Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
Will be posting my gifts from Phone tomorrow. Have been out for the holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
The involved parties have been emailed, so don't worry if you don't see anything in your email. Unless your name is DefaultPeanut, don't worry. :cop:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

mysterious poster who thought it would be funny to do a monthly Amazon subscribe-and-save on these:

The fact that Amazon will S&S headgaskets is glorious.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Been away for a week and a bit, there is a AI:SS waiting. Will post tomorrow what's inside.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

-A bottle of some tasty looking :siren:THE DOMINATOR:siren: strong ale
-A goddamn Brembo caliper that probably has more stopping power than my Mini
-Sweet thin stainless Kawasaki sunglasses that will work perfectly in my helmet
-Rivets, hacksaw blades, drill bits, countersink bit and airline quick disconnect

I didn't see your username anywhere but thanks for the awesome presents! Now I'm tempted to see if I can adapt bike calipers onto the Mini...
I have a ton of rivets, blind and solid. If you need any for building cool race car stuff let me know. Assloads of clecos too, if you are going to get that fancy.
If another caliper comes up, I'll see if I can send it your way! Good enough to stop a KTM RC8, good enough for a mini. The quick disco stays retracted when no female fitting is in there, cool stuff.

My santa, helno, did some solid legwork! Thank you!

I got a very cool note with the strangest way of affixing two sheets of paper together. Tell me more.

Opening the heavy box, I was greeted by a bunch of packing peanuts. There was a lot of these things in the box, I filled a bowl with them. They seemed to work pretty drat well too.
KD is the perfect snack after smashing your knuckles working on mother Mopar's finest a Jeep.

HOLY BALLS Do they really use enough salt in your neck of the woods to do this to a 2010 Ranger? My B2200 is rusty, but it looks like your Ranger is returning to earth one winter at a time.

There is some cool wine with a VW van on it and a some delicious looking 10W30 beer, I cant wait to try! A superior German CV joint made the cut. It probably runs quieter than a brand new OEM Jeep CV. The beer and the top clamp got into a bit of a rumble on the way over. Looks like the beer won, with but a small dent in it. Despite what the note said, I will wear that shirt while talking to customers, trying to convince them that I know what I am doing. May need some bbq sauce stains to seal the deal.

Thanks santa!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I always figured helno was vaguely Scandinavian or something. That's wicked, I wish I had thought of Kraft Dinner and searched out one of the old boxes.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I always figured helno was vaguely Scandinavian or something. That's wicked, I wish I had thought of Kraft Dinner and searched out one of the old boxes.

So is there an actual difference between Kraft Dinner and the blue box mac & cheese you find in most of the US?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

A package arrived for me on the 23rd, but I wasn't able to pick it up until today.

On the outside, everything looks completely innocuous, but looks can be deceiving.

Inside, I found a treatise on how to make a proper british cuppa (RIP Douglas Adams) and a number of packages, one of them very suspicious in shape and feel, with a big "NWS" warning on it :ohdear:

And here we go, all unpacked:

(Cigar overlaid for discretion)

A very fine haul indeed!

• A box of Cadbury Fabolous Fingers :gay:
  • A jar of marmite!
  • Some small baggies, each containing an unknown quantity of unidentified plant material.
  • Some magic pebbles for my stereo. Not quite as shiny-looking as the real thing, but these look like they will give it a warmer, more earthy tone.
  • A homemade continuity tester from my santa's workplace (neat!)
  • A windup torch/flashlight that is actually surprisingly bright. Plus a neat carbon fiber tag, which I think is actually the first carbon fiber object I've ever owned :)
  • And a bottle opener in the shape of a "woodpecker" :v:
  • And of course a proper British Christmas card from my secret santa, Freelop.

Thank you for the fine gifts, Freelop you limey bastard! Merry Christmas! :v:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 28, 2015

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

DefaultPeanut posted:

I got a very cool note with the strangest way of affixing two sheets of paper together. Tell me more.

HOLY BALLS Do they really use enough salt in your neck of the woods to do this to a 2010 Ranger? My B2200 is rusty, but it looks like your Ranger is returning to earth one winter at a time.

Glad you enjoyed your assorted crap.

That is a stapleless stapler that my wife has. It does that little cut and fold thing in a single press.
http://www.usefulthings.com/shop/staple-free-stapler.html

As for the rust. I cheated a bit. That was left over in my garage after replacing the rotors. I don't have any body rust yet.
However Ontario might as well be on the coast as far as salt goes. This is my fathers 2003.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

vaguely Scandinavian
Probably not a bad description of me.

helno fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 29, 2015

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

drat. Might wanna resize that mamma jamma.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Motronic posted:

Thanks Superducky!

Let's see what we've got here........

Stickers to put in confusing and inappropriate places, check. Broken stuff, check (well, maybe it's not broken, but someone doesn't have traction control anymore). I'll probably end up using the grounding strap :)

Awesome haul, thanks!

