Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Yea, at least since she got those noise reducing earphones, our niece now loves hockey so much she wants to take her friends to a game for her birthday. So at least someone is happy.

Oh man, that's awesome. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Marlies won 4-0 today and continue to do terrible, terrible things to the AHL.

https://twitter.com/jeffveillette/status/692424067417280512

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

The Marlies won 4-0 today and continue to do terrible, terrible things to the AHL.

https://twitter.com/jeffveillette/status/692424067417280512

jesus :staredog:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
That's some nice scheduling they've got going on in this wacky new AHL. The Marlies have played 45 games. Most everyone else has played 40, 41, or 42, and the California teams have played 35, 37, or 38.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ElwoodCuse posted:

That's some nice scheduling they've got going on in this wacky new AHL. The Marlies have played 45 games. Most everyone else has played 40, 41, or 42, and the California teams have played 35, 37, or 38.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I brought it up at the beginning of the season, but it is horribly unbalanced.

It's common knowledge that the California teams play less games total than everybody else. They also only make 2 trips east of the Central Timezone all year. Also, teams play other teams in their division and other teams either 12, 8, or 4 times. Whereas, teams do not play over half of the rest of the league at all. For example, here is the Lake Erie Monsters' breakdown --

Grand Rapids - 12 games
Charlotte - 8
Chicago - 8
Iowa - 8
Manitoba - 8
Milwaukee - 8
Rockford - 8
Rochester - 4
San Antonio - 4
Texas - 4
Toronto - 4

Teams they don't play:

Albany Devils
Bakersfield Condors
Binghamton Senators
Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Hartford Wolf Pack
Hershey Bears
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Ontario Reign
Portland Pirates
Providence Bruins
San Diego Gulls
San Jose Barracuda
Springfield Falcons
St. John's IceCaps
Stockton Heat
Syracuse Crunch
Utica Comets
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Just stopping in to comment on Cannone's hat trick at the AHL all star game.

Cannone good, wolves good.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/KHLNewsEN/status/694567614748725248

russian teenager got hit with a pick to the throat hard enough that it damaged his carotid artery, broke bones, put him into cardiac arrest and a coma he never came out of :rip:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh god that's horrible :(

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

That's terrible.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Erie , with only 7 regulation losses, has already claimed a playoff spot in the OHL. Team is stacked like crazy and still will find a way to lose to London.

Barrie and Kingston are fighting for top of the bad conference. Both will also find a way to make me sad in the playoffs.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It always baffles me in juniors when teams with NHL stars on it lose to teams with what, overagers?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

It always baffles me in juniors when teams with NHL stars on it lose to teams with what, overagers?

At the Jan. 30th game between the Wolves and Icehogs it seems like half the crowd came to pretend that the Icehogs were actually the blackhawks, and then the other half were there specifically to yell disparaging comments at Bickell.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
http://espn.go.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/14711190/top-30-nhl-draft-prospects-midseason-update-nhl

New Pronman rankings. I'll paraphrase any profiles you want. He writes that right now that the #1 pick is looking to be average-above average for the slot, Matthews and Laine are pretty equal (comparing it to Hall-Seguin), Puljujarvi is clear 3rd, and then 4-10 are pretty close.

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. Puljujarvi
4. Clayton Keller
5. Matthew Tkachuk
6. Alex Nylander
7. Jakob Chychrun
8. Olli Juolevi
9. Pierre-Luc Dubois
10. Dante Fabbro
11. Mike McLeod
12. Alex deBrincat
13. Tyson Jost
14. Kieffer Bellows
15. German Rubstov
16. Jake Bean
17. Julien Gauthier
18. Rasmus Asplund
19. Luke Kunin
20. Tyler Benson
21. Max Jones
22. Mikhail Sergachev
23. Vitaly Abramov
24. Charles McAvoy
25. Kale Clague
26. Chad Krys
27. Samuel Girard
28. Logan Brown
29. Sam Steel
30. Riley Tufte

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

29. Sam Steel

this a good rear end name right here

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

NomChompsky posted:

At the Jan. 30th game between the Wolves and Icehogs it seems like half the crowd came to pretend that the Icehogs were actually the blackhawks, and then the other half were there specifically to yell disparaging comments at Bickell.

I got the last weekend of the month off so I'm gonna go to the Milwaukee/Chicago back to back. Since I've only been to concerts at Rosemont, any recommendations on where to sit?

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm operating a broadcast of the Vees game tomorrow so I'm pretty excited to see Jost and Fabbro play.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

3 CHECKING LINE FORWARDS in the top 10? :getin:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Trevor Murphy, a defenceman, had a hat trick playing forward against Bakersfield tonight in Milwaukee's 7-3 dismantling of the Condors.

