Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Opinions: Should I wear rCorr +2 Int as my gloves, or +5 dex -1 AC ego? I'm a Minotaur Fighter with wyrmbane and already completed slime, not sure how relevant wearing rCorr all the time is going to be.

edit: nevermind, this third time I scroll of acquirement'd for armor (I want a shield, dang it!), I got gloves again, the +2 gloves of the Elven Cities, +fly, rN++, Str +4, Int -3. Definitely wearing these.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Now that I've finally won the DrTm I stupidly started just before the tournament, I'm free to actually join in. Any open teams?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Did someone screw up the artifact generation code? Seems like everyone is getting way better gear this version than in the last one.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Did someone screw up the artifact generation code? Seems like everyone is getting way better gear this version than in the last one.

I think people just talk more about cool gear.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Nah, my first game had every artifact axe that Trog gifted me contain rC-, it's working fine.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ynoxen can summon ufes
I know. I mean why does this vault of treasure have a nerd cage in it

also is holy pan a rune vault, I forgot

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

IronicDongz posted:

I know. I mean why does this vault of treasure have a nerd cage in it

also is holy pan a rune vault, I forgot

it is.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

My mummy warper got owned by a vault ambush.
:rip: those 4 rods I found.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Thug Lessons posted:

You can get eveningstars fairly early and easily with a scroll of acquirement.
I tested in wizmode and got 1 eveningstar at 16 M&F/2.4 shields (OgFi shields skill level). Out of 100 acquirements.

At 22/9 I got 21. Exact chances are confounded by acquirement's desire to give you weapons you haven't seen but "easily" is a vast overstatement. You can't even count on it with Oka or Trog.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/friendlybee/friendlybee.txt

See also:

quote:

+0 cloak of Indecent Exposure {rC+ Str+7} (curse)

I found a trenchcoat guys!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Least you won't get cold showing off your unmentionables! And all the strength to bear that terrible curse. :v:

Also wish rax would add the lua files missing from the 0.17 version to CAO. I miss having my inventory coloured.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!
code:
560019 NotMyLeg the Executioner (level 24, 196/236 HPs)
             Began as a Deep Dwarf Monk on Nov 7, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Makhleb.
             Starved to death
             ... on level 3 of the Realm of Zot.
             The game lasted 03:27:46 (50590 turns).
Stupid popcorn. I really thought I could take two steps and butcher a corpse.

That makes two really dumb deaths this tournament that should have probably been wins, and then a whole bunch of splats as I tilt after the stupid deaths. On that note, maybe I should ram a bunch of Octopodes into a wall until one lucks into Statue Form.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Haha a wand of heal wounds, no way am I gonna die now! :v:

quote:

The cyclops throws a large rock. The large rock hits you!!!
The cyclops throws a large rock. The large rock hits you!!!
You die...

Unless I forget to use it! Hahahahahaha gently caress :suicide:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Anyone who says anyone other than Antaeus is the most dangerous hell lord is full of poo poo, I just got punched to death by him even after slowing him with curare, as a 33 ev/44 ac maxed out unarmed chei dude.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My minotaur fighter has hit 70 AC. Christ, I'm not even playing Crawl at this point. I'm playing Tab button.

edit: found a +8 AC ring in a shop, plus 3 more scrolls of enchant armor. I could hit 81 AC if it wouldn't require unequipping my resist rings.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 7, 2015

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I had a really good HeFe going and then about ten steps after entering Lair:1 and establishing my stash, I fell into a hole that dropped me into the far corner of a D:2 elephant sanctuary behind some plants. You can guess how this ended.

I had a wand of heal wounds but no digging. No evocable invis. All found potions identified, no invis. None of my unidentified scrolls were teleport or blink (well, maybes one or two of the singles I dropped in the stash were, but if I'd read-id'd them, I wouldn't have had them when I needed them), but guess what, one of them was noise!

