Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah he'd disabuse himself of the notion that actually it's simple, satisfying, noble work pretty quickly and go back to making six figures recording podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mitch surrounded by framed pictures of like a safari? nice

this should really help them with the "65+ but understands what a podcast is" demographic

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cloks posted:

imagine looking at those pictures and not immediately recognizing them as pictures his mum took on a safari she won in a contest for trying a sample of kaluha

lol i now remember this story but did not expect them to be so front and center in his zoom

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

carl talking about him and ahsohn showing up at the mall in track suits solely to go to the dairy queen was hilarious

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is truly the dumbest poo poo lmao

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is already a great ep

lmao paul doing the RV story from the other end

eke out fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 1, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ArtVandelay posted:

What is this RV story? I feel like I missed the joke completely.

sean told it in the stream today but it's also recounted in great detail in flagrant ones e96 , it's very good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

honestly everyone looks healthier and less hosed up now that they've been drinking than they did an hour ago

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

nick talked about these really cool puzzle games for two minutes before mentioning they are hentai

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://twitter.com/benpartridge/status/1392451362601021440
This is pretty funny, I don't know anything about the series hosting it but you don't need to, after a brief introduction it's just 25 minutes of Heather, Nick and Matt doing a bit.

lol that is extremely dark and just keeps going

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i wonder if nick saw people talking about the costco thing because it seems like he's thankfully shut the gently caress up about it in the past couple months

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

yea Selman seems fine, even if you wanna be a goon about him working on Simpsons during The Bad Times (spoiler, that's now vastly the majority of The Simpsons, RIP) the stuff he's credited for is solid so he's not even part of the problem.

yeah his episodes of doughboys have been good and he seemed to be self-aware and have a sense of humor about where his episodes stand in the fan culture surrounding the show

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cloks posted:

Doughboys in Cleveland with Carl Tart was gud.

spoil it for us: did mitch say anything had a "good taste to it"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I never really understood there being controversy over their Patreon. They use it for income, pay staff, and pay guests. They still have plenty of free content and deliver the promised bonus Patreon content. They don't claim poverty or plan to switch to a pay only model, or threaten to cancel if they don't get more subscribers. They aren't a charity or non-profit and have no obligation to divulge specifics and given the nature of obsessive fans that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Where's the problem?

lol you should google what that quote is from because there's a joke here you've missed

also congrats to the flagrant boys on also hiring the drop king

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

yea I'm sure there are weirdos genuinely mad about it or whatever but whenever the patreon is brought up like that it's pretty much always just a general joke of 'ha ha you guys get paid a nice amount of money to eat burger king and go 'the fries...are gud!!!!' and not actual anger.

especially when the person joking about it has a patreon that gets tens of thousands of dollars a month lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Tacier posted:

Is Derek Waters half drunk in this ep or is that just how he always is?

i also wondered this, not in a haha kinda way but to explain the odd, uncomfortable energy

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

looked at that and learned this dates back to past drama surrounding "BugCon" a... semi-ironic convention about bug mane?

lmao

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

wiger eating dry buns is his most stone cold psychopath poo poo to date

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

e: wrong thread

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ardemia posted:

Given how halfass the guest's "passion" for food and cooking was, if anything it was an ad why you shouldn't eat there. "I didn't know I needed an emulsifier / binder for making sausage" wtf did you expect, that lean ground meat would somehow magically stick together otherwise? Thats like knowing you need to whisk your eggs for an omelet. I guess its a commendable amount of knowledge for some franchise owner or whatever, but not the person you want creating the recipes for your main menu offerings.

I was a line cook for years and a kitchen manager for a while, so I really like when they have guests on with any sort of culinary/foodservice background. I still feel like they need to have a real line cook or kitchen person on there as they get someone that is like 50% there on, and it adds a lot of depth and new territory to discuss, but then it never gets quite to 100% as it were.

i love to hear about how their restaurant uses quality ingredients, fresh never frozen, to serve elevated american comfort food. a runny egg? holy poo poo

edit: yeah i didn't really mind the food knowledge part, tbf, just the way it felt like sponsored content at times

eke out fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 25, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hyrax Attack! posted:

deleted after ten minutes when Griffin kept repeating "robert cop" and there was still 2 hours to go

lol see this makes me want to listen to that episode. to each their own

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

What's up with his voice? He sounds like he ate Betsy Sodaro.

did say he was mid-tour and did a full show literally just before this recording, where he was no doubt yelling as much as he always does lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i do not understand who likes bug mane

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

she was in both Saturday Night Live and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, she has an incredible imdb

also listened to one yesterday with her casually dropping "when we were filming the first season of the Eric Andre show" and realized she wrote on the first two seasons there

eke out fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 22, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I laughed at Wiger calling Mountain Dew: Southern Shock a "great varietal"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i really love a "also I have covid" reveal after 90 minutes of the guest saying the food did not have any flavor

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lemon cupcake with peanut butter is one of the weirdest wiger things

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i remember some story from jesse thorn about how he jokingly asked paul about getting comparisons to some other moustached fancy-dressed guy and PFT very politely-but-curtly replied like "I don't think it's appropriate to compare one person's appearance to another" and that it was the most devastating thing to realize he actually bothered the nicest man in comedy

eke out fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 8, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

you know it's a good ep when it starts with a 15 minute argument

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Drunkboxer posted:

Lol at Mitch on the Sloppy Boys this week. Great ep.

lol this is great

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mitch treats it with the same gravitas as learning that like, someone has abandoned their previous career and devoted their life to running a food kitchen

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they said they love each other a lot this week, i hate that!!!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

little munchkin posted:

https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1638193261339635718

Haven't listened to the ep yet but Guys is a super funny podcast. Check it out if you want some more D-Boys content.

the sex guys and erowid guys episodes with YKS are really good too

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

MokBa posted:

I love Amelia and I want her to become the Doughboys' own Producer Ben.

i was laughing so hard at today's appearance, she's good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cum parsons

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Illusive Man posted:

I get the impression Heather would be just fine with never being in the convo any further

she's a host of the show on her honeymoon

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mitch telling jennifer lawrence, extremely earnestly, "why would you ever want to change into something else?" and then immediately getting very embarrassed. he would have been incredible at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

According to the Wiki, Matt Aproducer's first CBB was February 2020, so a few months after HDTGP started

this tracks, because i'm pretty sure "proprietor of a store that personally kisses everything in the store" was an early covid idea lol