Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So how long is it gonna take for us to find out that, no poo poo, Ozpin is the mortal reincarnation of one of the brothers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also, calling it now: they finally get to the city they've been trekking around the world for... And it turns out the headmaster of the academy is the evil doctor guy from the first episode of the season.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Also, calling it now: they finally get to the city they've been trekking around the world for... And it turns out the headmaster of the academy is the evil doctor guy from the first episode of the season.

Nah, he's doing atlas stuff they are heading to mistral. Big bulky dude might show up with Blake's stuff

Regalingualius posted:

So how long is it gonna take for us to find out that, no poo poo, Ozpin is the mortal reincarnation of one of the brothers?

I Kinda hope not, I'm rooting for Ozpin to at least be kinda a dick

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I don't know about the other consoles but RWBY Grimm Eclipse is out on Xbox One now.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I believe it's only Xbox currently as the console version is still beta

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

It's out on the UK PS4 store

EDIT: Bundled with Team JNPR

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Last episode had like, some of the best animation so far RWBY has ever had.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Last week's world of Remnant did make me wish we were watching the story of that period of time, it seemed interesting.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

But it also had creepy child Ren + Nora. Seriously, they just massively tripped the uncanny valley to me.

Also, what was even the significance of that last scene?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

But it also had creepy child Ren + Nora. Seriously, they just massively tripped the uncanny valley to me.

Also, what was even the significance of that last scene?

As in the last one with grown up Ren/nora?

It was the lair of that Mounted Grimm that blew up their village.

With them as children?

Showing what Ren's semblance is + why they are so close I guess?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

This season's animation has drastically improved, guess that's what happens when you use an actual animation program and not loving poser.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

On the other hand, most of the aesthetics of the series are severely lacking in amateur charm now, so everything just looks like a cheap Dreamworks cartoon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Stormgale posted:

As in the last one with grown up Ren/nora?

It was the lair of that Mounted Grimm that blew up their village.

With them as children?

Showing what Ren's semblance is + why they are so close I guess?

Oh, nah, I was being a derp and was wondering why the final shot was just panning over some random village- I'd been expecting, say, a revelation that the entire countryside before them was all Grimm-ified.

Monaghan posted:

This season's animation has drastically improved, guess that's what happens when you use an actual animation program and not loving poser.

Ever think they'll go back and do "remakes" of the first few seasons?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Ever think they'll go back and do "remakes" of the first few seasons?

It'd be nice, but I don't think it's going to ever happen. Too much work for too little gain on their part.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
I could see it being an IndieGoGo thing they do.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Oh, nah, I was being a derp and was wondering why the final shot was just panning over some random village- I'd been expecting, say, a revelation that the entire countryside before them was all Grimm-ified.

I thought that was the village Ruby and Jaune are in

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I thought that was the village Ruby and Jaune are in

Guess we'll find out in two weeks when they plug in yet another of those "World of Remnant" vids I still haven't been assed to watch. :v:

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I was re-watching Volume 1 and in Chapter 3 when Ruby and Yang introduce themselves to Blake she is reading a book and she tells them: "It's about a man with two souls, each fighting for control over his body."
That is a crazy piece of foreshadowing for what is happening this season with Ozpin/Oscar.

Also, was the implication at the end of the last chapter that the mounted Grimm thing (the subtitles call it a Nuckalavee Grimm, which is a creepy-rear end Norse centaur-ish demon) was collecting trophies from warriors and villages?
And I am assuming that Ren's semblance is a kinda of camouflage ability?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

King of Foolians posted:

In a sense, but it seems more that it calms/deadens emotions which, since Grimm are attracted to strong negative emotions, conceals you from them so long as they're not actually looking at you. If you can instinctively feel negative emotions, no real reason to look under that object over there if there's none of them there.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

King of Foolians posted:

I was re-watching Volume 1 and in Chapter 3 when Ruby and Yang introduce themselves to Blake she is reading a book and she tells them: "It's about a man with two souls, each fighting for control over his body."
That is a crazy piece of foreshadowing for what is happening this season with Ozpin/Oscar.

