Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Wolfechu posted:

Team Edit-Nevermind Dead seems to have made it through the server update intact and ready to go:

code:
1. Wolfechu
2. floodkiller
3. shard1697
4. kold
5. toenail
6. wormsofcant

To celebrate, last night I got my first friggin' win since they fixed the damage bug last tournament. I was beginning to worry that was the only reason I ever did win...

Have fun guys, and I will see you either in an hour or two, or on Sunday, depending on whether trains have wifi nowadays.

Toenail will do the clan proud with 0 or more wins right after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

When I open up my .17 RC file it's totally blank with nothing in it. I put in team details anyway and I"m not showing up. Did they screw up rc files again like some previous tournament?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Janissary Hop posted:

When I open up my .17 RC file it's totally blank with nothing in it. I put in team details anyway and I"m not showing up. Did they screw up rc files again like some previous tournament?

This wasn't the case for me but I'd just copy-paste your trunk or 0.16 one.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

and then I found a wand of hasting on d:5

what is my life

Dust in the wind

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what's the deal with faded alatars? I started a demonspawn wanderer intending to go faded for MAXIMUM RANDOM but couldn't find one anywhere. Explored every floor up to D:11 without seeing one so I just ended up going Chei.

Janissary Hop posted:

They definitely screwed up the default rc file for some people. Mine was giving me a bunch of error messages on start and also had a bunch of items showing up with plain white text instead of colour.

chukamok
Jul 23, 2010

I Love You! posted:

One slot left for team DrAK Lives Matter!

Join us in our quest to prove our point through violence~

I'll take it if it is still open. Tiles name is chukamok.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

w - the ring of Wurchag (right hand) {rElec rPois EV+2 Str+3 Int-5, THE RING OF
OGREING}!

That's a good find for an ogre (along with PDA on d7 and a bunch of + ac muts from Xom)

hail xom

e. xom just gave me a buddy hand axe minion for a bit, and it just solo'd Urug. This hand axe is a loving beat :stare:

e2. wasn't joking about how much xom is helping with my defense right now

code:
You have large cloven feet.
You are partially covered in molten scales (AC +1).
You are partially covered in rough black scales (AC +4, Dex -1).
You are partially covered in yellow scales (AC +2).
You are resistant to electric shocks.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 6, 2015

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, I just started playing this weird thing today. I rolled a human conjurer and got down to level 4 before getting ambushed and cut down by a bunch of orcs with nets in what looked like a castle. I've been reading the ion game documentation, but is there a good getting started guide for newbies anywhere? I'm basically looking for advice beyond the basics, like how do I identify all the mystery crap I picked up(I had around 10 and 8 of them would've helped me not die)? Is there a setup that's hilariously OP/easy so that I can kind of settle into the game a little easier?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

why do you love me so much, xom

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

neogeo0823 posted:

So, I just started playing this weird thing today. I rolled a human conjurer and got down to level 4 before getting ambushed and cut down by a bunch of orcs with nets in what looked like a castle. I've been reading the ion game documentation, but is there a good getting started guide for newbies anywhere? I'm basically looking for advice beyond the basics, like how do I identify all the mystery crap I picked up(I had around 10 and 8 of them would've helped me not die)? Is there a setup that's hilariously OP/easy so that I can kind of settle into the game a little easier?

Have you played the tutorial? It's surprisingly good.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Thug Lessons posted:

Have you played the tutorial? It's surprisingly good.

There's a tutorial?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

gently caress, missed the first three finished by about 15 minutes. Congratz to Thug Lessons for 2nd though!

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

neogeo0823 posted:

There's a tutorial?

Yep, download the local version. On the console it's the second option down, I don't have a tiles version downloaded at the moment but I assume it's there somewhere.

Floodkiller posted:

gently caress, missed the first three finished by about 15 minutes. Congratz to Thug Lessons for 2nd though!

Second's just first loser. And by 30 seconds too :argh:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I hope both Gozag and Ogre team do well, an awesome god and an awesome race. I also hope there is an ogre worshiper of Gozag somewhere, for those sweet artifact great clubs.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Out of curiosity, if I were to change teams after I had already got some scoring done would it transfer to the new team?

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

World Famous Whore posted:

Out of curiosity, if I were to change teams after I had already got some scoring done would it transfer to the new team?

Yes.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Time for another tourny, great!

I haven't played crawl since the last tourny basically, this should be interesting.
MuWr nemelex choice? why not!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

jon joe posted:

I hope both Gozag and Ogre team do well, an awesome god and an awesome race. I also hope there is an ogre worshiper of Gozag somewhere, for those sweet artifact great clubs.

