Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i do that sometimes in mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Why is the lie scummy? And "not telling the truth always hurts town" or anything in that vein is invalid.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just can't think of any pro-town reason to claim that you have a vig when you don't.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Ixtlilton posted:

Why is the lie scummy? And "not telling the truth always hurts town" or anything in that vein is invalid.

its true though making poo poo up muddles stuff for town

scum get to coordinate town just have to go off what they see

if you throw bulldhit data out there the main people that hurts is town

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Gwynplaine posted:

It's gonna rub off on you. And then you'll lose sight of who you really are.

gwyn....

... im already a demon

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Clearly we should lynch all liars.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SirSamVimes posted:

I just can't think of any pro-town reason to claim that you have a vig when you don't.

It's really funny.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

For example, I am a vigilante.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I've fallen really behind and I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this thread/in anyway hunt scum, if anidav wants to replace me that's fine because yeeeeah.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote SSV

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Okay, let's straighten out this mess.

Keane, whom have tried to take down for justice?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Tommunist posted:

I've fallen really behind and I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this thread/in anyway hunt scum, if anidav wants to replace me that's fine because yeeeeah.

I doubt I can find more tbh. If you can find one be my guest. Otherwise keep playing please. To your best ability.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

For example, I am a vigilante.

Kashuno and CCK vigs?

really? then why has there only been one vig kill to date?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Or is kush a flavorcop OR vig.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I threw my weapon away, Birdstrike.

Mercy is far more important.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Kash admitted he lied about having vig. There are no more vigs.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Geez Kommando pretend to be keeping up

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

:eyepop:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have buried my rifle in the form of a riddle hidden deep within my posts.

If you unearth this, the weapon belongs to you.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Geez Kommando pretend to be keeping up

er , sorry.
as I said, it's hard doing this investigation on the Awful app at work.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

oh. that's what he meant when he said he lied to get another cop action.

yep I'm on the same page now.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The night that Kashuno was supposed to die was the night Bromp activated Lovers on Imgay.

Kashuno wasn't saved by a doctor, and was probably never in danger of dying. If there is a townie who can back him up they aren't a doctor (doctor is already flipped and on the night of the saving the doctor was active, so it's not a nurse). They must have some niche loving network ability if it's even true so I can't see any harm in a claim.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
errr Kash said he lied about dying to get another investigation result

because everyone understands the ramifications of your console to your role

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wait he admitted he lied earlier and it got swept up... and now he's been caught in another lie and it's getting swept over. He may not be lying about being a flavour cop but I think his ability as he described it to us would be woefully inadequate in a real game and he's deliberately withholding info that scum are using to target power roles. I reckon he gets full flavour and he's bullshitting town with this two ports cartridge slot nonsense to buy himself some credit.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

reading CCKeanes posts, I cannot say that this person is scum.
they've been totally on the level.

and is one of the wittiest goons I've had the pleasure of coming across. :golfclap:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

errr Kash said he lied about dying to get another investigation result

because everyone understands the ramifications of your console to your role

Yes, this exactly. It is such a worthless ability in this game, and any really. And watered down as he claims it to be is even more useless.

I think he lied about dying to discourage the real cop from checking him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i got distracted last night by fallout 4 so i've nearly caught up to end of day 1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

end of day 1 gut feel.. don't like exakt, kats, ssv or kash's posting.

more to come.
STAY TUNED

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh and bif, i never like her posting though so i'm trying to ignore it for now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

Wait he admitted he lied earlier and it got swept up... and now he's been caught in another lie and it's getting swept over. He may not be lying about being a flavour cop but I think his ability as he described it to us would be woefully inadequate in a real game and he's deliberately withholding info that scum are using to target power roles. I reckon he gets full flavour and he's bullshitting town with this two ports cartridge slot nonsense to buy himself some credit.

Yeah it's a big loving mess I wouldn't mind lynching him today at all just to clear it up once and for all.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*mills voice* we should go for the highest ev lynch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm re-reading D1 now though, wondering if there could be a scum reason that the Vimes vote never really got off the ground.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

*mills voice* we should go for the highest ev lynch

ev?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Expected value, meaning the most we could gain by learning the flip in this case

Lurker a might be scummier than contributor b, but contributor b might have made such claims that confirming them true or false would prove more valuable than the potential of shooting blind on the lurker and hitting

I don't think that really fits this scenario as there aren't really any lurkers but I'm inclined to agree with lynching kash for clarity because of it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm re-reading D1 now though, wondering if there could be a scum reason that the Vimes vote never really got off the ground.

this and the kat thing are my two most prominent thoughts.

im at work now and dunno if i can clear the thread before i gently caress off for a meeting

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

Expected value, meaning the most we could gain by learning the flip in this case

Lurker a might be scummier than contributor b, but contributor b might have made such claims that confirming them true or false would prove more valuable than the potential of shooting blind on the lurker and hitting

I don't think that really fits this scenario as there aren't really any lurkers but I'm inclined to agree with lynching kash for clarity because of it

I can see that.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Sounds like hes making the case for lynching active town players just to see their insides.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Kommando posted:

Sounds like hes making the case for lynching active town players just to see their insides.

if literally anyone other than taste had suggested it id be on board

as is all i can see is taste doign what hes done all game, inciting a lynch on a town player

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Counter play, he knows we think he's scummy and he's trying to siddle up to lynching Kash without actually making any votes or strong opinions to make you second the decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
second guess

• Locked thread