Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Mr Teatime posted:

Bit of an obscure question, the legion praevian model comes with 3 extra controller bits that the instructions tell you to glue onto your vorax/castellax but like….where? The vorax is all curves and I have no idea where they have in mind.

Where ever you want baby. Honestly if you can't find a place on the vorax or you think it looks dumb dont bother no one cares if they're on or not.

I finished a dumb raven guard today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Nice doctormans.

I could use a heal on one of mine:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Those are some lovely red boys

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

xutech posted:

Macca did a great video explaining the state of warhammer +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLOkLcRKNE

aww he removed it :(

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
New box game when?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Major Spag posted:

New box game when?

Something something early next year some people online say, idk

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Ham

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
No Nurgle November...or something. I don't actually know how the world works anymore.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Love this

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
When I woke up this morning, this article was titled something like "Two new plastic heroes." The word "plastic" is no longer anywhere in the article or its title.

And no poo poo. Look at these undergated bonding studs.

You can't cast true hemispherical bonding studs like that in plastic. Plastic bonding studs look like this:

The "hemispherical" contour is painted on; the underlying form is teardrop-shaped to prevent undergating. Maybe Bandai could do it with some sort of incredibly fancy multi-dimensional mold with bits that slide apart or something, but nothing GW uses can achieve that effect in plastic.

It's interesting in what it reveals about how little the WarCom is told things, to the point where they make assumptions when writing articles and then have to go back and fix errors later. And it's also interesting that they'd assume new Heresy content would be plastic, although not that interesting given that we've already seen the leaks.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 11, 2021

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

They totally can use slide and clam moulds, they just don't want to. They have a slide mould for the Baneblade and they did it on the one Objectives sprue that had the radio mast.

My guess is that the run cycle for the slide mould takes 'too long' for whatever optimized schedule some bean counter has made for production.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Robert Facepalmer posted:

They totally can use slide and clam moulds, they just don't want to. They have a slide mould for the Baneblade and they did it on the one Objectives sprue that had the radio mast.

My guess is that the run cycle for the slide mould takes 'too long' for whatever optimized schedule some bean counter has made for production.

What parts of the Baneblade sprue/model point to this? This is interesting.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Those are Black Library Weekender models and they're usually plastic, like the Custodes and Sister of Silence from last year or whenever.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

TTerrible posted:

What parts of the Baneblade sprue/model point to this? This is interesting.

The frame with the sponson weapons, fuel tanks, the greeblies like the spare bogey and loose shells.

The auxiliary weapons are all oriented with the bores out and there is no bounding frame around that area, that way there is a clear path for the die to articulate in/out during the cycle.

That must have been worth it as casting those in one piece saves at least twelve parts.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Stephenls posted:

When I woke up this morning, this article was titled something like "Two new plastic heroes." The word "plastic" is no longer anywhere in the article or its title.

You can't cast true hemispherical bonding studs like that in plastic. Plastic bonding studs look like this:

The "hemispherical" contour is painted on; the underlying form is teardrop-shaped to prevent undergating. Maybe Bandai could do it with some sort of incredibly fancy multi-dimensional mold with bits that slide apart or something, but nothing GW uses can achieve that effect in plastic.

It's interesting in what it reveals about how little the WarCom is told things, to the point where they make assumptions when writing articles and then have to go back and fix errors later. And it's also interesting that they'd assume new Heresy content would be plastic, although not that interesting given that we've already seen the leaks.

its right here

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

But you literally can’t cast that in plastic!!

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I mean if it turns out they can I’ll be ecstatic, especially if they use it for the plastic MkVI troops.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

When they said plastic they meant resin

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
and by resin they meant only available in the upcoming Tabletop Simulator Horus Heresy Module where you can buy digital models at Forgeworld prices

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Always wanted to have a Forge World badly-cropped-from-store-photo TTS standee NFT

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Warhammer Primarchs Reimagined as Humorous Cartoon Monkeys

Number 11 will blow your mind!

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Beep Beep, sorry bout that jeep:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Very nice Mr spag

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I’ve started a Legio Custodes army. Because I’m weak.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Beerdeer posted:

I’ve started a Legio Custodes army. Because I’m weak.

You monster.

post pics when painted

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Coming off a LVO hype train feels bad. :rip: LVO HH

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
My first foray into this dumb dead game

I already hate painting white after one model. Next up on my table is a Red Butcher though which is a much cooler model.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

My first foray into this dumb dead game

I already hate painting white after one model. Next up on my table is a Red Butcher though which is a much cooler model.

World Eaters was my first army too! :unsmith:

I never finished it on account of all the white, but your guy looks great.

Endman
May 18, 2010

World Eaters are extremely rad, but as penance for having such a cool legion you must paint white.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Endman posted:

World Eaters are extremely rad, but as penance for having such a cool legion you must paint white.

This is the way.

Also White scars, amirite? I think their white scheme scares a lot of people from that rad legion.

Endman
May 18, 2010

White Scars are extremely cool, but yeah I think the white scheme scares off a lot of people. It's a shame because they're one of the more interesting loyalist legions, which are usually far more bland than traitors.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
One problem I have with white scars (and to a lesser extent space wolves) is that they are supposed to have their own unique aesthetic among the space marines but so many space marine models are drenched in greco-roman imagery that clashes with the "space mongol/norse" thing that they are going for. At least space wolves have their own model kits so they can somewhat avoid this.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

White Scars are cool, but I really dislike 40K bike models.

Endman
May 18, 2010

The Horus Heresy Outrider models look a lot better, but have the added caveat that you have to build an incredibly cursed hybrid plastic/resin model that absolutely will not fit together properly.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Stephenls posted:

And I was wrong!

Neat.

They did a good job hiding that join line on the official paintjob.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

more like StephenIsWrong lmao

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

ijyt posted:

more like StephenIsWrong lmao

(it's actually StephenLS, but the last two letters aren't capitalized. It's just my initials. In retrospect I kinda hate that it looks like I'm trying to pull some Darkseid Is bullshit with it.)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
All praise HH 2.0, blessed be the HH leaker, forever we are in your debt for saving heresy

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It frankly seems like everything I had hoped 8 tho would have been, I'm unreasonably excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Wait did the whole rulebook leak??