Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I wonder if Russian chocolate is good because of the soviet "one version of everything" system? Russian friends/my own reading have told me that sometimes whatever soviet version of an item existed was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Definitely, it makes sense for luxury stuff to be better quality.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

Suspect Bucket posted:

I gotta say, after a really hot sweaty day in the field chopping down trees and repairing hurricane damage back a few months, an 8oz airborne drink along with another litre of cool water and a dark chocolate breakfast bar got me right quick back on my feet. I'm not even all that in shape or nothing (i'm unfortunately an office bitch, not really too much opportunity to get out there and do real park ranger stuff in summer) but I was able to hustle along after the fit people after a break and that snack, and even they were pretty impressed. And yesterday after a good 8mile hike, the Airborne tasted pretty nice.

Speaking of Coffee Instant Type Steve1989, what's a good instant coffee? I picked up those Starbucks Via Veranda sticks, quite nice, but those are like 90c a pop. Too rich for my blood. I like the individual packet format, good to keep in the truck and stay fresh, but I'd like something a bit cheaper.

I’m a huge coffee nerd and I like aldi’s instant coffee when I’m in a hurry; comes in a jar that I’ve had for about a year and haven’t noticed a decline in freshness. If Trader Joe’s has an instant coffee, that’s probably a bit better. The main thing you want is for it to be arabica beans, not robusta, as the later don’t taste as good and the caffeine will overload you and make you irritable.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Is there a link to the medieval cooking thread/content yet? I’d love to read it

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849384 That?
[/quote]

Yes! Thank you!

• Locked thread