Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Rock doughber fest was fun but im excited for them to get back to reviewing places ive actually been to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Really good thoughts on burger king this week... I have always thought that burger king needed to get away from the gimmicks and focus on what got them there, the classic Whopper.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im infuriated at Wiger for saying that dairy queen Blizzards and McFlurrys are milkshakes

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

djnkro posted:

Cool, lets compare to in n out burger. For under 7 bucks I can get a double double, fries, and a soda. Which is I'd say a top 10 fast food cheeseburger.

Now, lets get the small cheeseburger, small fries, and a small soda at five guys. These are current prices at Fresno CA

little cheeseburger 4.50
fries (small) 2.29
drink (again small) 1.99

total 8.78 cents

And that's not even comparing against the full sized cheeseburger at five guys.

You forgot to take the peanuts into account

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Dissenting opinion, it was good and i didnt even realize that people expected Doughboys to not be boring/low energy etc, i thought that was part of its charm. Theyre just talking about chain restaurants

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Gotta agree with Mitch on todays ep - love to get a good pupcorn at a game, and if I'm a little hungrier it's great to have a nice hutdug.

hahahah

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

The first episode stunk. Does it get better quick?

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

djnkro posted:

being the expert on the show. I feel I should weigh in.

Wiges the burger bitch is bitching out on the drop war. Who didn't see that coming. A clear victory for spoon nation.
That being said, he is working up his chops as a host, and kept Rusty on track mostly. However the gypsy silence moment showed his lack of professionalism.
Spoonman did a great job, and the guest was basically a more refined Armen Weitzmen. Likely their best guest yet.

Overall, I'd give the episode a 7/10. Not a good starting point for a casual listener, but good enough to get me into here commenting after their recent lull.
lets hope the tournament of chompions can keep the energy going.

As the resident expert on posting i give this post and your other similar ones in this thread a 2/10.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

anotherone posted:

"It's pronounced 'Cheetos'."

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Juttman posted:

Is "hutdog"/"pupcorn" a regional thing or a Spoon Nation accent?

Its a regional thing

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

djnkro posted:

loving tiny wiges the burger bitch. Ruining the tournament of chompions. How are you gonna bitch about a burger with bleu cheese, when you ordered it you fruit?
"Oh I think bleu cheese is bad on a burger. It's just too distracting... blah blah blah" Really? bleu cheese is too much for you? I move for a mutiny of the burger brigade! Long live Spoon Nation!

no

WEH posted:

Mike Mitchell is a retarded fatass creeper who will kill himself within the year qityd

no

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

djnkro posted:

"Ok boy, I'm an internet cool guy. Check me out!"

Bleu cheese is delicious on a burger. Wiges can gently caress right off.

You keep trying to do the same bit theyre doing in the show in this thread but its not funny and you come off like a weirdo, take it to the earwolf forums or whatever

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I appreciate that they put 6 seed in the title/episode description instead of the actual name to avoid spoilers for people who hadnt listened to the minisode. Good attention to detail

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn. This is a great day for burger fans the world over.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Really good minisode

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

wagnike2 posted:

I mean who doesn't have a crush on Claudia?

Yah everyone does

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

When I want a nice sweet treat, a nice tasty bit... I love an ice cream branded with the minions. I love those little guys. I think they're just great. Just like a restaurant we value your feedback, let's open up the feedbag.

haha

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

Why did they spend 20 minutes talking to a child about lovely movies? Whose favorite food movie is Julie and Julia?

lol seriously, the last 20 minutes of this episode is a hard pass

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Bug mane kinda seemed like he was trying too hard but he won me over by the end. Pretty good ep. I would like to never hear people arguing over if Star Wars is good ever again

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

little munchkin posted:

as a CBB fan I appreciate Bug Mane's intentionally bad character gimmick, but as a human being I had to turn off the podcast when they started taking about star wars again. considering just skipping ahead but I'm worried that they might start talking about star wars again later on

I did the same thing but ended up skipping ahead and listening to the rest and it was pretty good, star wars doesnt come up really after that

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Bobby Lee antagonizing them was pretty funny but as soon as i saw he was the guest I knew i was gonna be hearing an hour of him talking about taking drugs during MAD tv and making GBS threads himself or whatever, the same stories he tells literally every time someone puts a microphone near him

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Comedy reviews are so weird because like there will be one comedy a year critics will all agree to like and every single other comedy will be critics 37% fresh crowds 79%. And if you read the reviews they're always mad the comedy movie is making jokes.

Lol true. I didnt know they wrote Fist Fight though i saw a trailer for it and thought it looked lovely. But you cant really read reviews for comedies

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Id like to see Wendys spicy chicken go all the way.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
lol at Armen crying

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Man i love the Simpsons and i have really low standards for what constitutes a good Doughboys guest but Matt selman is pretty rough

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Interesting strategy to release by far the worst bonus episode as a teaser

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
For what its worth shes by far the best member of The Canon -- much better than her serial rapist friend

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
The star wars poo poo is always the worst part of any episode, thanks for the heads up OP

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Bug mane was funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Same. every other topic is good

This episode was good too , bug mane was funny and they didnt really talk about Star wars that much