Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Mage, you in Wilkes-Barre? My family has had season tickets for the entire baby pens existence. I'm more of a Dennis Bonvie and Toby Petersen OG though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Another barnburner: Wilkes-Barre trailed Hartford 5-1 after 1, won 7-6 in overtime. 11 straight.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mage_Boy posted:

because Bears fans are insufferable

One of my favorite hockey things ever was going to Hershey to watch the Penguins clinch the 2001 conference title. We really took over that building, it was great.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

toe knee hand posted:

The worst thing about teddy bear tosses is when the visiting goalie posts a shutout. :ohdear:

Wait, there are teams that don't just do this at intermission?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

cenotaph posted:

I accidentally hit an old man wearing a Tangradi jersey in the back of the head with a beanie baby at the WBS Penguins teddy bear toss.

My mom would buy you a soda, she hated Tangradi the whole time he was in Wilkes-Barre :laugh:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

well, that's one way to get that women's league off the ground

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

fits posted:

ahl all star rob schremp

That's basically his career in a nutshell

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

That's some nice scheduling they've got going on in this wacky new AHL. The Marlies have played 45 games. Most everyone else has played 40, 41, or 42, and the California teams have played 35, 37, or 38.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It always baffles me in juniors when teams with NHL stars on it lose to teams with what, overagers?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mage_Boy posted:

2nd OT game in the WBS/Providence fame. WBS wins in OT twice. Daniel Sprong got two goals in his second game including the gwg.

It's awesome they won those two games especially with so many guys being needed in Pittsburgh.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

It would be really nice if the AHL could sort things out and keep teams put for a while, I can barely keep up. Thank god the Penguins own the Wilkes-Barre team.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Portland also spent a ton of public money upgrading the arena recently and then signed the Pirates to a toothless lease with essentially no penalties for breaking it

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I went to a baby pens playoff game at the Flyers arena and it sucked having a couple thousand people there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Every year it seems like we get "why are AHL playoff games empty" articles and those ticket prices explain a lot. My parents don't always keep their Wilkes Barre tickets either, sometimes they just buy individual games.

• Locked thread