Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Having not watched a ton of college ball before the tournament, is Malachi Richardson a viable pick for the Sixers at 24/26? Seems he would fill a scoring need, especially if they take Simmons at 1 (they HAVE to take Simmons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

I didn't watch much college basketball

Please give an irresponsible modern nba comp for Simmons so I can day dream. Tyia.

Magic Johnson. :colbert:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Magic.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Boston would never do this, you'd get a future conditional unless ya'll want some bench filler. You can draft Murray at #3, he's got a nice shot.

If we came out of this draft with Simmons and Murray at the expense of Okafor I'd be happy

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

A front court with Simmons/Biid/Noel with Saric off the bench and Murray in the back court would be fun as gently caress to watch.

Praying to the based god for this.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

The sixers consider Okafor a 4 so.. Idk.

I'm pretty sure that the only big they would consider a 4 (and even then things will get fuzzy on the defensive end) is Embiid.

e: \/ if they think Okafor is a 4 they should ship him (to Phoenix for #4 and whatever else on either side to make that work) and roll Simmons at PG with Noel/Embiid down low.

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 25, 2016

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

iamsosmrt posted:

All of this weird ambiguity about the Sixers bigs is pretty much why they should absolutely try to drive Okafor's value up as much as possible and get a decent trade. Is Phoenix attached to their point guards Knight and Bledsoe? I'm not a huge fan of either, but I sorta remember a rumor about them trying to get rid of one, and I'm assuming Booker is basically untouchable right now. I wouldn't mind a trade of #4 and either of the two pgs for Okafor. That could easily lead to a team similar to Orlando last season with higher upside but also raw as hell.

This is what I would do as well. Get Knight and #4, take Simmons/Murray at 1/4 and roll out.

Knight and Simmons can split ball handling duties, Murray is a shooter, and you still have the defensive anchor bigs

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

All-Star Potential in First 5 Years

Last 4 Draft Classes
Anthony Davis 39%
Nerlens Noel 34%
Marcus Smart 32%
Dion Waiters 30%
Thomas Robinson 29%
Otto Porter 29%
Karl Anthony-Towns 27%
Victor Oladipo 24%
Joel Embiid 24%
Andrew Wiggins 20%

Looks like non sense to me.

Nerlens Noel near the top of a ranking, Jahlil Okafor nowhere to be found?

Did r/sixers make this?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I still think all the smoke behind the Sixers trying to get another top 5 pick is going to amount to something as well.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

CSN Boston reporting that trade talks between the Sixers and Celtics are getting serious with the Sixers' targeting Kris Dunn.

I love this so much

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

I'm so erect right now

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Marc Stein reporting that Sixers "ramping up" efforts to acquire #3, whatever that means, and that it looks like it'll be some version of Noel for #3.

gently caress that.

I'm probably higher on Noel than most, but even so, his game (fast paced transition) meshes better with Simmons than Okafor's (slow, back to the basket post ISOs, needs the ball in his hands), to my untrained eye

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

It doesn't matter because Embiid is going to be starting and he will hit a million pick and pop 3s with Simmons.

e: also if the 76ers trade for number three there is almost no way it's not to draft Dunn.

Again, call me loving stupid but I think Noel and Embiid could coexist on the floor at least in some capacity without being the dumpster fire Noel/Okafor was (and the disaster that I think Okafor/Embiid would be).

I just really think Noel is such a plus defender and crazy athletic for his height that he's who I would want to keep.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Don't trade with Danny Ainge.

This is also true.

It's going to end up being something like Noel, Saric, Lakers 2017 pick and #24 for #3

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So can the Sixers just draft Simmons, not move anyone, and play the opposite of the Warriors with "positionless" big man ball?

Simmons
Embiid
Saric
Okafor
Noel

They could be the Monstars in real life and it would be the best :colbert:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Lakers taking Kris Dunn #2 lol Jay Williams you dummy

If that loving happens the Sixers need to offer the moon to Boston, ROFL

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Did Colangelo stay firm?

Good for him.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Colangelo get on the loving phone with Minnesota RIGHT NOW.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Sixers gonna get Dunn at five or six, this is gonna own

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I was told there would be some Colangelo trades. :geno:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

The sixers are just a 4 away from a decent 1-5

Positionless big man ball with Noel and Embiid as interchangeable 4/5

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Simmons
Korkmaz
Luwawu
Saric
Embiid

Yesssssssszzsssssss

Not enough Noel.

I'd play Saric as 6th man here :boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Sam Hinkie died for all of our sins.

The morning after, I'm very happy with Colangelo's restraint.

Also I'm ecstatic about Timothe Luwawu, especially since it looks like he'll be coming over straight away. I think he could potentially be a good 3 and D wing with the proper coaching.

• Locked thread