Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

silentsnack posted:

On a different note, for 68k / meatpath (and anyone else not showing up on their clan page) the TEAMCAPTAIN bit needs to be the very first line of your rcfile for the tournament server/script to register you properly.

Yep, fixed it earlier today. I thought I saved it yesterday, but I guess I did something wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Got Singularity Society a 15 Rune win with a fire hurling lich-bird.

code:
11957006 worldfamousw the Archmage (level 27, 199/199 HPs)
             Began as a Tengu Conjurer on Nov 6, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Vehumet.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Nov 8, 2015!
Had alot more trouble with the end game on this run then I have in the past. I must have teleport from the battles with Asmodeus, Lom Lobon, and Cerebov at least 10 times each. Done with though.

Never did find a wand of healing either.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Xom is the best god. Gave up on him for zin to do the postgame, and his wrath so far has mostly consisted of giving me gifts still. :allears:

code:
MrDespairSA the Slayer (Ogre Chaos Knight)         Turns: 68126, Time: 04:04:32
Health: 343/343    AC: 45    Str: 25    XL:     27
Magic:  35/35      EV: 18    Int: 12    God:    Zin [******]
Gold:   2155       SH:  3    Dex: 14    Spells: 3 memorised, 17 levels left

rFire  + + +     SeeInvis +     a - +9 giant spiked club (venom)
rCold  + . .     Clarity  .     H - +4 gold dragon armour of Lac Kirch {+Blink +
rNeg   + . .     SustAt   .     (shield currently unavailable)
rPois  +         Gourm    .     R - +0 mask of the Dragon {MR+ Slay+3 SInv}
rElec  +         Spirit   .     y - +2 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  +     (gloves unavailable)
rMut   .         Stasis   .     (boots unavailable)
MR     +++++                    P - brooch of Shielding {Ward rN+ AC+4 EV+4}
Stlth  ..........               Z - +5 ring of protection
                                X - ring of Ashenzari's Favour {rElec EV+5}

@: almost entirely resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely unstealthy
A: unfitting armour, horns 1, large bone plates 2, rough black scales 1, fire
resistance 2, magic resistance 1, poison resistance, robust 1, screaming 1, spit
poison 1, tough skin 1, wild magic 2
a: Spit Poison, Recite, Vitalisation, Imprison, Sanctuary, Donate Gold, Cure All
Mutations, Renounce Religion, Evoke Blink, Evoke Flight
}: 3/15 runes: barnacled, silver, gossamer
If I can't 15 rune with this ogre, well, I just dunno.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Does guardian spirit work with Ds mut mana shield? I got some message about a "powerless" spirit when I put on the hat.

Also D1 troll leather armour and Spiny 2 -> free ride to lair.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

code:
14504867 Floodkiller the Conqueror (level 27, 287/298 HPs)
             Began as a Gargoyle Gladiator on Nov 6, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Qazlal.
             Escaped with the Orb

The game lasted 07:12:11 (109891 turns).
First 15-rune for Edit-Nevermind Dead (sorry IronicDongz :( ), and holy poo poo I did not deserve this. I was playing so sloppy, and the only thing that saved me multiple times was the fact that -cTele was removed and I could blink away. Thank god for that change.

Here's what the morgue picked up, but there's way more than just this.
code:
61712 | Zig:10   | HP: 9/189 [something/bolt of cold (13)]
87992 | Geh:7    | HP: 9/199 [smoke demon/divine providence (17)]

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

resistentialism posted:

Does guardian spirit work with Ds mut mana shield? I got some message about a "powerless" spirit when I put on the hat.

Also D1 troll leather armour and Spiny 2 -> free ride to lair.

For Ds with manashield (and VS) you have intrinsic guardian spirit so the amulet is redundant, and a waste of a slot. Like rPois for mummies.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Vow of Courage III complete, Abyss rune got. Now to continue blowing poo poo up in style.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Which would do more damage in extended; a +9 lajatang of speed with +5 slaying or a holy one?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Blowguns, still OP. Got Angel of Justice III on my first 15 rune run thanks to another HaAs build with the same strat (this time with Ash)! I lucked into those 7 needles of paralysis.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
s - the ring of Ofugyn {rPois rF+ rC+ Dex+2 Slay+3}

That'll do, lab. That'll do.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Which would do more damage in extended; a +9 lajatang of speed with +5 slaying or a holy one?
Speed is about a 50% increase in damage, holy about 75% vs. vulnerable stuff. +5 is less than 25% of your total damage if you have weapon skill, fighting, or stats of any kind.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Haifisch posted:

s - the ring of Ofugyn {rPois rF+ rC+ Dex+2 Slay+3}

That'll do, lab. That'll do.