The best part though is Aaron Sims, Milwaukee's radio guy, used the phrase "Everything's coming up Millhouse!" after it happened. :allears:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Trevor Murphy, a defenceman, had a hat trick playing forward against Bakersfield tonight in Milwaukee's 7-3 dismantling of the Condors.

The best part though is Aaron Sims, Milwaukee's radio guy, used the phrase "Everything's coming up Millhouse!" after it happened. :allears:

ahahahaha that 100% owns

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

It is a true tragedy of hockey that Jonathan Milhouse never made it past the ECHL

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Can anyone provide me with a quick and dirty Top 10 for goalie prospects right now? Having a discussion with a friend. I'm guessing Mackenzie Blackwood is pretty much the top guy but looking for under-20..

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Daniel "Darth" Vladar and Callum Booth are the only 2 I can think of to be honest. Matej something had a lot of hype but I havnt heard a peep since the draft about him.

e: I get to see a lot of Colts games and I cant even begin to tell you how mad it makes me that NJ drafted Blackwood. :mad:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Thatcher Demko? Everyone seems to think he's cool. 20 now though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Scaramouche posted:

Thatcher Demko? Everyone seems to think he's cool. 20 now though.

Yeah Thatcher Demko is probably the best non-pro goaltending prospect at the moment. MacKenzie Blackwood, Ilya Samsonov, Mason McDonald, and Alex Nedeljkovic are all up there too. Still, it's such a difficult position to project that you can't really make any sweeping claims at this time. AHL pedigree is far more predictive of NHL success than junior/college numbers.

Of that list all but Demko are under-20. Samsonov is 97 born, the rest are 96 and will turn 20 at some point this year.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/ManitobaMoose/status/696814072868835328

:yeah:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Old Moose Jerseys own

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yessssss

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Champions Hockey League final between Kärpät and Frölunda is being played right now.

Here's a stream: http://streamking.cc/player?channel=premiersport

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/FlintFirebirds/status/696832324483174400

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://twitter.com/tommydaniels99/status/697627581474942976

In case you were curious how the Aces/Americans game is ending up tonight. :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that goalie picture is amazing

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fun night tonight working the clock for the Lake Erie Monsters game. Late in the 3rd, the Monsters score 3 shorthanded goals on the same PK in just over 1 minute, including an "awarded" goal to Manny Malhotra after he was mauled while chasing down a loose puck with an empty net.

Doctor Butts may have had a psychotic breakdown working LeagueStat during all of this. I can neither confirm nor deny.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
After the two points in his game last night Mikko Rantanen finally passed Nylander in scoring and now sits 7th in points, with 41 in 31 games played. At the rate he's scoring lately if Colorado doesn't call him up he's got a real chance of finishing tops in the league in his rookie season.

Colorado's embarrassment of riches at forward is almost as bad as Edmonton's.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Colts win 7-6 tonight to go on a 10 game point streak (9-0-0-1) and catch up to Kingston at the top of the East. They also took another 6 penalties to increase their league leading PIM over the dirty shameful London Knights and are now in second place for total GF, behind said cheating London team.

This team is either going to tear through the East in the playoffs or exit hilariously in the first round when penalties cost them every game. :getin:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hockles posted:

Fun night tonight working the clock for the Lake Erie Monsters game. Late in the 3rd, the Monsters score 3 shorthanded goals on the same PK in just over 1 minute, including an "awarded" goal to Manny Malhotra after he was mauled while chasing down a loose puck with an empty net.

Doctor Butts may have had a psychotic breakdown working LeagueStat during all of this. I can neither confirm nor deny.

That was a rough one, what made it difficult was the goalie on/off.

But at least I had a few laughs in the periods before that.

Coach Bednar, in a Pre-Game interview about Tuesday Night's 1 for 7 Power Play Performance posted:

I was really pleased with how our Power Play has been going

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The gf got me tickets to the Kitchener Rangers/Flint Firebirds game tonight. I was planning on focusing on Adam Mascherin and Jeremy Bracco. Anyone else I should keep an eye on? I don't think there are any top prospects on either team this year.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

So, uh, Michael Leighton mysteriously just left the Admirals/IceHogs game. He didn't seem injured at all so who the gently caress knows?

e: guess it was an equipment issue, but it seemed odd since Rockford's coaching staff chased after him into the locker room.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 13, 2016

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Linesmen in the Q are terrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wizw7_53w5k

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
haha, the one announcer has the most east coast accent ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU