Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Bought an mre off eBay after watching a million YouTube mre videos. Sort of picking at it as my dietary needs aren't exactly warfighter level. The fudge brownie is probably the sweetest thing I've ever tasted and looks like a brick of heroin. A+!

Honestly, after eating MRE's exclusively for a few days, the brownie and spice pound cake et al. taste appropriately sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Prism posted:

Desperation? I mean, it's not completely inedible; IIRC you can eat it if you boil the hell out of it with multiple changes of water. If you had no other options you might try to 'clean' it that way and then find out it worked. No idea as to why you'd ferment it, though, or who was the first person willing to eat it afterwards.

Like everything else from back then, fermenting it killed all the bacteria and such. Fermenting and curing were about all you could do to preserve meat.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, clicking that link still works for me. Where are you trying to access it from that the Department of Defense is blocking you?

The DoD blocks random poo poo all the time with no oversight or analysis because the military rank structure is stupid. Last year we were directed to block g.tld.* because "an excessive amount of DNS traffic goes there". That lasted a couple hours.

• Locked thread