Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kommando posted:

not knowing the history it looked scum as hell.

Also Exact Science, do you have nothing to add, or did someone mention to you your absenteeism was being noticed.

I do not get any bonus from anyone dying. hence why i think yours is 3p or scum because it doesnt sound like a backup power role.

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey I'm here, I've been out of the office the past few days, and haven't had a ton of opporunities to post. Rereading the last couple of days now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Looking at the Quid push from yesterday, I think iajanus was the scummiest person on it.

iajanus posted:

I'd suggest we just vote on who's actually acting scummy, rather than thinking that we already have an exhaustive list of the handhelds like it's the most important thing in the game. I mean, it'll be sad for me if it's I get lynched because of that kind of reason, but I guess once I'm dead you'll get to see that my role is a GBC and that the reason for lynching wasn't based on sound footing.

That being said, I'm now interested in looking more at Quid since that was a pretty big swing to come out with - it may have just been a semantic misreading of the role but I'm looking more carefully for other signs now...

After the swing to Quid starts, he suggests that we vote for someone who's "actually scummy," but doesn't give any indication as to who he thinks that would be and doesn't pose any alternatives for us to vote for, since he doesn't have a vote down. Then, when we get close to deadline, he plonks down this vote on Quid:

iajanus posted:

In the interests of getting a lynch today I'll ##vote Quidnose, but only because not voting for anybody would be worse. I'm still wavering on the side of this being an honest miscalculation but I don't think anyone'll be a better target in the remaining time.

This, again, comes after he's spent the entire day without casing or voting anyone else, and feels like he's trying to gain town-cred if Quid somehow flips something that's pro-town.

So far today, his contributions have been a non-specific lurker callout, and a post saying that Taste has rocketed to the top of his scumlist, but with no reasoning of his own or even a vote on his new top scumread. It doesn't feel like he's coming from a town perspective at all.

##vote iajanus

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

iajanus posted:

Actually, I said that we were focusing on the flavour and not in any way trying to actually ferret out people acting like scum. I then said that I was suspicious of Quid, but not sure - I never implied that I actually had a different suspicion. I then, later, posted that I'd vote for Quid in the interest of securing a lynch because nobody had presented as a better option but I still wasn't 100% convinced. Was that a misreading of what I wrote or trying to put words in my mouth?

You were casting doubt on the case currently on the table, but weren't making any contributions to scumhunting yourself. You were perfectly content to just go with the flow and not make any pushes, which to me says that you're scum just trying to go with the flow and not draw heat.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If you wanted us to start moving in a more productive direction (than dunking the claimed 3P), why not make a case, or cast a vote, or really do anything other than just bemoan the current case?

• Locked thread