Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Just listened to the Domino's episode, which features as a special guest one of the host's old roommates. Holy crap, listening to the two of them constantly snipe at each other was laugh-out-loud hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

Do people just not know you can get your fries well done at In N Out? I'm also an rear end in a top hat originally from LA so never ask my opinion on In N Out, it might just be too skewed.

You can, but they're still only mid-list for fast food fries because instead of frying them twice like most other chains they just leave them in longer. And tbf all fries a pretty bad once they cool down, In-N-Out's are just particularly more so.

I moved to Boston last year and I miss them so much :(

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Who was the guest on the Popeye's episode? She was pretty boring.

Another guest I disliked was the guy on the Krispy Kreme episode, but mostly because he had a really annoying habit of starting sentences at full volume and then getting softer and softer the longer he talked, which could be for quite a while.

caligulamprey posted:

Nicole Byer and Fran Gillespie #1 Doughboys VIPs for life.

This, and also the woman who guested on Chuck E. Cheese, which for my money is the funniest episode to date. "Where a kid can cuck his dad!"

drat, I suck with names :(

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

There's still a lot of really well-known places they haven't covered yet (McDonald's and Applebee's off the top of my head) but they might be saving them for something special.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Does anyone remember which episode they were talking about summer camp and the Lifesavers trick? I think it was fairly recent (in the last year or so) and I'm 90% sure it had a female guest, if that helps.

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when they said "Okay kids, time to eat Lifesavers off my dick!" and I can't find it again. :(

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Dylan McKay posted:

I think that's the latest Erin Mcgathy ep?

Henry Crustwheel posted:

Yep... I just happened to be listening to this one the other day. It's the Mentos trick. That might be why you were having trouble finding it.

At about 45 minutes in: http://www.feralaudio.com/104-sharkys-erin-mcgathy/

Ah, fantastic. Erin McGathy's probably my favorite guest, her Chuck E. Cheese episode is IMO the funniest one they ever did.

"Cuck E. Cheese? Where men go to watch other dudes rail their wives while eating pizza?" "Nah, your kid gets cucked by other dads. Like, they're playing catch and teaching them life lessons."

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 6, 2017

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxZI_homXs

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

I guess a white collar dipshit like you wouldn't understand how blue collar guys like me feel when people talk about Hamilton. Whatever.

Hey sports guy, if you like watching guys with balls, you should check out Guys and Dolls!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Was Erin the one who said she was really into people with flaws? Like, she dated a guy with a stutter or a diabetic pump because she thought they were hot? Kinda explains her attraction to Mitch.

"Did you guys.... do stuff with the pump?"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

King Hong Kong posted:

Ike’s is far too expensive for what it is and it is maybe the only sandwich I’ve ever had that has given me the “rumblies.”

The ratings inflation on doughboys for these smaller chains is proof that they have sold out.

The Doughboys can't be bought.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

PantsOptional posted:

No, it’s Regina’s which pretty much tells you all you need to know about Mitchy Two Spoons.

Regina's is pretty good, but has some serious quality control issues outside of the North End location. The best pizza in Boston is Pino's in Brighton. :colbert:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Kinda suprised they haven't done Costco as a full episode yet. Costco food, as well as Costco in general, own

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah I thought they were fine, not sure what everybody's problem with them was :shrug:

Worst guest IMO was whoever they had for Krispy Kreme, who had a really annoying habit of starting of a sentence at full volume and then getting quieter and quieter as they talked, which was always for a long, long, time. I don't think I ever got to the actual food part of that one before shutting it off.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah they're almost certainly waiting for Fran to come back. Her, McGathy, Gabrus, and Byer are on my Mount DoughboysGuestMore

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Know Such Peace posted:

I wonder how many times Wiger has told the ‘Subway adding ovens to all their stores to shutdown Quiznos’ story on the show.

One of these introduced me to "the horse flicking a fly off its tail" metaphor, which I love

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Took a long break from the podcast a couple years ago and recently started relistening.

Idk if they talked about this at any point over the course of the pandemic or if anyone here can even answer this, but do they plan to do the podcast over Zoom for the indefinite future, or are they planning on getting the boys and their guests in the same room again at some point? I've mostly just been listening to the live shows recently because the conversation flows so much better when there's not a second or two delay between each interaction.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Does someone still have the picture of Nick's absolutely insane Pinkberry order from the early episodes?

EDIT: Ah here it is, from the confusingly yet incredibly well-documented Doughboys wiki: https://doughboys.fandom.com/wiki/Yogurtland_with_Van_Robichaux?file=Yogvan1.jpg

Half New York Cheesecake with strawberries and cookie dough bites, and half Lemon Cupcake with Nutter Butters and peanut butter sauce :barf:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I was at the NYC show last week and same. Y'all are in for a treat when it releases as a pod