Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Was moving into extended with my MuWr but i think i need to sleep soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Once you get a GSC up and running, I'm going to assume that's what you should use all your enchant weapon scrolls on? Still not sure about going eveningstar+shield (if I find one) or GSC with Qaz.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

52 dead ogres and counting

Also I currently hold the high score for OgAr with 2 points, and managed to die with a score of 1... on D:2. All in all, a perfect tourney so far.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 7, 2015

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

That's a special Nemelex vault. If you enter the portal just behind the Nemelex altar, you will be randomly dumped into one of the two rooms to the sides, one of which has Fabulous Prizes and the other has Horrifying Murders. There's no way to get into those rooms otherwise.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

52 dead ogres and counting

We Shall Ogercome!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

Once you get a GSC up and running, I'm going to assume that's what you should use all your enchant weapon scrolls on? Still not sure about going eveningstar+shield (if I find one) or GSC with Qaz.
Yes, a heavily-enchanted GSC is great. Not using GSC as an ogre is a bit silly to me if you are going to melee stuff anyway. You can't spam Qaz abilities like Makhleb's lesser destruction (last I checked) so you need a reliable way to kill stuff that's not "kite it through clouds forever" and doesn't cost any piety. Base damage is so important that giving up 1/3 of your base damage is hard to justify. I mean, it's rather unlikely you'll find an eveningstar before a dragon armour in any given game, and while dragon armours don't solve all of an ogre's defense problem, they go a good way.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

kaschei posted:

Yes, a heavily-enchanted GSC is great. Not using GSC as an ogre is a bit silly to me if you are going to melee stuff anyway. You can't spam Qaz abilities like Makhleb's lesser destruction (last I checked) so you need a reliable way to kill stuff that's not "kite it through clouds forever" and doesn't cost any piety. Base damage is so important that giving up 1/3 of your base damage is hard to justify. I mean, it's rather unlikely you'll find an eveningstar before a dragon armour in any given game, and while dragon armours don't solve all of an ogre's defense problem, they go a good way.

A scroll of Brand Weapon turned my GSC into one of Electrocution, so yeah, just gonna ride this thing until I get killed in a really stupid way :v:

Edit: Got this Vault entrance vault and went huh, I wonder what this ability does...

:stare:

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 7, 2015

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.
Any open team slots?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"So what'd you do this friday night?"
"Oh I spent the whole thing alone in my room playing Crawl."
"Oh."

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/InternetKraken/morgue-InternetKraken-20151107-065838.txt

Just wanted to get this done tonight since I had such a good thing going. I got tons of good loot and a bunch of demonspawn mutations that I like. Death regen and nightstalker? Hell yes. Played like an idiot and still got away with it. Saw some of the new extended vaults which were cool, though as I expected cocytus is real drat annoying without flight now. Flight potions last a pathetically short amount of time. I had to chug 4 of them just to reach the rune vault. Really feel like cocytus needs to be redesigned so it doesn't require flight now.

Now too decide what combo I'll break my streak with tomorrow :shepface:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The lag on cszo is killing me right now.

Seven Deadly Sins
Apr 5, 2009

I stole something that would make me fabulously wealthy...

But I eated it.

IronicDongz posted:

The lag on cszo is killing me right now.

Same here. I've moved to Berotato for now.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
Pretty much been taking a break for a while, and came back for a quick game. Ascended on my first attempt in the tournament. I see gargoyles are still easy mode.

I guess I can join a team, but I might ADD out and decide to go ride bikes for the rest of the tourney.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Does Kryia's mail work with ambrosia?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
code:
You see here the executioner's axe of the rear end {drain, rElec}
Wow Crawl. Language, please.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

kaschei posted:

You can get eveningstars fairly early and easily with a scroll of acquirement.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

IronicDongz posted:

I don't know what that is. Does it have clarity? Ambrosia does not work through clarity.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

>://///////////////////////////////

Thug Lessons posted:

I don't know what that is. Does it have clarity? Ambrosia does not work through clarity.
It's the unrand that doubles device healing, I'm wondering if it doubles ambrosia like potions of healing.

e:

at XL 27. are you loving kidding me

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 7, 2015

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
While we're talking Kryia's, does it work on DD? I picked it up from a Gozag shop but haven't noticed any real difference in how much I heal. I'm still wearing it because it's pretty much the best armor I've got, but if it's not gonna do anything special for me besides the rC then I'm probably going to want to ditch that poo poo before I take on Lair branches.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
It doesn't work for DD.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Pan loving sucks. I just died in pan because I got so bored of looking for the first rune vault that I tabbed myself to death. It's just treading water for like... potentially loving hours, if you're unlucky. at least a long time, usually. why isn't the first rune vault guaranteed?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
By the time I got home yesterday from dinner with friends, my team already had two wins. I should've stayed home, now I feel dishonorable.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
code:
 Donald says, "I hate this place."
 Donald disappears! Donald reappears nearby!
 You hit Donald.
 Donald is devoured by a tear in reality.
 Lugonu claims a new guest.
I'm a helper :buddy:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Seven Deadly Sins posted:

Any open team slots?
I created a team "Little Varmints" (I use the same handle in crawl) just to track my own stats while I dick around, anybody who cares to write themselves in is welcome to, just let me know what name to add to the list.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

KoldPT posted:

By the time I got home yesterday from dinner with friends, my team already had two wins. I should've stayed home, now I feel dishonorable.