Not quite as good, but here's my lab ring: the ring of Nihanir {Wiz rElec MP+9 Str+10 Stlth-}. That Str+10 makes a pretty big difference with a GSC and wizardry is great for an ogre.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The Robe Of The Archmagi just appeared in a shop I called on this dude.

Do I buy?

edit: holy poo poo if I have enough potions of healing to cleanse the confusion, The amulet of Abilolae {Faith *Confuse rF++ MR+++ Str+3}. is worth it, right?

tote up a bags fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 8, 2015

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Yes, hexers care more about spell power than anyone else, a robe of the archmagi is excellent for them.

That amulet is obviously very good, but whether it's worth it is up to you. On the one hand, the confuse procs very rarely, so as long as you're not especially low on potions of curing or otherwise have a very high demand for them, it's not going to be a deal breaker. On the other hand Faith does nothing for you and as a spriggan, you have crazy high innate MR, so all you're really getting from it is fire resistance. If you have an amulet of regeneration, I would wear that as the default amulet and switch to the randart when you need rF. I believe as a gozag worshipper you're in a unique position to be able to treat a faith amulet as swap item.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

It's too late, I got memed on by various swamp monsters (thanks though!!)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Is there something about cszo that makes it bad at this specific hour? I keep getting "websocket connection failed" when I play this late.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

quote:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.17.0-5-g1273c08 (webtiles) character file.

huiren the Shatterer (Ogre Skald) Turns: 45553, Time: 04:55:52

Health: 214/214 AC: 28 Str: 48 XL: 21 Next: 78%
Magic: 44/44 EV: 19 Int: 33 God: Cheibriados [******]
Gold: 3937 SH: 0 Dex: 24 Spells: 8 memorised, 7 levels left

rFire + . . SeeInvis . Q - +5 giant spiked club (vamp)
rCold . . . Clarity . C - +7 pearl dragon armour
rNeg + . . SustAt . (shield currently unavailable)
rPois . Gourm . b - +2 hat {Spirit}
rElec + Spirit + M - +2 cloak of Veedo {rF+ Slay+5}
rCorr . Warding . (gloves unavailable)
rMut . Stasis . (boots unavailable)
MR +++.. w - amulet of regeneration
Stlth .......... n - ring of Nihanir {Wiz rElec MP+9 Str+10 Stlth-}
Z - ring of protection from magic

I think the floor god loves me. Near perfect equipment and good spells as well. The only thing I can complain about is that the game has been incredibly stingy with large rocks. I've cleared V:1 and only have 5.

Also, how long has controlled blink been a level 8 spell? I wonder if it's worth it to learn it before extended now, even on a Cheibro. I think it's a very fair change, probably overdue, but I do have one complaint. I think disjunction should be moved to level 7. I've tried using it a few times before and even on a character for whom it seems perfect, an archer with lots of translocations, it was almost always better to cast controlled blink. Even when they're the same level, they still compete for spell slots and contam and if you have to choose one, anyone but a formicid would choose controlled blink every time.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
There's at least one situation where Disjunction is better than Controlled Blink: The orb run. :v: On a serious note, I was discussing this very change on the dev channel, not that it went anywhere substantial. Disjunction is a pretty strong effect though, I just haven't used it enough to suss out its effectiveness.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Was there a change that makes unseen horrors spawn below D:10? I thought that was the cutoff. I'm being attacked by my third and I'm only on D:9 :(

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

Can Of Worms posted:

There's at least one situation where Disjunction is better than Controlled Blink: The orb run. :v: On a serious note, I was discussing this very change on the dev channel, not that it went anywhere substantial. Disjunction is a pretty strong effect though, I just haven't used it enough to suss out its effectiveness.

I have indeed saved my rear end with it on the orb run. There's another use that I've heard of, but never tried, which is to escape nasty zig floors in combination with death's door. It's undoubtedly a good spell. It's just one that no one ever uses because it's outshone by controlled blink.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

Was there a change that makes unseen horrors spawn below D:10? I thought that was the cutoff. I'm being attacked by my third and I'm only on D:9 :(
That's never been the case:

quote:

3836 games for * (killer=unseen_horror recent): 1263x D:10, 512x D:11, 394x D:9, 343x D:7, 336x D:8, 279x D:6, 184x Abyss:1, 155x D:5, 145x D:12, 45x D:13, 38x Abyss:2, 23x Lab, 22x D:15, 21x D:14, 19x Abyss:3, 15x D:1, 9x D:4, 9x D:2, 8x Lair:1, 5x Abyss:4, 3x Abyss:5, 3x Vaults:1, 3x D:3, Lair:2, Orc:1
Now, a lot of those very shallow deaths are probably people either MuCK scumming and getting OOD spawns or fleeing and being chased across multiple levels. But OOD spawns are always possible and there's a specific vault with... food or something behind a runed door with glass next to it so that you can "see" that there's no danger, definitely not, these skeletal remains are probably not the fresh kills of an invisible monster.

