Y'know sometimes people go a little hard on Nick for his food takes, but after his "I do not like chocolate ice cream because it is too chocolatey" take this episode, I hope Mitch beats the poo poo out of him when the pandemic is over. Little robot freak. Goblin man.

Imagine being this wrong

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Between Doughboys and How Did This Get Played, I am losing faith that we’re hearing a performative Nick.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Nick and this thread have radicalized me and I am now a member of Spoon Nation or whatever that dipshit is calling it now that he's changed his nickname for a fifth time

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I also agree with nick. Vanilla bean is way better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
vanilla IS a flavor!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Vanilla whips rear end

My favorite ice cream is peanut butter from cold stone creamery which I think I had in a dream since no one else seems to have had

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry's Netflix and Chilled because of this episode and honestly it loving rips and should be a permanent flavor.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

chmods please posted:

I picked up a pint of Ben & Jerry's Netflix and Chilled because of this episode and honestly it loving rips and should be a permanent flavor.

yea I'm a fairly basic Ben & Jerry's bitch and have Cherry Garcia as my fave flavor but I would not mind at all if Netflix and Chilled stayed around.

Dogshit name, though, even by B&J standards.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wiger on Reactivaders is great. Kinda no name show but fine and Wiger is bringing great energy and tons of game development stories.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 7, 2021

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Wiger on Reactivators is great. Kinda no name show but fine and Wiger is bringing great energy and tons of game development stories.

Could I get a link, please?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Marsupial Ape posted:

Could I get a link, please?

Whoops I misspelled the name, it’s Reactivaders. I just searched for the show name in my podcast app. There’s a link in the tweet thread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/reactivaders/status/1367552657007669250

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Whoops I misspelled the name, it’s Reactivaders. I just searched for the show name in my podcast app. There’s a link in the tweet thread:

https://mobile.twitter.com/reactivaders/status/1367552657007669250

Cool, thanks.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Arden Myrin for permanent third mic

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Yeah she is really good and her energy matches the show very well.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
She’s such a good guest

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love when the guests are so unironically into the show concept. Like obviously it's hilarious when a Hodgeman type just goes 'so you guys just yell at eachother about misunderstandings half the show and hastily decide if a quarter pounder is good? Cool' but Arden and that pair from the true crime podcast I keep forgetting to check out who are just 100% unironically into the basic idea is really fun.

It helps that regardless of if the guest is making fun of the show or into it Mitch and Wiger feel deep shame about what they do.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
The deep shame is why I identify with Mitch and Wiger so much. They are my people.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Arden just buys into the concept of the show without a hint of irony and it really helps keep the energy up.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

Arden just buys into the concept of the show without a hint of irony and it really helps keep the energy up.

She was great.

Has Julie Klausner been on?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"My mum makes hot fudge, New England Hot Fudge, she makes it all the time..."

[11 seconds later]

"SHE'S NOT MAKING IT ALL THE TIME!"

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I thought it was peanut butter parfait

I thought it was peanut butter parfait, wiges

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I got a Big Mac coin.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Probably already shared but I can't stop laughing at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRbRfpZniV8

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
DRESSA
DRAWGH

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

DRESSA
DRAWGH

lol

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Probably already shared but I can't stop laughing at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRbRfpZniV8

Oh, Jesus, how did I not know there were fan animations of the Doughboys?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'you put it in the attic?! That's where they grow!'

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
sucking on a dog like you're sucking on a titty

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The most unexpected Annie Proulx reference of my life.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Oh, Jesus, how did I not know there were fan animations of the Doughboys?

This one was officially commissioned, I think by Persinger, to spread some of that sweet Patreon money around. Like how Nick altruistically never followed up on that Phantom Denny's order.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

JethroMcB posted:

This one was officially commissioned, I think by Persinger, to spread some of that sweet Patreon money around. Like how Nick altruistically never followed up on that Phantom Denny's order.

I'm workin' on it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Carl Tart is really loving funny

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

carl talking about him and ahsohn showing up at the mall in track suits solely to go to the dairy queen was hilarious

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Carl is one of the funniest guys out there and I really hope he gets to shine soon. I know he's been writing/producing on Kenan's new show. But I would love to see him anchor something.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Carl Tart rocks so hard and I can't wait till he's a lead in movie or show I can tell my friends to watch.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Someday I won't have to explain why I'm so happy when Carl Tart shows up in things like the Good Place.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

Carl is one of the funniest guys out there and I really hope he gets to shine soon. I know he's been writing/producing on Kenan's new show. But I would love to see him anchor something.

NBC supposedly has Grand Crew coming at some point in the 2021 season. Carl and Nicole Byer listed among the main cast.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The second I heard Carl's voice I literally said "Carl Tart is in this. gently caress yeah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Doughboys don't really have any 'bad' guests but Tart, Gabrus, Byer, Cassady and Rust, and and now Arden are probably the frequent ones that always make me go 'oh hell yes' and listen right away.