Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

When a friend recommended the show years ago I gave it a try and wasn’t terribly interested in the long discussions with occasional bouts of humor, but when I tried again with newer episodes it’s like a different show with more energy and fun and Wiger being Wiger.

I’ve been going through the archive but sticking to newer stuff, is there a notable point when the hilarity skyrocketed? The 2016 eps aren’t bad but nothing compared to an attempt to use the WWE cookbook.

Maybe Pizza Hut with Neil Campbell or Wendy's with Paul Rust? I like the earlier episodes, but these are two pretty silly episodes. I feel like it didn't take that long for both hosts to lean into their personas and bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sausage burrito over Egg McMuffin is loving bullshit. Bracket busted.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman should beat this guest’s rear end for all the fat jokes once quarantine is lifted.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think it is too easy to be distracted by the message to mitch and not notice how insane the actual strip is.

Why? It makes perfect sense.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Human Tornada posted:

Darn, ya caught me!

I mean he’s right. They joke about killing each other and suicide and fat shaming and pedophilia drat near every episode but god forbid a lady comedian (comedienne) makes a joke about... Pandemic benefits ending?

At least she didn’t talk about her college after the host brought up how she went to that college.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Chelsea Peretti thinking Nick and Mitch were like 27 years old was very funny.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 4, 2020

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Poor Mitch. Here he was, co-starring in a fun big budget action movie with a big movie star and instead it’s going to end up on Netflix, where it will trend on Twitter for 6 hours before becoming completely lost in our cultural consciousness like 95% of Netflix movies/TV shows these days.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It was all part of their plan.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Slide whistles are xenophobic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Binowru posted:

When/where was this? I didn't think improv shows were happening in LA again