I ended up trying to kill them with inner fire and sticky flame (I only had one rF+) and slip out but it didn't work.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
code:
Kold the Axe Maniac (Deep Dwarf Fighter)           Turns: 56374, Time: 03:36:37

Health: 249/249    AC: 42    Str: 26    XL:     27
Magic:  18/18      EV: 32    Int: 14    God:    Makhleb [******]
Gold:   6898       SH:  0    Dex: 28    Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis +     x - +9 executioner's axe (elec)
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     E - +9 pearl dragon armour
rNeg   + + .     SustAt   .     (shield currently unavailable)
rPois  +         Gourm    .     r - +5 helmet "Umemy" {rF- rCorr Str+4 Dex+4}
rElec  .         Spirit   .     V - +2 cloak
rCorr  +         Warding  .     d - +2 pair of gloves {Dex+3}
rMut   +         Stasis   .     s - +0 pair of boots
MR     +++++                    t - amulet "Boath" {rMut rF+}
Stlth  ++++++....               M - ring "Zisuypp" {rPois rF+ Int+3}
                                S - ring "Faq Zown" {MR+ Slay+3 SInv}

@: non-regenerating, almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, very
stealthy
A: damage resistance, recharge devices, talons 2, see invisible, deformed body,
frail 1, negative energy resistance 1, sense surroundings 3, slow regeneration 3
a: Device Recharging, Minor Destruction, Lesser Servant of Makhleb, Major
Destruction, Greater Servant of Makhleb, Renounce Religion
}: 5/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, slimy, silver, abyssal
Should I go win, or try postgame?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

KoldPT posted:

code:
Kold the Axe Maniac (Deep Dwarf Fighter)           Turns: 56374, Time: 03:36:37

Health: 249/249    AC: 42    Str: 26    XL:     27
Magic:  18/18      EV: 32    Int: 14    God:    Makhleb [******]
Gold:   6898       SH:  0    Dex: 28    Spells: 0 memorised, 26 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis +     x - +9 executioner's axe (elec)
rCold  . . .     Clarity  .     E - +9 pearl dragon armour
rNeg   + + .     SustAt   .     (shield currently unavailable)
rPois  +         Gourm    .     r - +5 helmet "Umemy" {rF- rCorr Str+4 Dex+4}
rElec  .         Spirit   .     V - +2 cloak
rCorr  +         Warding  .     d - +2 pair of gloves {Dex+3}
rMut   +         Stasis   .     s - +0 pair of boots
MR     +++++                    t - amulet "Boath" {rMut rF+}
Stlth  ++++++....               M - ring "Zisuypp" {rPois rF+ Int+3}
                                S - ring "Faq Zown" {MR+ Slay+3 SInv}

@: non-regenerating, almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, very
stealthy
A: damage resistance, recharge devices, talons 2, see invisible, deformed body,
frail 1, negative energy resistance 1, sense surroundings 3, slow regeneration 3
a: Device Recharging, Minor Destruction, Lesser Servant of Makhleb, Major
Destruction, Greater Servant of Makhleb, Renounce Religion
}: 5/15 runes: decaying, serpentine, slimy, silver, abyssal
Should I go win, or try postgame?

Funny, I have the same question for my character: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Rhandor/Rhandor.txt

code:
Rhandor the Invulnerable (Minotaur Fighter)       Turns: 108185, Time: 05:24:57

HP:   214/224 (269) AC: 68    Str: 26    XL:     27
MP:   40/40         EV: 27    Int: 11    God:    Gozag
Gold: 3471          SH: 34    Dex: 19    Spells: 2 memorised, 45 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis .     n - +18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5}
rCold  + + .     Clarity  +     O - +14 crystal plate armour
rNeg   + + +     SustAt   +     s - +6 large shield of Ignorance {rN+ AC+2 EV+2 Int-6 *Curse}
rPois  +         Gourm    .     W - +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR++}
rElec  +         Spirit   +     i - +2 cloak {rC+}
rCorr  +         Warding  +     l - +2 pair of gloves of the Eleven Cities {+Fly rN++ Str+4 Int-3}
rMut   .         Stasis   .     t - +0 pair of boots of the Scribe {rCorr Int+5 Stlth+}
MR     +++++                    S - macabre finger necklace {Ward rN+}
Stlth  ..........               Z - ring of Ephemeral Luck {rPois rF+ EV+3 Int+7 Dex-2}
                                A - ring of Zytyizxinitt {SustAt rElec rC+}
                                m - ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}

