Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

johntfs posted:

Or doing a solid for his mother-in-law, Margaret Thatcher. Sherlock was probably born in 1976, Maggie would've would have been 51 and Morland about 27. Margaret's daughter Carol would have been 22-23 though.

If Sherlock is the same age as Jonny Lee Miller, he was born in 1972.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

He said "one of" the most convincing liars.

Yes, but his benchmark is Moriarty.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Scorchy posted:

I like the when Sherlock finds out about the Hector guy's beating, he doesn't ask Watson if she was involved. He just skips straight to "no worries I've got your alibi ready".

Well, he didn't have to ask if she was involved if he knew she had an alibi.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The reveal that Sherlock's mom was an addict was good. Loving all the plots involved with Morland.

We also now know that Sherlock is 41 and Mycroft is a year older.

I've figured out what I like most about Elementary. Sherlock has his flights of genius, but they're not the crutch on which the investigations rest. We also see him and Watson doing real investigative work, acquiring the information from which he draws his conclusions. It's good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

When did Sherlock move on to first name terms with Bell? He normally refers to him as "Detective Bell", but this episode he referred to him twice as "Marcus".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oz posted:

When Morland was going through his unsubtle break-up suggestion, I was expecting Sherlock to spare a thought for Fiona, but then it turned out he thought of Joan first. I wonder if that's intentional or if the writers just like to forget about Sherlock's girlfriend when they can't use it for a good plot point.

Coming in late because I caught up late, but no. Morland asked Sherlock to consider the person who means the most to him, but that person isn't his girlfriend and both of them know it. It was made clear in the first five minutes of the first episode that Sherlock sees sexual partners as interchangeable and the emotional attachments that go with a relationship as a distraction. Watson, on the other hand, is irreplaceable and unique.

• Locked thread