And I'm not sure if Season 1 of Emergency came from you or another (not so) mysterious poster who thought it would be funny to do a monthly Amazon subscribe-and-save on these:

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'll be using it soon.

Thanks goons!

Season 1 of Emergency was me, because I actually unironically loving love that show and own 2 and 3 on DVD. You made a comment awhile back in that "carry a fire extinguisher, please" thread about 'one too many episodes of emergency!' hopefully its a hit with your fire buddies!

Also, that secondary throttle body actuator was removed about 18 hours before an idiot friend ruined a really nice e36 m3 sedan and nearly died, use it with care! Subscribe and save wasn't me, unfortunately. Glad you liked it, hope it got there in time!

extreme_accordion posted:

Awesome! Our Notes administration retired last winter and left that. Many geeks in the office would just boggle a bit when they saw it. I figured it would be unloved in aiss but I am pleased you like it. New Glarus two women is a local craft brew from the female brewmasters New Glarus and one other local company. I found it to be an excellent lager and just an enjoyable beer. sorry about no tools or letter but this is my first time doing aISS. Did you understand the references on the box to A Christmas Story? I see you have a BMW so you need fine German tools like triple square bits another crazy stuff. Let me know if there's anything in particular I can get you later on this year? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I know I don't post a lot about computers, but I work for a company (see Motronic's gift) that is contracting for IBM, currently, so it was really awesome, thanks so much!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
A box that the office oval office signed for almost a week ago, has turned up.

THE HAUL

I thought the receiver ball duckhead was a buttplug at first... (I guess it could be if I got creative enough)
uhhh dispatched a chunk of the chocolate already, and the cheezies are down right crack, god drat. Piston looks like something from a toyota (later found out 3SGTE)
lotta sweet lil' things, some useful tools for the bus too

best of all, NEWFIE BOOZE. :D :D :D I was told that it can be a harsh mistress to be gentle. riiiiiiight. saving this for a friday

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
CAT INTERCEPTOR I just got the second half of your gift. I'll post pictures later (at lunch, haircut soon), but I'm going to have to step up my game as Santa next year. :getin:

I got this package as well as the package from the TGSS at the same time, and figured the package from Japan was from that Santa. Ha ha, nope!

Just what I wanted for Christmas, a new Honda! Happy Hondadays, CAT INTERCEPTOR.

Though I am a little ashamed that this will be my first motorcycle model.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 29, 2015

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Sorry my gifts are taking so long Santee, I shipped it on the 18th and tracking shows that the expected delivery date was yesterday but that it still hasn't arrived. Your disappointment will have to wait apparently.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

IOwnCalculus posted:

The fact that Amazon will S&S headgaskets is glorious.

I actually couldn't find the cheap? good? ones on amazon with S&S enabled, only the expensive ones :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Gift arrived, needs to be photographed.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

sharkytm posted:

Gift arrived, needs to be photographed.
Same here. Was in a rush last night but I got some awesome stuff!

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?

CornHolio posted:

Sorry my gifts are taking so long Santee, I shipped it on the 18th and tracking shows that the expected delivery date was yesterday but that it still hasn't arrived. Your disappointment will have to wait apparently.

I'm guessing you were my santa! A package arrived today, shipped indeed on the 18th, also containing parts from a vehicle that you and I both own:

Looks like the usps had it for a while despite charging plenty....

Whatever could be inside??

This definitely saw some rough handling as the air bags were 90% popped, but everything seems intact, here's the haul:

First off we have a dirty, dirty belt tensioner (pic shows the clean side):

This is something I should do soon too (or upgrade to they hydraulic), although maybe not with this one...
Next is some more BMW parts and a bag of 5 things:

A used abs sensor off a 540i, what looks to be a new CPS for a M62TU (I haven't replaced this yet, so I'll be saving this!) and a bag of 5 things. I have absolutely no idea what these are and googling them gets me nowhere. The company makes antennas, so that's what they are?
Lastly:

I've never seen these tools before, but they talk a big game. It looks like if they work, they'd be a lot easier to use than a crescent wrench giving them big potential. I have to say I'm most excited about the battery terminal, as the one on my truck is totally exposed and stupid. It looks like it has some 30a fuses built into the side terminals too?

Excellent haul, many thanks CornHolio (assuming it was you)!!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Those are some pretty cool battery terminals, wow.

As for the weird cables... that's for extending an AM/FM receive antenna cable in a car so it reaches an aftermarket stereo, or is less of a pain in the dick to plug into a factory stereo.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Deceptor101 posted:

Excellent haul, many thanks CornHolio (assuming it was you)!!

Yeah it was me. In my haste to get the package out I forgot to include a witty note!

