Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Those are p. adorbs

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Too many arms. Not enough turkey.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

AlternateNu posted:

Too many arms. Not enough turkey.

maybe it's foreshadowing that she loses both arms.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Raven seems interesting.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Was it just me, or was the dialogue in ep 4 actually...good?

And yeah, now I'm actually interested in what the gently caress Yang/Ruby's mom is up to.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Looks like they've also gotten better at weaving character, plot and world building into their narrative.

Better late than never really. Really liked the Qrow in a skirt story, matched up with the food fight antics and cemented school life as being, well, school life. :kimchi:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Huh the whole scene with Raven and Qrow was actually pretty good.

I do like how they are getting a little better with showing, not telling. Especially compared to the past when they had the fast talking professor girl just straight up ask each girl "why are you fighting."

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 28, 2016

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
We're going to get introduced to an entire order of renegade bird knights, aren't we? And said animal-themed knights are going to end up fighting a group of actual animal warrior terrorists.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

AlternateNu posted:

We're going to get introduced to an entire order of renegade bird knights, aren't we? And said animal-themed knights are going to end up fighting a group of actual animal warrior terrorists.

Nah I'm pretty sure Raven is the leader of the bandits that sacked the town team RNGR were at in the last episode. Raven chose leading them over raising her daughter because she thinks that family is more important than the one she made at Beacon. Raven and Qrow were born within the bandit tribe, ran away when they were young to go to Beacon and Raven returned when they needed her but Qrow didn't is my guess.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure Raven is the leader of the bandits that sacked the town team RNGR were at in the last episode. Raven chose leading them over raising her daughter because she thinks that family is more important than the one she made at Beacon. Raven and Qrow were born within the bandit tribe, ran away when they were young to go to Beacon and Raven returned when they needed her but Qrow didn't is my guess.

Also that same tribe may or may not have something to do with Nora and Ren as in "made them orphans". Which I imagine will make future encounters between them and the long-lost mother of one of their friends a bit awkward.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Lord_Magmar posted:

It's interesting because it can be another take as to why Qrow seems like the whole bitter cynical archetype, but instead of "Because he's seen poo poo" it's just that his tribe raises him with that pole up his rear end but he's actually the more chill and level headed of the two.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://twitter.com/MPHadwin/status/806554206790418433

Sony EU managed to gently caress up and released the RWBY game on ps4 so early it was still an incomplete build.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Surprised nobody's commented on the hints going around from RWBY staff about an arcsys fighting game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be cool but that poo poo's not happening

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I would play the poo poo out of it but there's no way in hell that Arcsys would look at RWBY and think "yes this is a franchise that will make us more money than another Blazblue will".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbh, the dudes at ArcSys probably love Rwby (There are very blatant palette swaps in Central fiction) that if the money was there as much as the money for Persona was, they'd probably fuckin do it. Rwby has a cult following in Japan, but I highly doubt you'd see an ArcSys fighter for it as much as I want to think that's real.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The GIG posted:

https://twitter.com/MPHadwin/status/806554206790418433

Sony EU managed to gently caress up and released the RWBY game on ps4 so early it was still an incomplete build.

The first hint should have been a game coming out in Europe.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

blastron posted:

I would play the poo poo out of it but there's no way in hell that Arcsys would look at RWBY and think "yes this is a franchise that will make us more money than another Blazblue will".

You can only release so many Blazblues in a given amount of time if you want people to buy them, though. Filling in the time between them with a RWBY fighter wouldn't actually be a half bad idea. It may not be as popular as Persona 4 was, but I think you sorely underestimate its popularity among high school anime club weebs and the like. Hell, the Spacebattles, Tvtropes, and Tumblr crowds alone make up a pretty large market share and that's the exact target audience.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Didn't one of the head guys on the BlazBlue team say once that, if he ever made a game based on an existing property rather than an original idea, he'd want it to be RWBY? I'm pretty sure that happened.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I hope that sad music when crow showed up wasn't a death knell...

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Sun Wukong is still awesome.

Needs more shotgun-chucks though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DanielCross posted:

Didn't one of the head guys on the BlazBlue team say once that, if he ever made a game based on an existing property rather than an original idea, he'd want it to be RWBY? I'm pretty sure that happened.

It's real. http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/21/arc-system-works-and-its-fighting-game-legacy-its-all-about-the-cool/#378e2c493143

quote:

“If I were to make a game based on something that wasn't a complete original, which is what I have done in the past, it would be based on the intellectual property of RWBY. So each girl has their own kind of color, theme that they are associated with and the original creator has sadly passed away. If we were to ever make a fighting game of this, I would want to really spearhead that if possible.”

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So yeah, the latest episode I was shocked when it ended, I was like, "Already?" I'm not sure I remember a RWBY episode that did that for me, Miles is on his A-Game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I admit, Tyrian being a faunus actually surprised me.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Honestly was expecting he'd be part-hyena, somehow.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Turns out I've been a first member for the last 18 months and I never knew it because it was on a different account. :v:

So yeah this season keeps surprising me now with how much I keep wanting to see more. The quality of everything is just so much better.

Poor Weiss. She grew as a character more than she realizes and it's going to cause her all sorts of problems.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Honestly was expecting he'd be part-hyena, somehow.

That probably would have made more sense, not that what happened wasn't great..

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like there's a non trivial chance Miles really liked Beast Wars as a kid. Its loving bullshit how Skorponok died.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I feel like there's a non trivial chance Miles really liked Beast Wars as a kid. Its loving bullshit how Skorponok died.

Joan confirmed waspinator. Only not as cool. What was the scorpion with a cobra tail and a cowboy accent's name?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sazabi posted:

Joan confirmed waspinator. Only not as cool. What was the scorpion with a cobra tail and a cowboy accent's name?

Quickstrike.

On a side note, Transformers Prime I really felt did a good job evoking the best aspects of Beast Wars while still being the Gen 1 transformers.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
That ArcSys stuff depresses me cuz I'd hope the guys who brought Guilty Gear would be much cooler than that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those dudes aren't any cooler than your typical game devs in Japan, Daisuke himself is a giant fuckin nerd for all sorts of goofy poo poo.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea I say that and then my brain goes "Oh wait everything in Guilty Gear is a rock and roll reference"

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Told my wife this last night when she asked if I saw the episode and got a pillow thrown at me. Calling it now, Qrow is gonna die.

Edit: Fixed it.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 29, 2016

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Good, we don't actually know anyone named that in the series. ;)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

God damnit, don't do this to me, I really like Qrow

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Tis but a scratch.

Also hot dang the dialog :stare:

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Well...

He did say his semblance is to cause misfortune in others. Ruby loves her drunkle. Ergo...

Like the Schnee Summoning Specialty, I'm guessing this means that the Branwen Birdification Bonus is a non-semblance family trait. Yang's gonna be a Skarmory Yang is not going to be a Skarmory, or any other kind of bird. Though a sulfur-crested cockatoo with a metal wing would be cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Nice, an extra long World of Remnant.

• Locked thread