Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
This thread is super interesting. I kind of want to try these things out.

One question: what is berry soup? What makes it different from fruit juice or a smoothie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
In Russia, butter can't believe it's you!

:v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Or cubits.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

There is no comparison between Maruchan and Nissin. Nissin is lowest possible effort all the way.

Nissin is much saltier than Maruchan.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gonna try to make this soon. It's fruitcake, isn't it? I like fruitcake.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sometimes people with large secondary fridges in their garage or basement obtain a large amount of meat from a single animal.

I'm always very jealous of these people.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, "best by" means exactly that. Probably safe to eat unless something has obviously turned.

It's just assumed that people will have consumed it by the "best by" date.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phuzzy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1t8InSD8A

This was notable enough for the inclusion of a note inside the package that basically read, 'marines, this package has been specifically designed to meet your nutritional needs. DO NOT TRADE ITEMS WITH OTHER PEOPLE'.

What is up with his accent? I can't place it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So, like, how many bones are we talking about here with these fish? Every time I think eating bones my mind goes to ortolans.

I have to confess I've never tried this stuff, and I'm not entirely against it... but there is some trepidation.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gnoman posted:

A bottom-barrel supermarket chain that cuts prices to the bone by paying their workers like crap and never cleaning the store.

That must be why it's so hard to get hired there, just like at Trader Joe's. I wonder... is there a connection there somewhere?

He said, knowingly.

Plinkey posted:

They are such fine/(mushy I guess) bones that you don't even realize they have bones unless you go looking for them.

Like the difference between eating worms and snakes if you want to translate it to land-food.

Worms have bones now? :v:

(Also I kind of get it and these kind of fish are on my list of things to get around to trying, thank you for the explanation.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gnoman posted:

The branch here pays minimum wage ($8.75, while most of the other chains start at $10.00 or more), keeps getting caught stealing wages, and spends millions campaigning against minimum wage increases. The floor tiles are also black, despite being white when they were installed. This is because they figure out the minimum number of employees needed for the store to function, then hire a quarter as many.

Oh man. What is your general area if you don't mind me asking? Be as vague as you want, outside of country, obviously.

Elmnt80 posted:

The Aldi here pays $15/hr, which is almost double minimum wage. The store is always clean and well cared for too. My impression is this is pretty standard for their stores in the US. They're never short of applications.

The ALDIs in Chicago pay around that, and are impossible to get hired at just like their sister stores, Trader Joe's. Both are pretty dang good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

Sharabit is a fruit-flavored drink of some kind, and fasuliya is mostly beans in tomato sauce.

Sharabit sounds kind of like sherbet. Is it perhaps connected linguistically but diverged somehow, like biscuits and biscotti?

Like, a chilled/iced fruit drink?

• Locked thread