Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
I should probably get an offshore bank account to protect myself in the future after I make it big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

all my savings are in precious metals

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

mishaq posted:

all my savings are in precious metals

I get mixed messages when one Glenn beck ad tells me to buy gold, another wants to give me cash for gold, and then a third ad tells me to buy silver. all in the same commercial break.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
oh right time to do taxes... *pulls into strip mall with dancing man dressed as statue of liberty out front*

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Sagebrush posted:

ooc: i'm so rich that i don't really understand this one...this means that the person doesn't have a bank account, right?

ooc: yup. if you have a check which says suntrust on it you can cash it at a suntrust, even if you don't have an account there (or anywhere else). I learned this when my landlord complained when I switched from suntrust to a local credit union and got a new checkbook, and I couldn't understand why that mattered to her

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

im really mad about banking fees

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

PCjr sidecar posted:

well if you were looking for somebody with expertise with toxins

so i said "like em? i barely polonium!"

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

mishaq posted:

all my savings are in my mattress

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

craisins posted:

I never get sick, so a high-deductible plan is better for me!

I never get sick so why should I vote for socialized health care if it means I have to pay to support all the people who do, I bet they're all smokers :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

creationist believer posted:

oh right time to do taxes... *pulls into strip mall with dancing man dressed as statue of liberty out front*

*gets $50 a day to be the dancing man dressed as the statue of liberty*

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Lol!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
just got a sick tattoo of a caffeine molecule

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

bobbilljim posted:

just got a sick tattoo of a caffeine molecule

i have that too but mine's in japanese

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i have that too but mine's in japanese

ooc i loved this site http://hanzismatter.blogspot.com/

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
that mcpick 2 looks pretty enticing and I'm excited to see mickey ds take on mozzarella sticks

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I have nicknames for my favorite fast food restaurants

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I have thousands in collections but I'm planning a trip for spring.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

eric posted:

I have thousands in collections but I'm planning a trip for spring.

i have six figure negative net worth but i take multiple lavish vacations every year

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

rip

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

gonna have an expensive vacation this weekend!

*googles one tank trips*

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I don't reject the first offer letter hr sends me for a new role

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

i have six figure negative net worth but i take multiple lavish vacations every year

on the contrary that seems like a pro strat if you can get away with it.

i on the other hand regard discharging debt as a moral failing despite intensely burdensome interest payments.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Really stoked about pride and prejudice and zombies. I love zombie stuff its great haha

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I have massive student loans and payments but instead of paying them I'm going to spend all of my money on leasing that new ford superduty. 72 month lease, boys.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

public service loan forgiveness is an integral part of my financial planning

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i have student loans, because my parents weren't able to fully pay for my college education, and/or i took out loans to attend graduate school to obtain a non-professional non-terminal degree

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I moved to Europe so I don't have to pay my loans. I never wanna go back to America anyway, or work for an American corporation, which should be easy because I can't get a job with my $160,000 dollar film degree. My parents co-signed the loans though so they'll be on the hook, that sucks but they don't have much money anyway.

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 27, 2016

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i flee the country from 30-40k of debt

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
well someone has to transfer all that money from the boomers back to the banks, otherwise how will they loan it out to the next generation?

edit: no probe for ooc, this is not ooc.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This thread sucks poo poo. Like loling at people who parents can't afford to educate them...its really weird to attack people you perceive as below yourself for 90 pages. Just saying y'all.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This thread sucks poo poo. Like loling at people who parents can't afford to educate them...its really weird to attack people you perceive as below yourself for 90 pages. Just saying y'all.

we're ~role-playing~ and i'm nearly certain that most of the things listed in this thread actually happened to the posters in this thread at one point in their own lives, except maybe the really dumb ones like leasing a truck or voting Republican.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i take on five figgie debt for a ~*semester abroad*~ as my first experience outside the us

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i do a semester abroad in a city in my own country an hours' drive from my main campus

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i am completely undeterred from taking on debt to pay for anything, from a pack of gum to a house

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I maxed out all of my credit cards and took out a home equity loan before loving off to my home country.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

all of my posts have been true.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i finally paid off my car today. i wish i could put the extra 200/month toward paying down my credit cards, but that can't happen until i hit my health insurance deductible. does new zealand have high deductible health plans, i wonder

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

As a Millennial I posted:

i finally paid off my car today. i wish i could put the extra 200/month toward paying down my credit cards, but that can't happen until i hit my health insurance deductible. does new zealand have high deductible health plans, i wonder

NZ has free healthcare entirely. though for stuff like dental poo poo if u want it free u have to bascially have no job because u need to line up all day. also my 5 figgie job give me health insurance for free and also my wife so we can get nice treatment like in a room with a tv for example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

bobbilljim posted:

NZ has free healthcare entirely. though for stuff like dental poo poo if u want it free u have to bascially have no job because u need to line up all day. also my 5 figgie job give me health insurance for free and also my wife so we can get nice treatment like in a room with a tv for example

at my five figgy job, i paid 4k in premiums for the two of us, and then had to pay another 3k before the health insurance actually paid for anything.

• Locked thread