Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I tell you the truth: one of you chumps will betray me

It's almost time to post the 2020 draft thread and let me tell you those 9th graders had better get their poo poo together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Get hype yall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_aO2z-s_XA

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

This guy looks pretty interesting: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zhou-Qi-61857/

Been a while since anyone dared to draft a Chinese player.

However, he's 7 foot 2 and loving 209 pounds. I'd figure the CBA would be a pretty good place to use steroids, get on it CBA trainers.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Diamond Stone definitely has the best old school feel, but Dragan Bender also seems like some sort of fantastical hero with the ability to control dragons, so I'm really torn on that.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

you mean the college that has produced such greats as KAWHI LEONARD

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

MKG? I guess it depends on what the cutoff for bigtime is

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Hopefully he tweets a bunch of hateful things about his new teammates

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

swimmin for simmons

down there for labissiere

help me out here, i need a slogan for the rockets this season

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

apparently the Spurs are forecast as drafting the next Yi Jianlian so that's rad

or wait, sometimes he's forecast super high or low in the first round. weird.

he's supposed to be a good jump shooter/shot blocker (at least for china) so comparing him to jianlian is a little mean.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Was Yi bad? I thought it was just injuries that took him out.

He was pretty bad, yeah. He was supposed to be a post scorer but wasn't good at that in the NBA. He got hurt but never really showed anything before the injuries IMO

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If I was gonna play russian roulette and draft a CBA player the last thing I'd wanna do is leave him over there. Maybe work out some Huestis-type deal where he plays in the D-League for a year.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

That's pretty cool man, keep the posts comin. Someone should buy you a red title text that says ask me about cool stuff which I am knowledgeable about.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Doltos posted:

On the flip side you must be 28 or older to be a good Euro rookie

That's not true, Luis Scola was a good rookie back when he was a young stallion at age 27

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/Pac12Networks/status/691746569826230273

I'm sold on this guy based on this one play, I don't care that Jaylen sounds like something Sarah Palin would name her kid

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

I want Buddy Hield!!!!!

And I want a puppy

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Alex Poythress is going to leave Kentucky with a degree, he might get a masters before he's done

Division I student-athlete with remaining eligibility may continue participating in athletics while enrolled in graduate classes.

To compete while in graduate school, a student-athlete must be within five calendar years of his or her initial enrollment in college. Student-athletes who have exhausted their five-year window for competition, but who have lost more than one season of competition due to injury, can apply for a waiver to continue playing.

Can the people who do homework for Kentucky athletes handle a dissertation?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I can't believe that Sports Aptitude poo poo, clearly they don't know what they're talking about. Will Barton has persevered because he is a Capricorn, therefore ambitious and driven to succeed.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

EvanTH posted:

the downside is that you aren't the coolest motherfucker on a college campus getting laid constantly

Making 25k puts you in the top 10% of some Dleague cities. If the Vipers score over 100 they get free tacos at taco Palenque talk about pussy magnet

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

nba draft salad:
zhou qi ni
ivan kohl rabbi
marquese waterchriss
petr corn elie
aj ham mons

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Steven Adams is half Tongan so I would argue he is exempt from white person draft rules anyway

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

y'all ready for another installment of tall guy shooting 3s in an empty gym?? because here's Skal Labissiere https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/730567036078833665/video/1

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Cat Barber should gay marry Thon Maker and become Cat Maker. He's also very fast and fun to watch but that's less important

or they could take eachother's names and become he could be Cat Barber-Maker

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

as a fellow short mans I will root for him whereever he goes.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Diamond Stone #1 name prospect for 2016

"Diamond Stoned" is also a good name for his own line of marijuana. we can sell it alongside Generational Talent.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

10 years younger and 5 pounds lighter

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Nash was doing fine until he went to LA where he promptly disintegrated

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Maybe they didn't game the measurements

Maybe PEDs are just getting a lot better :colbert:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Adun posted:

It's kind of crazy that it's been more than two years since Joel Embiid has played in a basketball game.

Has there been anything comparable for a successful NBA player?

I can't think of two years, but Blake Griffin skipped his first one and ended up okay.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

quote:

Bentilís work ethics were those of a hungry lion ready to feast on a gifted antelope.

Not only did this sentence sell me on this guy but hire this dude to do draft reports in the USA please

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

the colangelos are in charge now so i'm just going to assume all the stupid stuff is 100% true

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

nope, just Lithuanian

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I'm not sure if stars is the right word but I do feel like smarter teams generally draft upperclassmen later in the draft. Not because more college seasons is the equivalent of spending that same amount of time in the NBA, but because they're more likely to get best value out of the rookie contract

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, I don't think there was really ever much doubt about those guys

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

looking at the brightside there's a lot of potential there for old testament references, which is good since isaiah canaan ain't done poo poo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Guys I haven't read poo poo about the draft this year and this thread is basically the adults from Charlie Brown talking to me, who is my second round savior

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

DX has the Rockets taking both these guys

Is Morey just gonna put em in a room with Sam Dekker and a sharpened stick and sign the one who emerges alive?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Thanks for the replies gang

Sir_Charles posted:

Thon Maker or Zhou Qi maybe?

I'd be down with either of them if they go down that far. At #37 I'd rather have someone I can pretend is going to be really good than another semi-competent role player. Then I can get mad at D'Antoni for not playing the 7 foot tall, 180 pound guy who hasn't even played NCAA-level competition

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 21, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I've built myself up on Zhou Qi and am now going to be extremely disappointed when he goes before the Rockets pick or Morey drafts a competent upperclassman instead. Take your creepy little kid arms and swing for the fences Daryl

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The thing I'm most interested about in Sabonis is whether he ends up better than his surrogate brother Donatas Motiejunas, who pulls off the Sabonis hook shot pretty well but doesn't really do anything else he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

here's the spoiler stream btw

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/vertical-live-nba-draft-show-175847648.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

e: oops this is just some kind of explanation. hit up wojs twitter for the link in a second i guess

e2: here it is http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/draft/

• Locked thread