@: almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2, rough black scales 1, clarity, mutation
resistance 1, wild magic 1, MP-powered wands
a: Potion Petition, Call Merchant, Bribe Branch, Renounce Religion, Evoke
Berserk Rage, Evoke Flight
}: 6/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, abyssal, gossamer
On the one hand, I am 100% sure this character can handle endgame. On the other hand, I'm not sure -I- can. I'm currently hanging out and Dis and generally having a bad time with tormentors. This is literally the farthest I've ever gotten crawl and if I go for Zot right now, it will be my first win.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

jon joe posted:

Funny, I have the same question for my character: http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Rhandor/Rhandor.txt

code:
Rhandor the Invulnerable (Minotaur Fighter)       Turns: 108185, Time: 05:24:57

HP:   214/224 (269) AC: 68    Str: 26    XL:     27
MP:   40/40         EV: 27    Int: 11    God:    Gozag
Gold: 3471          SH: 34    Dex: 19    Spells: 2 memorised, 45 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis .     n - +18 lance "Wyrmbane" {slay drac, +Rage rPois rF+ AC+5}
rCold  + + .     Clarity  +     O - +14 crystal plate armour
rNeg   + + +     SustAt   +     s - +6 large shield of Ignorance {rN+ AC+2 EV+2 Int-6 *Curse}
rPois  +         Gourm    .     W - +2 hat of the Bear Spirit {Spirit, +Rage rN+ MR++}
rElec  +         Spirit   +     i - +2 cloak {rC+}
rCorr  +         Warding  +     l - +2 pair of gloves of the Eleven Cities {+Fly rN++ Str+4 Int-3}
rMut   .         Stasis   .     t - +0 pair of boots of the Scribe {rCorr Int+5 Stlth+}
MR     +++++                    S - macabre finger necklace {Ward rN+}
Stlth  ..........               Z - ring of Ephemeral Luck {rPois rF+ EV+3 Int+7 Dex-2}
                                A - ring of Zytyizxinitt {SustAt rElec rC+}
                                m - ring of the Mage {Wiz MR++ Int+3}

@: almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2, rough black scales 1, clarity, mutation
resistance 1, wild magic 1, MP-powered wands
a: Potion Petition, Call Merchant, Bribe Branch, Renounce Religion, Evoke
Berserk Rage, Evoke Flight
}: 6/15 runes: barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, abyssal, gossamer
On the one hand, I am 100% sure this character can handle endgame. On the other hand, I'm not sure -I- can. I'm currently hanging out and Dis and generally having a bad time with tormentors. This is literally the farthest I've ever gotten crawl and if I go for Zot right now, it will be my first win.

You will get murdered in tomb and/or pan if get hellion island.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Lawman 0 posted:

You will get murdered in tomb and/or pan if get hellion island.

I already cleared tomb, the place isn't too hard thanks to stairdancing. Is there a way I can handle tormentors better, or should I just go for the win now?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
If it's your first win, just get it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

IronicDongz posted:

If it's your first win, just get it.

:toot: I did it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Here's how you handle tormentors;

-Kill them with a ranged attack before they can do anything
-Use LOS blocks to get into melee range
-Have one of the sources of torment resist and a bulky enough character that you just do not give a gently caress

Only the first option is reliable. There are too many layouts in Hell that force you to fight in open areas that you can't rely solely on LOS blocking. Torment resistance beyond three pips of rN+ is exclusive to certain gods and statue form. Ranged attacks are something you could easily be using if you had invested exp into it though. If you plan on going extended, you really should ask yourself "how am I going to deal with hellfire/torment spammers from across the room". If you don't have a good answer to that, you're gonna be miserable. Its possible to win without that stuff but its really hard and requires really careful play and is really, really not worth the effort.

