Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteelReserve
May 12, 2018

chitoryu12 posted:

Actually it was this guy.

To be fair, given the time period, French food wasn't all that great.

And unlike in modern times, that foot was not going to get re-attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelReserve
May 12, 2018
Honestly, I don't know why the US military doesn't just completely cheap out and issue out cans of Crisco, bags of flour and oatmeal, salt, and water rations. And maybe a pack of cigarettes.

There were times when I would have preferred that versus eating MRE's.

Moist fried hardtack with rolled oats almost feels like meat when you eat it. The trick is to stop frying it in a pan when it kinda "feels" like a chunk of boneless chicken. Hell, add a (crushed) bouillon cube while mixing it all up, and it would probably fool a lot of people, at least until they were able to get some real food.

Mmmmm... soldier food for the poors. :hist101:

edit: I usually go with a 50/50 ratio of wheat and oats, and enough water to mix it all together, but not enough to make porridge. And I suddenly feel really loving old. That being said, it's cool and hipster to eat mostly vegetarian food, right?

SteelReserve fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 20, 2018

• Locked thread