Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Someone help me out. There's an episode early on, probably no later than #6, where Mitch is being harder than usual on Nick but he burns Mitch so bad later on that even Spoonman is like "well, ya got me!" I know that's like zero information, but it made me crack up so much. I know they don't actually hate each other, but their wimpy nerd/dumb jock dynamic is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I've lost all respect for The Burger Boy after hearing Del Taco is 5 forks, presumably. It's soooo bland. If I want cheap disgusting unauthentic Mexican food, I'm going to Taco Bell. Flavor country, baby.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I still can't believe the Doughboys did a 4+ hour round trip just to go to a Steak N Shake. You drive all that way, you might as well spend the night in Vegas.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

You shouldn't be allowed to order food for yourself if you enjoy boneless wings. Treasonous to Spoon Nation.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I didn't like Star Wars. I saw it 4 times.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I don't get Five Guys at all. I heard all this hype that they were an In N Out killer when they came to L.A. several years ago but it was really disappointing. Expensive and not even close to INO. It was like any old burger you'd get at a rundown BURGERS-BURRITOS-PASTRAMI place. Decor totally rips off INO too. And the peanuts? The only place I want free peanuts is a bar. Who walks into a burger joint starving for some peanuts?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought it was a great episode despite Krispy Kremes not being a chain restaurant. They don't even have breakfast sandwiches. It's just a donut spot! But veteran UCB people being audibly scared of Besser is always funny to me.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Why did Spoonman hate Rocktober again?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman sounded really sad on the "fat guys" episode of High and Mighty because the other two somehow have hot wives and he's still very self conscious about his body :(

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I think Nick and Mitch find their voices and settle into an engaging, combative back-and-forth pretty quickly, and they and the guests share pretty fun personal stories. That said, if you don't enjoy people super earnestly talking about fast/casual dining then you may want to ditch it. There's a reason that pretty much every episode is at least 90 minutes long. These people are genuinely invested in whatever bad food they're tackling that week.

If you want to experience a capsule version of the show, maybe try jumping ahead to the Rockdoughberfest episodes. In just four episodes you'll get a solid window into the show's dynamics, the hosts' chemistry and a foreshortened version of the Spoonman's gradual disillusionment with the very conceit of the podcast.

MennoKnight is talkin bout Love.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Well, the advice still stands.

No joke, there's a scene where Mitch talks about fast food options for like a whole minute.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Tightly followed by how many quarter portions their food consisted of

They said portions on the minisode but didn't do the Star Wars bit and it felt wrong.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Nicole Beyer should be the new permanent co-host and I want her to make babies with Mitch. Tag your posts with #DoughBabies if you agree.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I creeped on Wiger's Instagram and his wife's IG is literally the opposite of what DoughBoys stands for: All pictures of delicious non-chain food.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

A Last Supper dinner consisting of all the most famous aliens grubbing on In N Out is my favorite image.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"Did you go to a Mummy and Me screening?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cuuuuck E Cheese: Where A Kid Can Cuuuuck His Dad

Thanks, Lowtax.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"I hate you making it seems to our listeners that I'm some kind of dumbass!"

"The things on the end of forks... Prawns?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Counterpoint: I've walked/driven by Veggie Grill a million times and never once wanted to go inside because Chik-Fil A and In N' Out are 3 minutes away, but now I want to go to there. Because of the Doughboys.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

PupPup telling baby Spoonman to be wary of goblins.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"How about this: #ComplimentsToTheBread"

"....NO!!!!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Jensen going to both iterations of Yoshinoya is great. I drove by the La Cienega one for the first time last month and was blown away by how nice it looked compared to all the other gross ones around town. Speaking of making GBS threads your pants, the Santa Monica/Western one he went to is a great place to take a poo poo if you're ever driving around Hollywood with bubble guts.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I'm not going to lie. I was just like them in assuming the rooster hosed hens and the eggs were babies. My excuse is that I'm a cityboy who shits in dilapidated Yoshinoyas.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mitch spends the first 20 mins talking about cradling kittens in his hands yet no Lenny from Of Mice and Men jokes from Wiger. "What the FOCK?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Even before the kittens, it was inevitable that Doughboys would end with Wiger shooting Mitch in the back of the head.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

There's nothing like a hutdog at the ballpark. Fenway Franks... 5 forks.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"I hope the loving white race gets wiped out!"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Santitas were already my chip of choice but their love of the Doughboys thru twitter has only cemented my brand loyalty.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's still funny to me, dammit.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hey guys.

Just wanted to say I used the "ignore user" feature for the first time in the seven years of using this forum. 5 forks.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

In 'n Out's fries are really that bad, huh

I think people dislike their fries just because the burgers so consistently good and cheap and everything else is perfect. They're definitely not crisp like McDonald's, but I've never minded because they taste so fresh (chopped on-site) and aren't dripping in greasy fatty oil.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Wendy's with Paul Rust is pretty solid. The Subway one is great too because they did it right after Jared got popped for being a pedophile

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman is on the latest This Feels Terrible talking about his past and present love life and his two kitties. I genuinely want him to find love and not on the TV show :/

But then again, I got my ex addicted to Doughboys and last week Mitch requested to follow her on Instagram. I'm about to get cUUUUcked by the goddamn Spoonman.......

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Live Doughboys was one of the rowdiest crowds I've ever see at UCB. Mitch's drop was so long that a visibly mad Wiger had to cut it off with like four minutes remaining.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

oof, was the rest of the show okay though? I know the live crowd at Harmontown when on tour (another Feral Audio) can be really rough sometimes

e: Oh this was at UCB, thought it was that Comic-Con thing

The rest of the show was just as good. My last post wasn't meant to be negative.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

At first. Then he went backstage for a minute and came back with some beers.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1p9IKbFoE

Here's the video that ended the Doughboys live show. I don't know how much they kept for the audio version but I'll preface it with this: Nick was about the end the show when Mitch said he had a surprise video for him and he was very genuine about how he's one of his best friends despite all the poo poo they give each other.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Their FB says this week's is the last Susser Games. Lmao they're not even doing the whole month because they hate it so much.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

"Felix is the wackest cat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The way Allan McLeod reacts to the trailer talk is so goddamn funny: "Whaaaa.... Whaaaaa... Yaddle.....?"