Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The running c plot for one elementary episode was Sherlock disarming a series of timed explosive devices, Season 2 episode 17.
Doubting there will be a brownstone -> brownpebble moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

The running c plot for one elementary episode was Sherlock disarming a series of timed explosive devices, Season 2 episode 17.
I like that the mysterious bomb guy can only do one type of bomb, using water bottle refills. He's proud of that. It's his thing.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Probably just making-do with supplies left over from his last project.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Doubting there will be a brownstone -> brownpebble moment.

He disarmed this bomb like a pro.

Iranian exposition lady would have been better if the info spread out over the season imo.

Morland new evil overlord :twisted: But that scene where he reveals that it was his whole life's work and not just a single action that lead to Sabine being killed was good.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Morland 10/10 would wait four seasons for him to show up, again (if required).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did want a callback to the gemstone though. But I think that's the idea, that it's a way to keep a Morland connection even if Noble can't show up (like Dormer).

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That was a very low key season finale.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

That was a very low key season finale.

I'll take it after last year's emotional devastation

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I thought it wrapped up really nicely, although yea, it was somewhat low key tension wise. I hope they bring Morland back from time to time because he's a fantastic character, but it doesn't sound like they will based on what he said about ~the organization~ cutting off all operations in New York.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think that Morland episodes are now as doable as Moriarty ones. As in, they could happen at any time but we shouldn't expect them with regularity.

And Morland episodes could still happen in New York, but they'd have to be Morland-Morland doings and not Morlandarty ones.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Was surprised and a bit disappointed this was the finale. Definitely underwhelming, but Morland did kill it all season so at least we had that.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Morland: "I'm going to say a whole bunch of poo poo that will make you reconsider your relationship with Watson in a game-changing, season-finale-worthy way."
Watson: "gently caress that poo poo, that dude's an rear end in a top hat."
Sherlock: "Pretty much, yeah. Why was I listening to him again?"

This show :allears:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Morland: "I'm going to say a whole bunch of poo poo that will make you reconsider your relationship with Watson in a game-changing, season-finale-worthy way."
Watson: "gently caress that poo poo, that dude's an rear end in a top hat."
Sherlock: "Pretty much, yeah. Why was I listening to him again?"

This show :allears:

When Morland was going through his unsubtle break-up suggestion, I was waiting for Sherlock to be like "Yeah we tried that after the Mycroft thing... Didn't really take."

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
When Morland was going through his unsubtle break-up suggestion, I was expecting Sherlock to spare a thought for Fiona, but then it turned out he thought of Joan first. I wonder if that's intentional or if the writers just like to forget about Sherlock's girlfriend when they can't use it for a good plot point.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Please please let there be one episode before this show ends where Morland and Moriarty square off.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Then Morland will figure out that she is his daughter from a fling.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oz posted:

When Morland was going through his unsubtle break-up suggestion, I was expecting Sherlock to spare a thought for Fiona, but then it turned out he thought of Joan first. I wonder if that's intentional or if the writers just like to forget about Sherlock's girlfriend when they can't use it for a good plot point.

Coming in late because I caught up late, but no. Morland asked Sherlock to consider the person who means the most to him, but that person isn't his girlfriend and both of them know it. It was made clear in the first five minutes of the first episode that Sherlock sees sexual partners as interchangeable and the emotional attachments that go with a relationship as a distraction. Watson, on the other hand, is irreplaceable and unique.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
New season starts today!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Woo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Awesome. I'm working on creating a thread for the next season.

EDIT: Here it is! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792943

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 2, 2016

• Locked thread