Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

gabrus rules wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Moe's also has awesome cheese dip. Chipotle's cheese dip is terrible and grainy.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Popete posted:

I don't understand how a queso can have zero flavour but Chipotle figured it out. It's like they just made a basic flour/water roux and called it queso.

Idk what flour plus water would be but it's def not a roux. Roux requires fat and flour. It's like they made a roux and didn't allow the flour to cook before making a bechamel and adding cheese way too soon, stirred it for a couple seconds and then served the slop. It's truly terrible.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/1131566832354070529?s=19

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

I'm half way through this episode and Mitch has issues this might be some of the worst he has ever been on the pod

I've never said this about doughboys but it's actually kind of hard to listen to because mitch is just so bad here, I do love gabrus though

What do you mean? He seemed like same ol Mitch to me.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I like when there's tension, it's funny to me I think because I feel it's natural tension hightened for the show.

Mitch's exasperation with Nick is cathartic for me, the audience, who can't tell Nick he's a piece of poo poo when he likes food I don't.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
There was a Netflix movie a couple years ago that I thought was pretty good. I think Sandler went through a phase where studios would let him do whatever so he made kid movies where he goes on vacation with his friends. The "Jack and Jill period".

That Netflix movie is called The Meyerowitz Stories and Sandler did a great job. Whoever his manager is has really turned it around for him.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

whydirt posted:

Is Mitch one of the aliens?

then they could rename doughboys to alien vs predator

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ok, buddy

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
How many roses for but one kiss?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

It was the hand holding that was pricey.

Seems like an easy day for a sw. Hope you had a nice time.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
*Mitch fires his tomorrow gun and it works fine*

Ok well gently caress you you piece of poo poo!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

indigi posted:

Omg this weeks episode is hilarious, I love when Paul directly calls out their absolutely absurd cohost dynamic

Go ahead, indigi.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

This is hosed up. I can't even look at you. This is so hosed up, dude.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who thought Derek Waters sucked. I gave it 30 minutes before I shut it off. Idk it felt like he was nervous or something and the vibe was awkward as gently caress. Once he was like “let’s turn off cams and just talk” I was done with it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I agree he started out weak and sounded bored but got better as the show went along. Not a top tier guest but any means but ended up maybe a 3 forker. I think it was hurt by the restaurant being fairly obscure without an interesting reason to be covering it so it was harder to hook me in. Compare with how I'm probably never going to Jimmy Buffett's restaurant but Mitch becoming enraged at Rockdoughberfest and changing his past scores made it hilarious.

I will give it another chance then, that first ten minutes was ooof and I had another ep of a different podcast that I wanted to listen to queued up after it so I skipped that poo poo.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah it’s ok when Nick & Mitch are there but I tried to listen to some without them and not bad but not must listen. Kinda like trying to listen to Action Boyz when the Doughboys aren’t there, not a mess but really just another movie podcast.

You had me then you lost me. Action Boyz are always entertaining to me.

Blank Check I listen to only when I like the movie. They did Miyazaki’s films and I had a blast listening to Ponyo, princess mononoke, spirited away etc, but they rated Howls Moving Castle at the bottom of their respective lists and i can’t bring myself to listen to that episode. I listened out of order so I heard their rankings first before I listened to the actual episodes, probably shouldn’t have done that because they say that every movie on that list is very very good, but still! It’s stupid I know, but still not ready to listen. What if they think Howl is balls?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

TychoCelchuuu posted:

They don't think Howl is balls, they just (correctly) think the rest of the movies are masterpieces and Howl is the only one that doesn't 100% work.

That’s good to hear. About the balls.

I have listened to every other Miyazaki Blank Check, and I agreed with what they said for each one, but I don’t rank Howl below every other film which is why I haven’t been able to bring myself to listen to it yet. It’s just me being sentimental really, about what was happening in my life when I first saw it.

It’s a good podcast, even better when the doughboys are on it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Lmao

I just listened to the Double with Paul Rust talking about the Spooky Buddies and it’s so good. Rust is so silly and I can’t get enough.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Is there a bracket up somewhere for munch madness?

This looks like it

https://challonge.com/munchmadness2022

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Stern daddy made me laugh. A-hem

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
doesn't he know he can warm the food with several appliances in his own house?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I actually think that sounds good though. Citrus and peanut butter isn’t that weird of a combination if you think of savory dishes so I bet it would be just fine in a dessert.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
My favorite is the cereal one because you can tell from the ad that the cereal sucks

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I’m sad to hear that I was right. One day the scientists will crack it.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

god that show was so good. shame it didn 't keep going, but i guess netflix sucks poo poo?

the one where they meet the skeleton in the cave... i still think about that. and september santa. and wrong star wars.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

I realized last week that it's been 7 1/2 years since the Goldhoff and Steinstein sketch, which means they're half way to marrying each other if they're both still single.

Those songs they sing are so beautiful.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It was an IFC show when they briefly went in on indie comedy really hard.

Oh yeah I forgot. Rip IFC, thanks for making comedy bang bang too.

Here’s a good sketch
https://youtu.be/F7DCntRB3pA

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

“If I made one person smile, than that’s just as important”

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Oh my shoooooooooooe

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Nick Wiger fancam for the real ones

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR5hPJEU/

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i can see the crossed swords in the photo.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
well we all gotta go sometime, might as well have as many favorite tasty treats as you can before then.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

an all time classic

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

indigi posted:

I rarely eat ice cream and haven't had an ice cream bar on a stick in well over a decade but this ep has me all tuned up for one. I don't even know where to buy a single ice cream novelty but I’m going to find out

you can buy an ice cream novelty in 78% of stores in the united states! :911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911::911:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The Wayne the Skeleton King sketch has permanently added "the candy treat! that can't be beat!" into my stream of consciousness.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

MokBa posted:

Birthday Boys is definitely worth a watch. It's all available on Pluto TV for free as well.

And for those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching Mitch's talk show pilot as well. I'll forever be sad that it wasn't picked up. (Though I guess if it had been, we'd have much less Doughboys.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSgLuhiAjk

Didn't Mitch say that this show got passed over for Russel Brand's talkshow?

Biggest fumble in television history if that's the case.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
i think about the family of dads a lot.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Love a Cuban sandwich though. When will the 'boys talk about their lived experience of eating one!?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
And the vending machine was in a hotel in Havana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
prevaricating around my criticism of the fast food podcast thread due to i'm a mysterious and highly-skilled poster