Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Quidnose was on the nose and we got a potential SK.

Quidnose posted:

Remember all these posts when I flip, town~

Kashuno posted:

It's painfully obvious quid isn't going to flip scum

Kashuno posted:

I resign myself to my death

now Kashuno can you please post up. Have you lost your power? you're not dead so help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I'm a really lovely flavor cop. I roll a d10, based on my roll I get flavor info; the higher the better. Rolling a 1 results in permanent server disconnect. I lied to get another dua of results. A 3 on mmg revealed to me that he had a cartridge slot and 2 controller ports. I rolled an 8 on bif but will not reveal results unless they want me to

sorry does this mean you believe mmg or what?

we also have a lot of lurkers just idling by.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So how do lovers work? It's lynch one get both, yeah?

one dies, day or night, both die.
sometimes there is a delay.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I also think bif is scum but also CCKeane

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I dont have any history on imgay but my gut is leaning towards town. MMG doesn't quite stand out either unlike CCKeane and bromplicated.

iajanus, bif and taste :shrug:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

And then I slept for like 7 hours and there were like 5 posts wtf auspols

it was after midnight

Kashuno posted:

My guess is you're a PSP. You can connect to the PlayStation network and have one joystick.

psp has two slidey joysticks

Bifauxnen posted:

A joystick? Do you mean a d-pad? I'm sitting here imagining any handheld with a joystick stickin' off it and that's hilarious. But yeah. I'm a PSP.

I won't say what I can do now, but I get a bonus power if the Nintendo DS dies before me. Once Kommando straight-up claimed DS, I started thinking that he's more likely town, since the competitor I want to out-do would be the real DS, not a clone. Probably.

Maybe he doesn't have a mirror of my condition if he was so upfront about claiming it, but after I got put on the list of handhelds, and the other one claimed a game boy, he might've worked it out. Come to think of it, you might've worked it out too. So I don't consider this hard proof of your ability, but I hope if Kommando is town he'll rethink his vote on me. Cause he'd be town himself despite the advantage I would gain if he dies.

aight, why would a townie get bonus powers if another townie dies, I can understand nurses and deputies but this is plain odd. this doesn't make you sound more town.
Quidnose 3p got extra abilities when he met certain conditions.
this sounds a bit similar.

Anidav, you've made a strange game.

imgay posted:

is drongo some sick australian insult?

yes

So let me get this perfectly clear, venom Soag is Asphyxious?

and EXACT Science has disappeared. merk is absentee playing.

Well :dogbutton:

##vote merk

he's supposed to be some sort of prolific poster but I think is being deliberately quiet

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Venom Soag posted:

kommando merk has lurked like last three games

not knowing the history it looked scum as hell.

Also Exact Science, do you have nothing to add, or did someone mention to you your absenteeism was being noticed.

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought an ability that told me to go get one specific poster and having that poster be scum would be a bit too convenient. The DS and PSP being in competition outside of the main clone conflict also made some flavor sense. So you don't have a mirror of my condition where you gain a bonus from the PSP dying first?

I'm officially over Kash's ability though, its either garbage or he's scum, or both. Or maybe Kommando's being a butt cause he wants me to die.

I do not get any bonus from anyone dying. hence why i think yours is 3p or scum because it doesnt sound like a backup power role.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Venom Soag posted:

nontentu 64 vt

sounds like a clone name.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tommunist, tbk, merk, nartcotics all are barely interacting.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Hiipfire hasnt posted for two days and added nothing.

Firey_valkyrie hasnt posted all weekend.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Looking at the Quid push from yesterday, I think iajanus was the scummiest person on it.

After the swing to Quid starts, he suggests that we vote for someone who's "actually scummy," but doesn't give any indication as to who he thinks that would be and doesn't pose any alternatives for us to vote for, since he doesn't have a vote down. Then, when we get close to deadline, he plonks down this vote on Quid:

This, again, comes after he's spent the entire day without casing or voting anyone else, and feels like he's trying to gain town-cred if Quid somehow flips something that's pro-town.

So far today, his contributions have been a non-specific lurker callout, and a post saying that Taste has rocketed to the top of his scumlist, but with no reasoning of his own or even a vote on his new top scumread. It doesn't feel like he's coming from a town perspective at all.

