Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

New thread, good OP, and praises sung of radio broadcasts.

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The OHL's Flint Firebirds were down 3-1 to reigning Memorial champ Oshawa and came back to beat them. Their owner fired all the coaches immediately after the game because his son was on the team and he thought he wasn't getting enough playing time. The other players, including the owner's son, responded by going to his office, tossing their jerseys on the floor, and quitting.

:psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :stare: that game had to be fun as gently caress

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The AHL sees your new NHL ASG format bet, and jumps onto the table to shove all their chips into the middle with their cock

fits posted:

not to be outdone, ahl is also going wild with the all star game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye beat Komets on 8-bit night 6-4 :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pictures of the Mario/Koopa themed jerseys in action.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

checksin posted:

why on earth is this not their normal kit

loving seriously

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Schlesische posted:

The best one is the Dale Weise one.
For those of you who are lazy:

hahahahaha that's a top notch heel move

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Speaking of teddy bear toss, Flyers prospect Radel Fazleev did a loving moonwalk on the way back to the bench after he scored the toss goal last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJyNDoOLjRg

Radel Fazleev owns.

that is a pro as gently caress celebration

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Rotenberg said that the new team will be financed by Russian and Chinese businesses and that the project includes an academy staffed by “several children’s coaches” sent by the KHL to develop players. There is also support from the Chinese government, which is seeking to expand hockey in time for the Olympics, he added.

Oh man those books are going to have so much dirty money going through them :munch:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that rules :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hey, former walleye Martin Frk

4 shots, 1 goal, 27 PIM! The minor leagues! :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Walleye are doing a Don Cherry jersey night

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That's awful, hope her rehab goes well

Scary news out of the AHL too

GR Griffins posted:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Grand Rapids Griffins forward Alden Hirschfeld suffered a medical incident on the team's bench with 6:19 remaining in the second period of tonight's game against the Milwaukee Admirals at Van Andel Arena. After being attended to by paramedics and Griffins medical and training staffs, he was transported to a local hospital in stable condition for further evaluation. More information will be made available as warranted.

The game was temporarily suspended with the Griffins leading 4-1. The teams went to their locker rooms while the ice was resurfaced, and play recently resumed with 6:19 remaining in the second period.

** UPDATE as of 10 p.m. **

Alden suffered a seizure during the game but is now resting with his family at the hospital. The Griffins appreciate the overwhelming show of support expressed by fans and colleagues throughout the hockey world.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fits posted:

also khl announced their all star rosters

why jokerit seems to be the preferred destination of oilers flunkouts remains unknown.

Because who wouldn't want to don that slick rear end sweater?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

PETR MRAZEK BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT TOMORROW IN TOLEDO :bubblewoop:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye beat Evansville 5-1 in front of a packed house. Final minute of game play saw 36 minutes of penalties. 4 fighting majors.

The minor leagues! :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Toledo Walleye, who are Cool and Good, are leading their division by 14 points after smoking Evansville on Friday night and holding on against Wheeling. They've now won 5 straight.

Go Fish :coolfish:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I was at tonight's walleye "Don Cherry Jersey Night". They were every bit as wonderfully loud in person as they seem here.

They were auctioning them off after the game for charity, and I thought about putting in for one, but all the bidding started at $500 :signings:

So instead I got this rad rear end shirt

:radcat:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

The Marlies won 4-0 today and continue to do terrible, terrible things to the AHL.

https://twitter.com/jeffveillette/status/692424067417280512

jesus :staredog:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh god that's horrible :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

29. Sam Steel

this a good rear end name right here

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Trevor Murphy, a defenceman, had a hat trick playing forward against Bakersfield tonight in Milwaukee's 7-3 dismantling of the Condors.

The best part though is Aaron Sims, Milwaukee's radio guy, used the phrase "Everything's coming up Millhouse!" after it happened. :allears:

ahahahaha that 100% owns

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hell yessssss

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that goalie picture is amazing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25484116

Oh my god Jeff Lerg :vince:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

:siren: BJORKSTRAND :siren:

That was worth waiting 58 minutes for.

:siren: AND RAMAGE :siren:

e- And the Rampage pull within one. :suspense:

e2- JESUS loving CHRIST THE RAMPAGE TIED IT :dogbutton:

All this is within the last two minutes of Rampage/Monsters.

e3- That guy threw his head back when Thiessen got him like he'd been loving shot. :laffo:

I watched it on TV last night, goddamn that game owned. Barons sweaters looked awesome too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Toledo will wear 3 "spreading infection" jerseys in the same game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

That's a pretty cool idea, and a great away to triple the amount of donations for auctioning off the jerseys.

I don't know if they'll auction the 1st period's jerseys (they're the standard whites, but maybe they'll still auction as game-worn), and I'm 100% sick of zombie stuff but yeah it's a really clever idea.

The Don Cherry jerseys raised something like $21,000 when they auctioned those.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

At the WBS Pens game and Carter Rowney just got a hat trick at the end of the second. First time I've seen a hat trick in person.

Edit: here's the shorthanded hat trick goal. https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/706615104775831552?s=09

getting a hat trick on a short handed goal is rad as gently caress

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grand Rapids' Alden Hirschfeld will undergo brain surgery to remove "a tangle of arteries, muscles, and veins" that are causing his seizures.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye loset last night but also clinched a playoff spot with Atlanta losing to Greenville :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hockles posted:

You may have seen me on TV. I was the guy working the clock down between the penalty boxes tonight. That was not a fun 3rd period to keep track of.

Also, #22 Labrie on Rockford got a Match penalty, which I am pretty sure was for kicking at #77 Anderson (LEM) after the fight was broken up.

e: http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1015657

Not sure if this is correct or not, because the website that is used to update all this broke after the game ended.

God bless the minor leagues :allears:

I remember walking out of a Walleye game after a near line brawl broke out with 20 seconds left. PA guy giving the standard announcements "shots on goal for the 3rd Period, Toledo had 12 for a game total of..' and so on and so forth. Then...

"Penalty minutes are incomplete, they're still being added up."

Perfect.

E: It was against Evansville. Look at this great poo poo

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 26, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think STO just got bought by the Fox Sports network too. It's basically FS-Ohio2 now, or is about to be.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SONOFABITCH that was wonderful programming :argh:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye lock up the ECHL north division :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Lake Erie clinches thanks to a win and help (I don't know what the scenarios were & am too tired to look).

Might have to take a road trip to Cleveland...

please knock out GR quickly so they don't call up any of toledo's guys, thanks

E: Today's clinching scenarios in the AHL

quote:

Hershey clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a point at Providence

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a win vs. Portland

Utica clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a regulation win vs. Syracuse AND a Rochester loss (reg/OT/SO) vs. Grand Rapids

Grand Rapids clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a win at Rochester

San Diego clinches a playoff berth on Sunday with:
(a) a win vs. Stockton

Toronto clinches the North Division title on Sunday with:
(a) an Albany regulation loss vs. Binghamton

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 3, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

toledo beat reading last night to even the series at 1-1

go fish, bitch :coolfish:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Oh, well never mind me then!

You're not alone, I was confused as gently caress about this for the longest time :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Walleye tie the series back up at 2 :coolfish:

• Locked thread