Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am deeply troubled by the degree to which this show is willing to apologize for the Star Wars prequel

Both hosts enthusiastically agreeing that this scene is great was a low point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bug Mane is great actually

Love the dynamic where both Wiger and Mitch seem to constantly be wavering on whether bringing him on was a mistake

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Also the Stanger episode has forever changed the experience of hearing the fork ratings

Wow. Wow. ....Wow.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bug Mane is way better than Armen because he's capable of finishing a sentence without trailing off like a weirdo

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gabrus using years of practice making self deprecating jokes to tear Mitch apart is a beautiful thing to hear

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Episode four of S2 is loaded with primo Mitch content, too

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Big fan of Mitch taking exception to Wiger calling Bostonians whiny and insecure and proceeding to offer the whiniest, most insecure defense imaginable

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nick revealing he got Carl's Jr. in response to 9/11 is this show's peak

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Amy Nicholson was great and her take on Goodfellas, even though it's clearly been finely workshopped into an Interesting Opinion, was actually good because it made Mitch legitimately angry on the pod cast

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Guests who are perplexed or upset by the Doughboys Philosophy make for great guests, especially because of how atypically unwavering the hosts are in the face of criticism

"I like food" — Nick Wiger

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ErinMcGathy/status/865148930845278208

Salt in the wounds

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Dr. Pepper guessing game sets a new standard for "thing that should be unbearable to listen to but is improbably engrossing"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The most dastardly deed Bug Mane has pulled is convincing Wiger the prequels are worthwhile

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't believe that all 11 of the Birthday Boys watched their own show

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I liked the part where they talked about how The Force Awakens is bad and the Star Wars prequels are good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I love the live episodes, but Mitch and Nick are probably the worst two people imaginable to be tasked with keeping an audience in line. They were basically straight up letting the audience have a conversation amongst itself during the Vancouver episode.

Learn a lesson from Scotty Auks, boys

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't understand why he has to like the new Star Wars. You guys realize that the Disney corporation doesn't need your stalwart defense right?

Star Wars is undeniably incredibly stupid, and making a compelling argument for disliking any of it is really easy

But instead Mitch will earnestly defend the dumbest, worst Star Wars movies while expressing incredulity that anyone could enjoy the newer, more broadly popular movies for reasons such as "there are no books in Star Wars"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

cams posted:

edit: nm they are doing an insanely ridiculous fantasy draft and spent 10 minutes discussing how to do a meaningless number guessing game, i'm back in

As someone who was planning on just skipping all of Star Wars month, the auction is insanely good

Bad Doughboys: The hosts share their earnest opinions on popular media
Good Doughboys: The hosts and their guest sit in a circle for 40 minutes saying numbers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Popete posted:

Peak Doughboys when the guest they pick for their pizza centric Munch Madness episode admits they hate pizza.

Heightened by Mitch responding incredulously, followed by Claudia saying she's told him that multiple times and he always reacts the same way

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
As a spectacularly lazy person, getting a whole Sbarro's pizza delivered to avoid a trip to the mall is a level of laziness I never thought possible

I need to never become well-off financially so I don't find out what deprived lows I would discover

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Give Mitch a break. His busy schedule demands that he wait 75 minutes in his home to have his food brought to him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He probably reads whatever subreddit the Doughboys have. And I think a lot of people complain at him/the Doughboys account directly on Twitter, which is serial killer behavior.

Normal people post their complaints about a podcast they have a paid subscription to on the dying internet forum that they also paid for

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nick: Here's a funny story about how there happened to be two Little Caesars on the same street within relatively close proximity to one another
Mitch: You're a dumbass for going to the wrong store!

(somehow, 15 minutes of Mitch defensively talking about how he does more for the show than people think and how Nick is mad at him for no reason ensues)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mitch doesn't understand why people like Blaze because two of its main strengths are smaller portions and a fast-casual dine-in experience

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
An adult should confidently know the toppings they prefer on a standard burger

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Pretty perplexed that Domino's won, although I guess the baseline for chain pizza is a lot lower than burgers or chicken

Between getting recordings from his mom and Dave Ferguson and walking a block to get Domino's, this episode felt like the most effort Mitch has put into the podcast in a while

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mitch was right to be angry at Wiger's opinions about pie

"It's very heavy" You're going to a place for a single slice of pie my dude, get it together

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'll say this about the Sklar Brothers: They might suck, but you gotta admit there are definitely two of them

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
KFC with PFT is a good one from what I remember

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I can't remember if they put it out on the free feed, but the Despicable Me 3 review with Mary Holland is maybe the best episode of the show

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Solo is a movie that has a ton of dumb poo poo to pick apart, so of course Mitch will fixate on how he doesn't like that a robot's brain got uploaded into the space ship

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Complaining about Han Solo ordering a brandy is way funnier than anything I could have made up ahead of time, good job Mitch

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The prank is amazing, but it's also really funny how genuinely shaken Wiger and Mitch seem to be about the fact they got different burgers than they expected

Wiger in this video is incredible

https://twitter.com/bugmanetv/status/1014858155933741057

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The beauty of Bug Mane is that every 10 minutes he'll hit on a legitimately good point about pop culture and it makes you wonder if the adult who is talking about puddy sauce and genuinely angry about the work of JJ Abrams is actually a genius

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This thread has been compromised

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1023082660225155072

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I mostly just feel bad that Nick and Mitch had to deal with the fallout of a feud between people who are somehow more socially inept than them

(For context, it looks like Jack Allison called out Spencer from Harmontown for posting on Reddit about how he thinks the Doughboys shouldn't have made their Patreon haul private a few weeks ago, and for some reason Spencer thought the best way to deal with that was to tag Nick/Mitch directly on Twitter in a post where he made the same point about the Patreon??? Also it looks like Feral/Starburns was lovely about paying their podcasters, Spencer included)

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 23, 2018

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am generally on Wiger's side but Mitch was absolutely right to rig that in favor of Ben & Jerry's

The PF Chang's episode was good; I feel like the show has been on a roll the past few weeks. They needed a dumb tournament with an insane arbitrary rating system to really remind them what Doughboys is all about

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They mention The Meg so much in this episode, so it's really tickling me to think about someone struggling to comprehend what they're talking about every single time

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Reviewing the frozen food at Trader Joe's is better content than reviewing a fourth hot food bar at a regional grocery store. Mitch, as always, is the smart one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Popete posted:

lol, Mitch's insistence that they rank pho, ramen and soup is insane and his incredulity that Wigers rightfully confused how that is supposed to work as the first two are subsets of the 3rd.

Rank these: Cheddar, Brie, Cheese, Food