I finally have an ogre up and running; found an Oka altar on D:1, wasted Terence or Edmund or whoever for his +4 dire flail of protection shortly thereafter, and Brokawaru gifted me a loving storm dragon armour on Lair:1 :stare:

So when I inevitably gently caress this up and die, at least I'll know for a fact it was because I did something loving stupid, rather than a lack of good items.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
Well Vaults 2 thanks for getting me closer on the Harvest Banner

quote:

Vanquished Creatures
Mara (Vaults:2)
Mennas (Vaults:2)
Boris (Vaults:2)
Frederick (Vaults:2)
Wiglaf (Vaults:2)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

World Famous Whore posted:

The only team that matters is the team you're on when teams lock on Saturday 14 November at 7pm UTC. You can switch at will until then and not switch anymore after that.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ramc posted:

A repaste of our team for the 0.17 tourney:

Also Captain Monkey/friendlybee, did you add me as your captain yet?

Just fixed this, let me know if it still didn't work. It takes a little to update.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Either I've been incredibly unlucky, or .17 included some sort of mut nerf in which every potion of mut I quaf gives me terribleness, every potion of beneficial mutation gives me stuff like slot-excluding beastly appendages, and potion of cure mutation do not show up until depths. This has been happening for multiple runs.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

jon joe posted:

Either I've been incredibly unlucky, or .17 included some sort of mut nerf in which every potion of mut I quaf gives me terribleness, every potion of beneficial mutation gives me stuff like slot-excluding beastly appendages, and potion of cure mutation do not show up until depths. This has been happening for multiple runs.

I added that change, and: you're welcome.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

I added that change, and: you're welcome.

Stop taking credit for poo poo that's been in since 0.5

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
My OgHu found an early Ru altar so I grabbed him. Haven't gotten any sacrifice options yet. Qaz did not spawn in the Temple. Should I stick with Ru and go for a super-focused smashy smashy ogre? I've only ever 15-runed with Ru with Gargoyle fighters since it's easy to sacrifice big things like dodging and magic, but for an Ogre, saccing Armor or Dodging would be a bad thing, wouldn't it? if I find Qaz before I make any sacrifices, should I go with him, or is Ru doable on an Ogre?

Edit: Welp, found Qaz on D:7. So what do you think? Ru or Qaz?

gently caress it, let's go maximum carnage :black101:

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 7, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Found the worst change; cyclopses, stone giants, and titans no longer have crossed arms in webtiles. :colbert:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Captain Monkey posted:

Just fixed this, let me know if it still didn't work. It takes a little to update.

You were there and now it seems you are not?

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.17/clans/ramc.html

I guess just check this periodically after to see if you show up.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Wow this is some vault. Go down the stairs to D:9, make one move and get hit by a Centaur Warrior's dispersal arrow which blinks me right in the middle of 4 Iron Golems. Thank Qaz teleport kicked in in time.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ugh you cant hit m then rightclick on a skill to focus all your xp on it in 0.17 offline. loving poo poo game

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Slaapaav posted:

ugh you cant hit m then rightclick on a skill to focus all your xp on it in 0.17 offline. loving poo poo game

Shift + the skill's letter should do the same thing.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Every thread or so I'm reminded that there it's a version of crawl with mouse support. The devs should implement mousing in console crawl.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Internet Kraken posted:

They definitely screwed up the default rc file for some people. Mine was giving me a bunch of error messages on start and also had a bunch of items showing up with plain white text instead of colour.
I got this too. Doesn't seem to hurt almost anything I've noticed.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Every thread or so I'm reminded that there it's a version of crawl with mouse support. The devs should implement mousing in console crawl.

I think this would be more complicated to do than you'd think considering webtiles is, as far as I know, an overlay on the ASCII version.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Nothing like a trip to the ER to take the wind or of your tourney start :bang:. Sorry team, willing hopefully be out tomorrow.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
oh god i found this +2 helmet of Narcissism {rF++ Str-2 Dex+4 Slay+3}. how will i die

in orc i got the ogre ending and picked up this and a book of battle in the shops

http://pastebin.com/f3ph8PDb

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

the three times i find lear's hauberk early/mid game, it's been on an ogre.

oh well, at least my early ossuary gave me 2 scrolls of acquirement. i can't wait to enjoy my +0 robe of positive energy and my +0 shield.

I am not playing the tournament but i wanted to complain somewhere.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Brannock posted:

I think this would be more complicated to do than you'd think considering webtiles is, as far as I know, an overlay on the ASCII version.
Nah I meant the ascii version, if vim can do mouse support so can crawl.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Are these wall tiles new or is it just because I am entering what is presumably a wizlab?

e: oops, meant to attach an image. Can't edit it in apparently.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

These tiles.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Somehow I have 22 AC as an XL:3 Troll on D:2 in a robe.

• Locked thread