Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
The omelet picture gave me vivid memories of gagging in the woods circa 2011, probably on the same batch of ration, there doesn't seem to have been much of a change in the intervening fours years, that's what you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

hogmartin posted:

I do: http://www.quartermaster.army.mil/jccoe/publications/recipes/section_q/Q06000.pdf
I tried to make it in normal human quantities for my sister and her fiancé over Thanksgiving and it came out pretty well but I used frozen vs. canned spinach. If you try it, definitely add salt if you don't used canned spinach. I used butter crackers but no additional butter and the crust came out fine.

It's basically just a butter cracker crumb, cheese, and bacon crust over spinach. I have no idea why I like it so much or why I've never seen it outside the Navy.

My grandmother used to make a pretty similar thing, I think she got her recipe from a WWII soldiers wives cookbook or something of the likes.

• Locked thread