Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

anotherone posted:

Wow, I don't disagree with 3.5 forks for Five Guys but I am surprised they didn't like the fries. The cajun fries are definitely my number one fry choice from any restaurant, fast food or not. Honestly I would rate the burger as alright but it's still worth a visit just for that greasy paper cup of hot-out-of-the-fryer fries.

I enjoy the 5 Guys fries, but I think the Cajun style are absurdly salty, and they don't go well with the malt vinegar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Dull episode this week. I was expecting better from an episode with Matt Besser, but he's so goddamn low energy, and I'm tired of hearing about UCB at this point.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ronald Reagan is the New England Patriots of dogs.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Juttman posted:

Is "hutdog"/"pupcorn" a regional thing or a Spoon Nation accent?

I know people from Massachusetts, and I've never heard them hit their o words like that.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

djnkro posted:

So

As the longest running undisputed expert on the Doughboys podcast, and the leading gastronomer of the doughniverse, I feel like I should weigh in.
These last 3 episodes have been a complete aside. While the tournament of chompions was undeniably a high point for the podcast, Inevitably the response has been to swing the pendulum far, and fast to the diametric opposite side of the spectrum.

The Doughboys runs the risk of becoming an insular L.A-centric review podcast, which heavily relies on in-jokes.
It did not work for Mike and tom, and it will not work for Tiny Wiges, and the spoon-hound.

You should stop listening. And posting.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

The two men hate each other though.

You sick gently caress.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I cannot believe I never made the connection that Wiger was Leo Karpatze until the Popeye's episode. I love that stupid bit.

I keep waiting for the super long drops to not be funny to me, but they absolutely kill me. Last week's "what the gently caress" medley was a goddamn riot.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

So the inevitable annoying question in any podcast thread: What's a good episode to introduce someone to Doughboys, outside of starting from episode one?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Their worst guest is and always will be Armen Weitzman. That episode is probably their worst. Special honors to anyone who was on the show and didn't go to the restaurant beforehand.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I didn't listen to the In N Out episode because Armen sucks.

I've always thought he was a decent actor whenever I've seen him in anything, but as a personality he is insufferable.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

xbilkis posted:

I am deeply troubled by the degree to which this show is willing to apologize for the Star Wars prequel

Both hosts enthusiastically agreeing that this scene is great was a low point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU

I don't get it either. I thought it was a bit at first. They're both kinda nuts, though. It helps to remember that.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Bug Mane was okay. Armen loving sucked.

Welp, talk to you dudes later!

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

cams posted:

nick wiger is a musical genius https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2df6x2YEeu8

watch to completion.

Nick Wiger's hatred of comedy is maybe my favorite thing about him.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It's more his hatred of working at Funny or Die (the site specifically). I don't think I've met one former employee who had an overall good experience.

That may be true of the Gungan Style video, but he's been pretty vocal about how stupid and pointless and embarrassing his line of work is, especially stacked up against his father's accomplishments. His dislike of improv is especially pointed.

Also, I agree with Harris.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Garth_Marenghi posted:

I Don't know what that has to do with anything, but okay.

I like fries.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

little munchkin posted:

*voice of a guy who listens to a podcast about hamburgers* I too think that guy should have been poor for longer

Yeah, I might have a different perspective as a failed restaurant owner, but you guys are being really loving weird...

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mitch is right, Pinhead vs. The Mask would be a good fight...

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

cicis was robbed by being excluded in the first place

Gross. Cici's is goddamn horrible. To paraphrase Jon Gemberling, there comes a point where how cheap a food item is works against it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

cams posted:

lol this is matt besser

I can't stand Besser, but as someone on the forums said "everyone you thinks is funny thinks he's a genius". Which is true, but he is still a goddamn bore.

I've always thought the Sklars are a pretty fair-to-middling act, but they didn't go to the freaking restaurant they suggested, and that is some bush league poo poo. :argh:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

See, I don't discuss how much money I make with the world in general because it's nobody's loving business. Like I don't discuss any relationship problems, or health concerns, or parenting issues, or anything else in my personal life I don't feel like sharing. Jesus. Maybe Mitch & Nick don't discuss it because they think it's "gauche", but really who cares.

I like Spencer well enough, but it's no wonder he and Dan gravitated to one another.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

You can be too drunk for a Denny’s, or at least you can be tossed from one.

This really, really depends on the Denny's.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

If Bug Mane was a seventeen year old, I'd probably think to myself "man, that kid is going to be really funny someday".

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

It never stops being funny that Mitch has a beautiful singing voice. There's an alternate universe where he's Josh Gad or James Corden level of fame.

Having just watched both Frozen movies with my daughters, the thought of Mitch voicing Olaf really tickles me.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

You sick gently caress.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

If you're interested in checking out that new Netflix show with Mitch in it, I can't recommend it. It's aggressively unfunny.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I like Hodgman's weird prickliness, and David Rees is a bonafide weirdo. I thought it was a fun episode.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

This has made me unreasonably happy.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

little munchkin posted:

do you feel the same revulsion at "haha sex abuse victims" and "haha suicide", or do you just reserve your ire for when a woman makes a problematic joke?

Jokes aren't funny.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'd say it's almost like Harris could see into the future, but I feel like a couple things might have turned out differently if he could.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Also all other people.

I think we were finally getting there, but then a bunch of people decided to try to convince everyone that the prequels are Actually Good because nothing means anything anymore, so here we are.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm behind a couple episodes, but it is hilarious how out if his mind and Mitch is at the end of the energy drink vs. coffee episode. Between him and the guest, I would have thought I was listening at 1.5x speed, but Nick's cadence kinda anchored it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

This week's call-in Double is a lot of fun. Mitch keeps goin' "We gotta be mean to these people!", tells callers "You idiot, we're hangin' up on ya!" then takes like 15 seconds to say bye effusively and thank them for listening.

He's been so loose and fun since he went back to Quincy. The show has been very enjoyable lately. I've loved the show since the first time I heard it, but it's always nice to get a change of pace now and then.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It's because he's with his good friends, like Dan-O and Wu-Tang and iPad, and not his bad friends, like Joe Saunders and Bug Mane and Clarence Clemens III.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

It was all part of their plan.

Ah, the "New Coke Gambit"...

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What? That was hilarious, I like how Mitch thought it was a gas station and watching 9/11 in the student center, Andy Daly recounting bad restaurant jobs in that town. I don't know anything about Ithaca and it was fun content.

Ithaca is gorges, according to a t-shirt I used to see a lot.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I really want to hear the story about Marc Maron calling Mitch and asking if he was pretending to be his producer.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 2, 2021

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Mitch will have a speaking role in a Zach Snyder film within 2 years.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I haven't given a poo poo about Hollywood action blockbusters for quite a while, but I'm very excited for Tomorrow War. And it's all because of that stammering, pumpkin-headed Masshole incel. It's it's... it's gud.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Marsupial Ape posted:

Mitch is not an incel.

Volcel. Forgive me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Except for the famous ones.

Thats what I thought too, but I guess Sam Richardson is a bigger deal than I thought he was??

Anyway, I'm real happy for Mitch. I get the same weird misplaced sense of pride from watching him succeed that I feel for Bob Odenkirk.