Also, was the implication at the end of the last chapter that the mounted Grimm thing (the subtitles call it a Nuckalavee Grimm, which is a creepy-rear end Norse centaur-ish demon) was collecting trophies from warriors and villages?
Now if only they had done that for the Four Maidens :v:

That's certainly a take on that scene for the Nuckalavee though it could also be that the cave is simply it's lair and where it chills out and sheds all of the weapons that people have used to try and kill it over the years.

Lord Koth posted:

In a sense, but it seems more that it calms/deadens emotions which, since Grimm are attracted to strong negative emotions, conceals you from them so long as they're not actually looking at you. If you can instinctively feel negative emotions, no real reason to look under that object over there if there's none of them there.
The greyscale implies that there's more to it but it's a pretty good semblance for avoiding Grimm. My question is why hasn't anyone/he talked about it before?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It doesn't strike me as being all that strong in comparison to some others we've seen but who knows maybe it has upgrades.

Shiiiiit, this episode was good. Season 4 is a massive step up.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

The greyscale implies that there's more to it but it's a pretty good semblance for avoiding Grimm. My question is why hasn't anyone/he talked about it before?

His semblance also camouflages his Semblance obviously

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
new plushie released

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Malloc Voidstar posted:

new plushie released

Comments on the store page are great though. "Is this fire resistant?"

Also interesting end to the season I love that once again Ozpins plans are going to go out the window due to Salem getting to the Headmaster of Haven. The narrative this season felt a lot cleaner and all the pieces are setting up to get the band back together next season. Unless Yang is going to her mom instead of to Haven

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,what is the general thread opinion of this season? I personally liked it,but Spacebattles has been whining up a storm (as usual) about...pretty much every little Goddamn thing. I would link it, but that way lies madness. Unless someone actually wants to gaze into the abyss of autism and stupidity,then I will gladly link it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jaune has way too much screentime this season and is overall way too important when he should have been dropped off a cliff as early as volume 1.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I felt that it was an overall improvement, with the only downside being that RWBY's lost some of the 'amateur charm' it had in the earlier seasons.

The story beats had time to develop properly and the animation was a giant step above what had already been done (THOSE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS :allears:)

Kind of surprised the season ended where it did but it makes perfect thematic sense. The Nucklevee fight wasn't very climactic but that's probably my brain expecting another Fall of Beacon style climax.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

Jaune has way too much screentime this season and is overall way too important when he should have been dropped off a cliff as early as volume 1.

Yeah,that's pretty much the only complaint on Spacebattle that I agree with. The rest of their nitpicks are the spergiest poo poo imaginable.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

VolticSurge posted:

So,what is the general thread opinion of this season? I personally liked it,but Spacebattles has been whining up a storm (as usual) about...pretty much every little Goddamn thing. I would link it, but that way lies madness. Unless someone actually wants to gaze into the abyss of autism and stupidity,then I will gladly link it.

When in Rome, :justpost:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Bee posted:

When in Rome, :justpost:

Don't say I didn't warn you. This is roughly where I jumped in,because it was post-finale. It gets really :spergin: from that point onward.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 18, 2017

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I suppose it felt like almost everything kinda got wrapped up without any particular hardships for the protags after everything was said and done? I mean, poo poo, I was expecting Ed Qrow to die from either joining in the final battle at a particularly dangerous moment, or succumbing to his wounds. Sure, they don't know they're now in the viper's den yet, but aside from that, they didn't really lose anything for making the same sort of short-sighted decision that got Pyrrha killed the previous season.

Aside from that... Eh, it was okay, I guess? Definitely had some fun stuff like the fight with Tyrian, and I think it's probably for the better that it stopped putting a focus on school-life drama like in the earlier seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like Season 4 has given us a solid fantasy adventure romp with promises of exciting things to come; like I legitimately like the show now as being more or less worth watching on its own merits. Seasons 1-3 had their high points but in retrospect I watched it mainly because it was an RT production by Monty and saw it as a higher production value version of Haloid or his other earlier works.

• Locked thread