Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
If you're having fun with RCR, take a break and check out a translated Riki Kunio sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd14C6WMqwM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Acro Circus isn't the first book I'd get, but it's a god drat destroyer later on.

Acro Circus with 99 AG or running full speed and throwing a weapon at someone with Throw 99 are my two favorite things in the game.

(its been a while, these all might cap out at 60 or something i dont' know)

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Oh my god, 3m31s, I'm dying.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
By the time the next set of videos comes out, they'll be dragon kicking boxes into enemies across the screen, rebounding off the walls with Acro Circus and one shotting enemies with a thrown weapon like pros.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Fun fact: The different gang member sprites all have different stats that raise accordingly in power depending the gang they're in. Like there's one guy who kicks the hardest, one with the highest defense, one who punches hardest, etc.

There's generally no noticeable in game effect, but one exception.

One guy in each gang has almost twice the stamina of the other members. So he'll almost NEVER go down the first time you KO him.

This guy is an rear end in a top hat.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
This is one of those Berenstein/Berenstain Bears things.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I know you record these in advance, but as a heads up, money dropped is based on the gang that shows up, not the zone.

For the gangs you've encountered, it's something like Generic Dudes < Frat Guys < Home Boys < Jocks < Mob

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Hahahaha, I see you met the high powered version of Andy (my own name for him because he somehow looks exactly like a guy I knew in school), aka the Stamina Monster.

The guy you beat up right before him is Ford for similar reasons.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 29, 2015

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I've never really understood why emulators that are on decidedly better hardware than what they're emulating still have the same issues with hardware limitations.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Go ahead and get Dragon Kick, but please, for the love of God, one of you learn acro circus and figure out how to use it so we can see the ensuing shenanigans.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
None of these things are Acro Circus

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
But before any of that, you should go back to the very first mall and get Acro Circus.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I can't believe you're going to leave me hanging like that. Buying Acro Circus and not using it.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
So I did a search and I'm legitimately shocked that this didn't seem to come up in the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWDEs434hA

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Yessss YESSSSS

Now crank your strength and agility and destroy everything in your way

Also, Acro Circus will make you rebound off of walls, so have fun abusing that.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
You're killing Benny and Clyde the same way I do now.

By flipping into them to death.

:allears:

You've grown so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
My first time beating Simon/Slick was equally anti-climactic as I beat him to death in the corner with a trash can/grand slam combo.

Anyway, the Dragon Twins are the real final boss, Simon is the victory lap.

Okay, I should add in that I enjoyed the LP overall, not sure what you should tackle next, but I'll be interested to see it. Maybe something on the more modern end? Maybe with a bit more story in it?

Iunno, I likey, keep doing.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 17, 2016

• Locked thread