##vote iajanus

I agree with this reasoning.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Though for the record the only distinctive pattern seems to be phone = 3p

then we should be looking for an ngage... and an android phone?

for now I'm feeling like ##vote iajanus

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Venom Soag = gaspy?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

iajanus posted:

The case that was on the table was a bunch of posting about minutiae that wasn't making any headway. I wanted us to try to start moving in a more productive direction. Ironically we are now, just against me, which is nice on the level that we're now looking at more useful data but less nice insofar as I'm vanilla town so scum are likely enjoying me being the focus of attention.

I agree with Taste's comment about the coincidental timing of merk popping into the thread seemingly apropos of nothing more than being mentioned for not doing so; it could be that merk has been busy just reading and only posting when able to but it's a little weird, much like the couple of people jumping in to support him and declare him town immediately afterwards with no real signs either way.

I've noticed this too, merk and EXACT popping up when called on.

but Quidnose admitted to lying and lying about a very scummy role. And you were saying hold on because what? that there was no more obvious target? that was not minutiae, it was a 3p lying about their role. then confessing to lying and then claiming to have an even more obtuse and scummy role.

Wanna explain this vote, merk?

quoting because merk will probably miss it.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Meaning, he's not really invested in this game if he's town, or he's lurking scum.

It's unfortunate as he's a good town player and a poor scum one

Does this mean he is being poor scum by being bad town?

should we lynch merk in your opinion?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Venom Soag posted:

thouhgts: scum, scum

tryign to frame me as gimmick postign is a scum tactic from earlier games and wont work a second time

like switchign the controller to port 2 vs psyco mantits
[video=youtube]2P5qbcRAXVk[/video]
https://youtu.be/2P5qbcRAXVk

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

then let's lighten the load.

merk :silent: is at worst scum, at best useless.

##vote merk

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I gather that.
I draw my gaze at iajanus, EXACT, bromp and bif, but only because hiip, merk and tbk have posted less times than Anidav the GM has and so I've got nothing to go on.

and of those times merk has bumbled in and said that he's not reading the thread.

while not precisely scummy, it's not helping town.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

useless quiet townies are still townies, don't take my irritation vote as saying quiet town = scum.

but right now merk is a coin flip whether they turn up scum to me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Ehhhhh, I'm pretty sure you're off base here.

I'm feeling Bif pretty hard.

can you convince anyone else to vote bif, because I'll vote bif.

or are you just observing.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bifs not high on my suspect list, but higher than mmg who's suspicion seems to be based on a flavor call from kashuno, who's untrustworthy at best, about a topic I certainly do not have the same level of sperg that Anidav has. I couldn't tell you what consoles from my pre teens had cartridge slots or discs.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Is it possible the scum are all handhelds and the town are all consoles? Helps that I'm a vanilla town console, of course.

I do not agree with your speculation.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

mmg, that bad reasoning has to be a townie with no info connecting the dots.

you're ok.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Alright, so I've put a theory out there and it's provoked some discussion at least. Anybody have any better ideas?

merk, for uncaring absenteeism.
bif for having a convoluted role that improves with a townie death, like Quidnose had.
tbk for not playing.
EXACT Science for lamp genie appearances

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

nope.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bif are you goading me into voting for a townie?

iajanus is making noise and attracting attention, im pointing out lurkers who were giving a free pass on or those who only pop up when called.

votefinder, when is deadline? what's it at?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

If you guys cant manage to lynch anybody good though, feel free to pile on me at deadline so we can make some progress and show Kommando as full of poo poo.

:smugjones:

what the actual gently caress bif.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

You know what the actual gently caress, stop playing it up and lynch somebody better like iajanus if you're all concerned

n-gage got enraged.

##vote Bifauxnen

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

What the gently caress is this

she has admitted to powers that get better when a townie, specifically, I die.

that's complex and Quidnose had a similar power set that changed with townie death.

I think that's scum.

I don't think she's a PSP, I think she's the Nokia N-gage.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it's not flavour, it's powers and claims.

if I change to vote for iajanus, will you go after me for changing?

I'm not done with you.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Thanks bud :buddy:

you're welcome gal.

:cheers:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

iajanus posted:

Since it's looking likely I'll be voted out let's all pay attention to where the main thrust against me's been coming from for when you find out my alignment.

