Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

buddhanc posted:

I loving love this show. It'll be hard for me to see sherlock's father as anyone other than silly, bumbling walter bishop.

I've got the same problem except it's Walternate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Man, I had to google who Morland was.

(He's Walter, btw.)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
He's a good character but I hate the pasta hankerings

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I don't know. Criminals are very often panicky dumbshits who make bizarre decisions. And while such cases would seldom reach Holmes as regular policing clears them up easily enough, this one just happened to involve commercial explosives and an accidental cartel misdirect.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
BBC's Sherlock thinks viewers want to vicariously feel like special snowflakes. How do you fit Hounds of Baskerville into that? Answer: Poorly.

Elementary doesn't have that problem. I expect they'll do a little better.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Episodes this good make me worry all the more about our new time slot :ohdear:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

On the other hand, Joan knowing all the super heroes' back-stories because her brother was a fan was pretty dumb. I certainly can't go into that sort of detail on stuff my siblings like.

Oh man, I loved that. I took it as implying that her experience in dealing with spergy obsessives goes back to her early childhood.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

It would've been a lot more interesting if they weren't related and their only connection was Mycroft having a thing for middle-aged Asian-American professionals and seeing them both at the same time. That would've opened some intriguing possibilities.

Plus, it would've been absolutely hilarious. Much better than the sister, who's kind of a poo poo. I just watched the first episode and hope the second gets rid of her somehow.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I thought Joan was being obnoxious and the sister's attitude and reaction was pretty understandable.

She was immediately cagey and manipulative. Her, 'help me or you're a pussy,' line to Holmes was enough that I want her gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Tiggum posted:

That's really just a hazard of the genre. The best writers make it look like a magic trick, leaving the audience utterly confused until the reveal when everything falls into place. Less good writers have to explain stuff along the way, and since you can't address the audience directly you have to have one character explain things to another that they should already understand.

So do I. I think she's a really good character.

I find that hard to believe. I haven't watched much of The Blacklist, but it's worse than Arrow? Worse than The Vampire Diaries?

It went from B-grade television puffed up by James Spader's Spadering to In Which James Spader Receives A Regular Paycheck.

After the writing hit --

Keen: "Red's been shot!"

Man #1: "Getting shot's bad!"

-- levels of quality, I bailed. It's unwatchable.

• Locked thread