You also have the dungeon geometry upside down! D:10 is below D:9, not the other way around!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It feels really stupid pumping up charms to cast deflect missiles just because a book with repel missiles never loving spawned. Seems like every game I play there's always one basic spell that just refuses to show up.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I've been splitting my stat increases between Int and Str in hopes of being able to attain very basic utility spell functionality in really heavy armour (like, level 1 and 2 spells) while focusing mainly on rock throwing and savage GSC beatdowns. Is this dumb y/n

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

I've been splitting my stat increases between Int and Str in hopes of being able to attain very basic utility spell functionality in really heavy armour (like, level 1 and 2 spells) while focusing mainly on rock throwing and savage GSC beatdowns. Is this dumb y/n

As an ogre, you are already getting +1 strength every three levels, so I just dump it all into Int if I plan on trying to cast spells later.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

It's probably fine. I suspect increasing only int would give better returns on spells since ogres typically have enough str naturally to cast in heavy armor. But if you only want just enough to cast low level spells, str still does give you a small damage boost. Dex seems pretty good for ogres too since their low dex contributes to their EV problems just as much as their large size.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
the +7 crystal plate armour of Unambiguity (worn) {Dex+7}

Not terrible on my first dude this build. Always Acquire Armor indeed. Also Okawaru is a bro and has given me mostly non-terrible poo poo so far, aside from a randart rapier when my only weapon skills are Axes and Polearms.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Zig run complete. I got extremely lucky in that no Mummy levels spawned and only a single early Pan lord level. The worst of it was dealing with Spider/Swamp and the resulting Ghost Moths draining all my MP away but I had enough evokables to rock back and blow them away.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

code:
You finish reciting Ablutions 26:30!
 You feel short of breath! Cerebov falls into the lava!!!
 Cerebov drowns!
Guess he just couldn't handle the truth.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.17/players/staplegun.html
Just finished my 3rd streaked 15 rune game. I don't want to do the endgame anymore but when the game gives you the hat of the Alchemist, what can you do?

Oh right, and Qazlal in extended endgame? Never again. Hell takes forever when everything in a 20 tile radius homes in on you every level.

edit: also, just noticed this

12 seconds away from my previous win time? I think my play may be a little predictable.

staplegun fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 8, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Well gently caress.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/InternetKraken/morgue-InternetKraken-20151108-175857.txt

Finished this too late for it to count for the Nemlex win. If I didn't splat the one I started earlier I would of finished in time but alas. Or I could of just not done extended but when the game lets you have maxed out resists in almost everything I kind of feel obligated. Plus I really wanted to cast dragon's call but even at 27 summoning I couldn't get it reliably castable. Oh well.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 8, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

IronicDongz posted:

Is there something about cszo that makes it bad at this specific hour? I keep getting "websocket connection failed" when I play this late.
It's lunch time here and I'm getting it as well.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Well, I Ogrecame.

code:
Goodbye, MrDespairSA.

12869980 MrDespairSA the Bringer of Law (level 27, 355/355 HPs)
             Began as an Ogre Chaos Knight on Nov 7, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Zin.
             Escaped with the Orb

The game lasted 07:38:28 (125463 turns).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You betrayed Xom. You're drenched with sin :colbert:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

You betrayed Xom. You're drenched with sin :colbert:

I'll try and win at least one game straight up with Xom, but I had good enough loot that I didn't want to risk him loving up a pretty surefire 15 rune win. He'll understand.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Just to be sure, the Prophet banner is solely invocations right? It doesn't work with Nemelex (or other gods based around a different skill) titles?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Having zero MR so that all the orcs in the mines can kill themselves on my Spiny 3 while I'm paralyzed is a good strategy, I think.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i miss playing crawl, but just haven't been able to get back into it :(

any advice

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Tollymain posted:

any advice

Steal the orb of Zot!

Edit: My boring training wheels MiFi of Oka killed a hydra while at 9/168 HP. Holy moley.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Tollymain posted:

any advice

Anything of Xom, just enjoy the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Floodkiller posted:

Anything of Xom, just enjoy the ride.

OgCks are the best and I'm tempted to just play nothing but the rest of the tourney.

so good

• Locked thread