Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dragan Bender is a loving badass name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Which rapper are they gonna use this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ef8IqEei_4

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

you weren't kidding

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

is this the year that i get my wish of ron baker to the memphis grizzlies

Crazy Ted posted:

Question is: since he's a Quarterman which quarter do you play him in?

yuk yuk yuk

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The Spurs are gonna draft a Dynasty Warriors character from the Wu empire

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Liu Bei was in Shu!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

So Buddy Hield

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

Is a like 6'2" shooting guard who is pretty old for a draft pick.

Brother lemme tell you I scrutinized Buddy Hield with the most powerful metric known to man, and he passed with flying colors and I want him on the Grizzlies roster. That metric? Did He Get Crunk Shooting The Ball On National Television In Primetime, or for short, The Eye Test

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Who am I kidding. Chris Wallace will draft some combo guard with injury history who will bounce from the end of the bench to Iowa and back until one day he just simply...disappears. And for another year, Memphis fans will rest where disappointment and regret collide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGEyqP0744c

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

If he's old he'll slot right in with the rest of the Retirement Bench at 191 Beale St

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

My next pressing concern after my intense personal desire for Buddy Hield is Will The Grizzlies Draft Ron Baker In The Later Rounds

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Technically correct. The best kind of correct.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea/Hield 2016: Shooting We Can Believe In

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

give him to me. i dont give a gently caress im just so god drat tired of drafting athletic and extremely injury prone players who might one day turn out to be good but you'll never know because they rot in iowa

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I want Buddy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I want Buddy Hield!!!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tell me about Caris LeVert. Is he an injury prone athletic tweener

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ButtWolf posted:

Yeah thats who Memphis is drafting, not Buddy.

gently caress!!!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is a bunch of horse manure.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wait he's actually got the injury bug? I thought y'all were just goofin. Ahhhhhh god drat it!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

dejan and I are big fans of Cat Barber and any other player with a job title in place of a given name

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Caris Levert out for the season again.

Sounds like a Grizz pick alright

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

just the sort of nay-saying do-nothing reaction i'd expect from a 55,000 thought-per-day man. I gave myself seven pep-talks while writing this post, my positive thoughts per minute rate (PTPMr) humming a good 14.3% faster than the average hoodlum and you could be like me with the slight addition of n-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine to your diet. Psychology is and always has been an impartial, data-driven hard science which certainly doesn't have a long and gross history as an ethically questionable discipline with a ready-made capacity for abuse and social control as an arbitrarily self-declared authority deciding what constitutes the correct human reaction to environmental stressors and it's ignorant of you to question the validity of such well-intentioned numbers

Christ...my god

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ba-by bo-nis clap clap clapclapclap

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I can't look at Grayson Allen anymore without seeing Ted Cruz.

😈😈😈😈

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doltos posted:

Everything about the guards at Duke make me pissed off. Look at this guy

You ever see a picture and associate it with a noise? I hear the noise "HYUUUUUUUUUUUH" when I look at this picture.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doltos posted:

Whats the noise a person makes when they're getting kicked out of a Chilis for getting too drunk on margaritas?

Oh, I know this one! It's "gently caress you your margs were lovely anyway"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

I like him but he's probably like a back half of the first round guy at best because of the things you mentioned. He's below average athletically by NBA standards, has short arms relative to his size, and doesn't do much offensively outside of the post. I think he can find a place in the league though. He plays his rear end off and rebounds like a motherfucker.

Grizz are gonna draft him

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I have talked myself into Baby Sabonis

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

euphronius posted:

Noel is most likely gone imho. Next year is already his 4th. Okafor will also likely be traded especially if Embiid can play a full season.

So there is plenty of room for BS.

embiid_shooting_while_standing_still_look_at_those_sick_gains_957.jpg

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

euphronius posted:

He's moving now!!!

I really do hope he pans out for y'all.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

But what of all the vines

The NBA doing the opposite of other professional leagues and embracing social media sharing is just more proof that they are the best league on the planet.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

In a weak draft (at least in terms of next tier), prospects with a strong skill that translates and is at a premium in the NBA are always a good bet. This is how I talked myself into Haseem Thabeet.

But yeah, I'd take him. Shooting is a good thing to have and guys like CJ McCollum got knocked for being 6th man combo guard ceiling prospect and Harden was knocked as not athletic.

Please do not use that name without placing it in spoilers, as it is extremely triggering to me. Thank you.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I have talked myself into Tyler Ulis too.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

attackmole posted:

I don't know anything about college bball. Dunno if it's gonna juggle around, but as of right now every simulation I'm running is giving Toronto the 9th pick. Who should I be getting unreasonably excited for and pining for who's gonna be around in that range?

You guys are currently projected to take the big white forward from marquette

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Tim Luwawu is not pulling out of the draft.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ellenson made 29% of his threes, stretch four is only a projection for him. What people seem to like is that he's a good scorer and a great ball handler for his size. He's more like a pre injury David Lee than Kevin Love. Like David Lee, he's probably not quick enough to be a good defender at pf.

Timothy needs to bring his long arms and his sloth like release to Detroit, babaaaay. I've watched him the most out of all the guys in this draft and I really like him.

I've watched more Buddy than anyone else in the draft, and that is 100% my fault. Looking around now, I need to apparently bone up on my Diamond Stone.

e. Well now DX has Denzel Valentine for Memphis. I know that he's got a gap in his choppers so big you could execute cool flight maneuvers in an a An-225 through it.

NickRoweFillea fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 12, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Crazy Ted posted:

I literally saw someone on ESPN a week argue the fact that Simmons chose a "small" school like LSU over Kentucky as reason not to pick him #1 because something something he can't handle the spotlight.

These loving jackasses would have poo poo their pants thirty years ago when high draft picks and All-Americans would sometimes come out of places like Creighton and Bradley and Miami of Ohio.

If you go into your bathroom, turn the lights off, look into the mirror and say "He plays the game the right way" thirteen times Jonathan Givony appears and gives you a draft profile rife with dog whistle racism

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

Thon Maker cleared for the draft

Check this: Mon Thaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

AND THAT SPELLS DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE