Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Birdstrike posted:

also getting ~vibes~ from Keane, Kat and imgay

yeah I know that's a lot of people it's a 25 player game

Wow, claiming vibes on the mod confirmed town power role, pretty shady business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Mod confirmed where?

In my PM, silly.

The mod confirmed my role in the PM he sent me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tommunist posted:

You're a bit of a joker art you keane

There's no such thing as a joker art you big silly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

There that Merk guy goes again! What a whacky fellow.

Anyway I have some thoughts:

Kat's first post caused me to raise an eyebrow when I read it initially. Looking over Kat as a whole, these two posts stand out. These don't actually get us anywhere closer to finding scum nor do they give an opinion about any player. He's posting with things that make it look like he's scum hunting without actually scum hunting.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk, what do you think of Vimes?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

You're right, I mixed Sam up with somebody else and thought there was a weird tone shift. I was mistaken.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello, I am about.

Pod is okay I guess. I think Merk's points on Kat are pretty fair too.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Gonna side with Ix on this one.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kat Delacour posted:

There hasn't been anything I've really felt a strong reaction too. My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt. I've never actually been good at this game I'm just good with excel.

The non-auspollers I can't read as they talk in more injokes than we do and I've never really figured the forensic linguist style of Mafia. It feels like justifications to push an agenda rather than actual data. I do projections on who people vote for, patterns, cracking the night action outcomes, and that never really gets going until d2. I don't trust my guts without SOME data for backup since the Mario game. It's not scummy, it's just not my position on the field.

This seems very, very breakable.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kat Delacour posted:

It helps in Auspol because we do nothing but shitpost and fight but yes it's not perfect.

I do one of those things.

*headbutts EXAKT in the face*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kat, Pod, you should each write a poem. I will vote for the author of the worse poem.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hmmmmmm.

##vote Podima

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Venom Soag posted:

kept you waitign huh

When we last met we were bitter rivals.

I hope this game we can be...friends?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Venom Soag posted:

people votin bif for lookign scummy thats good

people votign kat for begin angry and mental also promising

birdy being all snarky thats not good

has the guy whos getting lynched claimed beyond town

Claimed vanilla.

Venom Soag posted:

you reckon love can bloom on the battlefeld mate?

NO NEVER.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

See this is weird to me as a new player because I figured the scumtell for getting voted out was melting down and/or desperation, so I've been actively trying to be calm and straightforward - and that's apparently a standard scum response too? Mafia is the worst :negative:

Everything is scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Chic is a weird choice.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote bromp

OK

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Kommando

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kommando posted:

I've been playing golf this afternoon and then getting stuff to work on this chair craft project this weekend, I am now catching up with the thread.

I knew it. Bif.

Always bif.

This is how people see me?
drat. I'm sorry.
I thought I was aggressive and scatterbrained until I figured a pattern and harry the target (which ends up being innocent or drops out or completely invalidated right as I effort post).

I'll try to be more engaging and thoughtful.

It's valid, I always vote you early because you always seem to draw scum when I'm playing. And you're a dangerous scum. Very canny. So when day 1 has no info, you're someone who I always suspect, which gives direction.

Lynch proof and retribution?
Or liar and ruse?

Delayed omgus?

---
Wrt the Ecco role claim it sounds, from what I know about Anidav and his love of old consoles, his admission that there are custom roles in this game and the kookyness of Ecco the dolphin, three names out, signal back. It sounds like a totally reasonable Anidav thought, not something Quidnose might make up on the spot.
I'm willing to believe it, which lines up with my suspicion of Bif being scum.

Bromplicated, I've got no reads or meta on. After this I'm going to read their post history in the thread because this is getting long.
I'm town aligned. I'm a Nintendo DS.
I think we should vote for one of the nominated people that Quidnose named because 33% or 66% is much higher chance of successfully lynching a scum than the rest.

This is scummy and defensive and focused little on finding scum.

Quid what is your role name?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd really like to hear from Quid, I got some questions.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Real talk, I lied about being an Ecco cop. My role PM told me the three people I named were handheld gaming devices so I named them to see how they would react.

Janus is NOT listed in my role PM as a handheld gaming device which means he is clearly lying here. This coming out of nowhere is hella suspicious. ##vote Janus

I thought you were lying once I thought about it some.

Why is Janus's statement a contradiction with what your PM says? Does your PM list all hand held units?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So basically, Quidnose is claiming a role that is like town, but with an extra win condition then. Strange.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also, here's the thing that threw me. Quidnose claimed ecco cop, but this is an Auspol mod, and they'd be unlikely to use that terminology. When Kommando was confused I got thrown and thought about that.

I'm thinking right now it's Quid and we go from there.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You've lied once. You are probably lying now. My position on third parties has been vetted in numerous games. This is the right vote.

I agree with Merk.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I guess normally I would agree with you because I also am like "get rid of all 3p early" but in this case I can help :/

You can also help once you flip and we can determine the level of truth in your statements.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Quid

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

This role was far too hard for me especially in a giant game full of people who I have no idea of the meta with. Use my flip to get information. Go town.

##vote Quidnose

Works for me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Could always vote MMG instead, just sayin'.

This is scummy in the context of the day.

I'd very much like to see what happens in light of Quid's claim, and that can be a useful driver for the next couple of days. That said, this action kicks that can down the road. As Bif is one of the candidates, I find this exceptionally suspicious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quid I will give you a gentle kiss.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's also obviously bullshit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

:lol: really? Well if Kash was bullshitting too at least that'll be way more straightforward to clear up.

Btw for future reference, I am getting more suss on CCKeane now for calling my trying to keep scumhunting "scummy in context of the day".

That's fine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, I've been busy with the weekend and watching the fight tonight (Which was great btw)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think Bif is scum right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, I think some people who wanted to get the case off of the Quidnose bit were scum looking for townie cred when he flipped (for them) as town.

I think Bif's attempts to move the conversation away from Quid is part of this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Overreaching. Next highest on my scum list now.

MMG, CCKeane, iajanus.

How positively spooky.

I think a pretty drat important thing to point out here is that eliminating Quidnose was objectively the correct move for town to take.

I don't see MMG at all, but I also skipped like 200 posts because you all post while I'm sleeping you whacky folks you. What's the case.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

why are you awake anyway keane

I literally never sleep, I am a robot.

You know this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

i get why you don't understand humor then

But my name is JokeBot 5000. :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

life is the real joke

I enjoyed the red zone channel skit

Thanks man!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I started posting because my coughing woke me up and wouldn't stop rear end in a top hat

Does your face hurt, Taste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

Why no, Keane. It doesn't, whatever would make you ask that~~~

WELL IT'S KILLING ME AHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Locked thread