Just win, especially if you haven't won before.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Good grief, i'm burning thru Qazlol piety like crazy, nuking these goddamn mamba's and hydras from the map.

e; dead :')

this sucks, going back to casters for a bit, poo poo is way easier sometimes

lol d2 Sigmund turns me into a spider, rip Sigmund

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 7, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

quote:

D - the +0 helmet of the Lion (worn) {+Inv rElec rF+++ MR-}.

Yeah okay sure Crawl. Why not.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I haven't played since Qaz was in trunk, but I have some free time this weekend so I figure I'd hop in and drag a team down. Anyone have spots open?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

My last ogre found the mask of the dragon AND GDA in the same shop on orc4.

Thankfully Xom had given me 1500 gold a little bit earlier. Wonder how the hell this guy is dieing (I'm guessing death cobb)

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Mottled Draconian is my favorite poo poo, splash sticky flame is so fine

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.
First tournament win for my team :toot:
Nothing special, just a standard heavily tanked GrEE shattering the gently caress out of everything, then nuking what was left with Glaciate/Fire Storm. Nice resists on jewelry and that insane +7 faerie dragon armour meant I could stay somewhat light and nimble... well, for a gargoyle, at least.
Nabbed Descent Into Madness III just because I cannot stop fuelling my zig addiction.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah okay sure Crawl. Why not.

That MR- probably hurts more than the rF+++ helps.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brannock posted:

That MR- probably hurts more than the rF+++ helps.

I'll take having to put on another piece of MR+ gear in the lategame for having all the fire resist I'll ever need on one piece of gear.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll take having to put on another piece of MR+ gear in the lategame for having all the fire resist I'll ever need on one piece of gear.
Why don't you just wear FDA then

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Fuckkkkking Maud what the gently caress, eat me

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

kaschei posted:

Why don't you just wear FDA then

Becase it gives -rc/takes the body slot/can't be use with ozo's armour/look there's plenty of reasons, just pick one that's applicable to your character. There are plenty of times where I do wear fire dragon armour anyways though, usually swapping it out for ice dragon when high fire resistance isn't needed.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm glad I'm at the top of my team even though other people have wins and I don't lol

truly this is the hidden merit of doing basically everything in the game and then throwing for no reason

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
High five, big splatter. I've done the same thing except the rest of my team are slackers. And I've only secured 3 runes. :v: So as to say, nowhere near the same thing.

I'm also starting to drink while playing this game. This is going to go well!

EDIT: Hrm, CAO is lagging something awful. Guess it's a clue I should stop.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 8, 2015

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Got my first 15-rune win tonight (and second team win for She told me she was 0.18)! I've been close before but died to the Tombs or Zigg when I get cocky and think I can tab through everything. But with a GrFi, Gozag and some good luck on items, I basically could tab through everything.

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/rear end in a top hat/morgue-rear end in a top hat-20151108-010619.txt

Surprised to be leading the score for the team as well. I thought I was a stupid noobie who can only play Gargoyle. :black101:

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

jerkstoresup posted:

Got my first 15-rune win tonight (and second team win for She told me she was 0.18)! I've been close before but died to the Tombs or Zigg when I get cocky and think I can tab through everything. But with a GrFi, Gozag and some good luck on items, I basically could tab through everything.

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/rear end in a top hat/morgue-rear end in a top hat-20151108-010619.txt

Surprised to be leading the score for the team as well. I thought I was a stupid noobie who can only play Gargoyle. :black101:

Hey, I'd try to contribute a win, but the floorgod has been hating me. Every artifact I've seen has *Drain for some reason. Also, I'm stuck on suiciding spriggans.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

IronicDongz posted:

who's Piginabag and why did they play a felid skald. who hurt you :ohdear:

he's one of my buddies, it was a miserable run he was glad to die in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

One of these things is not like the others...

On a different note, for 68k / meatpath (and anyone else not showing up on their clan page) the TEAMCAPTAIN bit needs to be the very first line of your rcfile for the tournament server/script to register you properly.

• Locked thread