If it makes you feel better, I splatted almost immediately on the next game :shobon:

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

This is a fun game but I wish there was a thread about Caves of Qud.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

This is a fun game but I wish there was a thread about Caves of Qud.

Right this way, friend!

Trip report: Won first game of tournament as OgBe, died in a stupid way as followup MiFi. :v:

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

C7ty1 posted:

Right this way, friend!

Trip report: Won first game of tournament as OgBe, died in a stupid way as followup MiFi. :v:

Thank you.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Almost a hundred ogres have snuffed itreached a glorious conclusion to their adventure, and I think I'm slowly starting to get a handle on them. It's a strange combination of ridiculous melee damage and absolutely zero staying power. I'm currently digging Artificer start of the less obvious ones, as a pile of trash wands and ~4 points in Evocations helps to deal with the medium level early monsters that ogres seem to struggle with, and spares Qazlal nukes etc. for the actual threats. I've tried Yred as well when there's been an early altar, but not to any success. That might require a monk start for me to get the real powers online before I get killed.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pretty much. At least until late game when you start getting dragon armors, ogres are steamrollers that tip over with a bit of applied pressure. You really want to try and get your GSC online and at somewhat decent delay as soon as you can. Use evocations and god powers to get you through rough spots. Play smart and don't take on packs of yaks in the open. If you want to win an ogre, any ogre, OgBe is a good choice because Trog is the best and getting gifted crazy good GSCs is the best. OgHu is also great because having a few large rocks and some throwing at the start is a great tactical nuke to have early for uniques and stuff.

also ogas -> dith is great for the hilarious mental image of stabbing people with a gsc, and was even better with the melee bug

Social Studies 3rd Period fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 7, 2015

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
How does a tournament work and how can I help? :ohdear:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
who's Piginabag and why did they play a felid skald. who hurt you :ohdear:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

IronicDongz posted:

Yes.

I had to look at the code, I was honestly guessing no before I checked. But it does, or should, anyway.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
code:
_* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
 You take 4 damage, and have 1/159 hp. You now have 0/34 mp.
1 HP? 0 MP? Two ancient liches?

More like 2 easy :smugdog:

code:
Goodbye, Mattybee.

2882770 Mattybee the Slayer (level 27, 164/164 HPs)
             Began as a Vine Stalker Abyssal Knight on Nov 7, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Lugonu.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 5 runes!

The game lasted 03:21:17 (80024 turns).
First win of the tournament, and I really should have died at least twice.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I am the best player in the world. Who wants me on a team?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Maxmaps posted:

How does a tournament work and how can I help? :ohdear:

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.17/

If you're in a team you can track your play stats and get a score, there's some kinda achievement-like stuff you can do as well. It's fun and you don't need to be serious, you can make a team of just yourself like I did, so you can see your stats.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 7, 2015

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

skasion posted:

While we're talking Kryia's, does it work on DD? I picked it up from a Gozag shop but haven't noticed any real difference in how much I heal. I'm still wearing it because it's pretty much the best armor I've got, but if it's not gonna do anything special for me besides the rC then I'm probably going to want to ditch that poo poo before I take on Lair branches.

I tried playing a DD of Gozag but man, monster's ability to deal damage easily outpaces your ability to heal. I was at 0 MP constantly, training spellcasting just for that next hit of sweet healing wand recharge so I could be above half HP. Or maybe I just got unlucky with defensive items, I don't know.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

tfw

PleasingFungus posted:

Yes.

I had to look at the code, I was honestly guessing no before I checked. But it does, or should, anyway.
Cool. I died already, but I used ambrosia so maybe I died later than I would have??

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

jon joe posted:

I tried playing a DD of Gozag but man, monster's ability to deal damage easily outpaces your ability to heal. I was at 0 MP constantly, training spellcasting just for that next hit of sweet healing wand recharge so I could be above half HP. Or maybe I just got unlucky with defensive items, I don't know.

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me. It's gently caress easy until you get to about the bottom of Lair, at which point it stops being so easy to grab more levels of wand recharge MP right at the time where monsters start to get seriously nasty. Wound up getting repeatedly poisoned to death while teleing around Snake:1 hoping to stumble on anyway of healing after bankrupting myself trying to get a potion/device shop.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

why is this lovely trove full of nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
ynoxen can summon ufes

• Locked thread