Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

What is with that dude's hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
You could probably boil that and make some kind of porridge.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I mean, I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure you can survive without eating anything at all for quite a while if you're fat. Water's always gonna be a bigger problem, especially if the area is irradiated.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

It takes about 500-800 calories per day to survive with weight loss up to 5 pounds a week. You'll survive easily for the intended 2 weeks as long as you don't really do anything, but you'll be pretty drat uncomfortable for the whole thing and you won't be feeling too great when it comes to surviving the post-apocalyptic wasteland right after.

quote:

A 2009 review in “Archiv Fur Kriminologie” reports that humans can generally survive with no food or drink for eight to 21 days and may be able to survive without food, if they have water, for up to two months.
So, yeah. Quite a while.

• Locked thread