Bif has been pretty strident but also consistent and well reasoned. Whilst it could be scum with a focused plan it seems genuine to me.
Exact has been popping up as if on cue and has also been pretty gungho about pushing everyone onto me. Also gotten defended by Bif without any real grounds.
Kommando has been trying to use the roles to actually work out people's motivation, although with a strong focus on Bif for some reason I can't put my finger on.
Kat jumped in with some actual reasons against particular people but then voted for me out of "convenience" even after pointing out some decent leads.
Otherwise it's time for more people to come out of the woodwork at the last moment for the inevitable lynching party so hopefully you learn something useful from this all.

She has admitted to having a power that gets better when i die.

Bifauxnen posted:

A joystick? Do you mean a d-pad? I'm sitting here imagining any handheld with a joystick stickin' off it and that's hilarious. But yeah. I'm a PSP.

I won't say what I can do now, but I get a bonus power if the Nintendo DS dies before me. Once Kommando straight-up claimed DS, I started thinking that he's more likely town, since the competitor I want to out-do would be the real DS, not a clone. Probably.

Maybe he doesn't have a mirror of my condition if he was so upfront about claiming it, but after I got put on the list of handhelds, and the other one claimed a game boy, he might've worked it out. Come to think of it, you might've worked it out too. So I don't consider this hard proof of your ability, but I hope if Kommando is town he'll rethink his vote on me. Cause he'd be town himself despite the advantage I would gain if he dies.

no lovers thing, no nurse/deputy thing.

I'm a DS.

Anidav posted:

*The consoles stumble upon a lamp*

DS, rub it.

Touch tooouchtouuuuch

The Apple iPhone (Quidnose) has been lynched! (3rd Party Lyncher, becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed)
It is now Night 2.
Night actions to me!
Thread unlocks 12:30pm tomorrow; Brisbane Time.

becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed

Becomes more powerful if certain handhelds are lynched or killed...

becomes more powerful

certain handhelds.

Look, draw your own conclusion. But this looks like a pattern to me.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

What are we at votefinder?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

quote:

Not Voting (4): fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Kat Delacour, thatbastardken
absent.

Bifauxnen posted:

Kom I think if anything it refers to the fact that Nintendo's had to make an uneasy alliance with their competition to stop the clones. We're supposed to be banding together, but if we pull out ahead of you along the way its a bonus. I haven't been moving on you since you claimed until just now when I thought you were trying to save Janus, cause i'd rather keep a townie than get a bonus power that I prolly don't need.

I dont think we're facing a scum team, i think we're facing some 3ps.

I think you're one of them.

I think one/some of the lurkers are too

but some are going to have to change their votes to lynch iajanus.

and we have 7 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:redhammer:

A lynchless day is a bad day.

Bif.
Tomorrow.

##vote iajanus

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

remember that time i was a psychiatrist and i put a hammer through my patient's skull.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

yes, Nintendo DS, like 5 times. in bold and making a case against Bifauxnen.

who needs to die.
##vote Bifauxnen

(Anidav, can you make it explicit that GBA was town. I'm assuming GBA was killed by genesis3?)

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it'd not flavour poo poo, it's role claims.

clone.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it's even on this page.

quote:

Bifauxnen posted:

iajanus posted:

Since it's looking likely I'll be voted out let's all pay attention to where the main thrust against me's been coming from for when you find out my alignment.

Bif has been pretty strident but also consistent and well reasoned. Whilst it could be scum with a focused plan it seems genuine to me.
Exact has been popping up as if on cue and has also been pretty gungho about pushing everyone onto me. Also gotten defended by Bif without any real grounds.
Kommando has been trying to use the roles to actually work out people's motivation, although with a strong focus on Bif for some reason I can't put my finger on.
Kat jumped in with some actual reasons against particular people but then voted for me out of "convenience" even after pointing out some decent leads.
Otherwise it's time for more people to come out of the woodwork at the last moment for the inevitable lynching party so hopefully you learn something useful from this all.

She has admitted to having a power that gets better when i die.

Bifauxnen posted:

no lovers thing, no nurse/deputy thing.

I'm a DS.

Anidav posted:

*The consoles stumble upon a lamp*

DS, rub it.

Touch tooouchtouuuuch

The Apple iPhone (Quidnose) has been lynched! (3rd Party Lyncher, becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed)
It is now Night 2.
Night actions to me!
Thread unlocks 12:30pm tomorrow; Brisbane Time.

becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed

Becomes more powerful if certain handhelds are lynched or killed...

becomes more powerful

certain handhelds.

Look, draw your own conclusion. But this looks like a pattern to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

all of the above phyx, she and kashuno are drawing attention away from what I'm yelling about.

• Locked thread