Anyway, here's what those are:

- Some kind of gripping pliers, I dunno, I saw them and figured you could use them to get some rounded, rusty bolts off. They might come in handy. Hopefully they work.

- the five black things I'm not sure what they are either, they look like stereo grounds to me though. They could be antennae of some sort I guess. The electrical engineering dept at work was gonna pitch them and I snagged them. Edit: Or what Kastein said.

- Ditto with the big positive battery terminal. I grabbed it thinking I could use it for...something...and that something turned out to be your gift!!

The others, I know we're car buddies so I sent you some spare parts:

- A used main tensioner. I bought a replacement for my car but that wasn't what was wrong. My PS pump bracket broke and the belt pulled the pulley against the tensioner pulley, pinching the belt. The tensioner should be perfectly good, and those aren't cheap, so keep it around in case you need it.

- The ABS sensor is the same scenario - I thought one of my front sensors was out, it turned out to be the module. Perfectly functional sensor to my knowledge.

- The camshaft position sensor is brand new. I bought it, turned out the shop I'd taken my car to had loving forgot to plug it in. It was only like $11 so it wasn't worth sending back. I'd personally wait until yours fails to replace it, honestly, but that's up to you.

Hope something in there is of some use, I know my gifts aren't as cool as most others but they might keep your E39 on the road!

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 30, 2015

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

43 bags of Swedish Fish candy
Shitbox Horn
2x Can Coozies from seedy bars in FL
51965 AT Filter for a Mazda 323 (surprise surprise)
Hooters Flying Disc
VHS copy of Two Lane Blacktop, I've got to dig up a VCR and watch this... somehow
MOLLE Waistpack, Woodland Camo pattern

Thanks Leica!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You're welcome dude! Install the horn on a riding mower or something, you won't be disappointed with how underwhelming it is!

Lol I forgot about the trans filter :v:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Finally get the chance to post the awesome stuff that ZincBoy sent me!

A letter explaining just what the crap most of this is, since I wouldn't have had much of a clue.

Multi-use welding pliers! They're heavy and will be very useful in the future.

A loving silicon wafer! I wanna make it into the bitchinest coaster that ever separated a drink from a table, but I'm worried it'll break :ohdear: There's a milled aluminium block underneath it which was likely used as reinforcement for shipping.

Flappy discs! They'll even fit my HF angle grinder!

Welding rods! This accidentally-not-shite picture is now my background so as to inspire me to get off my rear end and buy a welder already.

Thanks, Zinc, you knocked it outta the park :glomp:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

KozmoNaut posted:

A package arrived for me on the 23rd, but I wasn't able to pick it up until today.

On the outside, everything looks completely innocuous, but looks can be deceiving.

Inside, I found a treatise on how to make a proper british cuppa (RIP Douglas Adams) and a number of packages, one of them very suspicious in shape and feel, with a big "NWS" warning on it :ohdear:

And here we go, all unpacked:

(Cigar overlaid for discretion)

A very fine haul indeed!

• A box of Cadbury Fabolous Fingers :gay:
  • A jar of marmite!
  • Some small baggies, each containing an unknown quantity of unidentified plant material.
  • Some magic pebbles for my stereo. Not quite as shiny-looking as the real thing, but these look like they will give it a warmer, more earthy tone.
  • A homemade continuity tester from my santa's workplace (neat!)
  • A windup torch/flashlight that is actually surprisingly bright. Plus a neat carbon fiber tag, which I think is actually the first carbon fiber object I've ever owned :)
  • And a bottle opener in the shape of a "woodpecker" :v:
  • And of course a proper British Christmas card from my secret santa, Freelop.

Thank you for the fine gifts, Freelop you limey bastard! Merry Christmas! :v:

Glad it all made it, the tea instructions were to go with the tea bags though it isn't earl grey

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

It's almost 2016 and my Santa has been lazy or delayed, haven't been emailed by Sock so I'm pretty sure he/she's not a deadbeat. Hopefully the postal system hasn't let me down :ohdearsass:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Mat_Drinks posted:

Ohhhh ok, yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all that it hasn't made it yet! European stuff often takes a long time to get here and three weeks isn't uncommon at all (seriously, just had a Christmas present for my son take 3.5 weeks from the UK). I can be patient! :)

No packages from Christmas land (Denmark) for me either :( :(

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

Safety Dance posted:

Oh god yeah machine that aluminum

What's this? 2000 grit sandpaper? Do you have any idea how many grits that is? This poo poo's so silky smooth I'd stick it in my own anus. Not that I'm gonna. Nah, this is for my santee's use only.

Aw poo poo yeah knurling operation and a fuckup where I ran the knurling tool into that big chamfer there authentic hand crafted look and feel.

I'm quite curious to know what happened with this...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Bajaha posted:

It's almost 2016 and my Santa has been lazy or delayed, haven't been emailed by Sock so I'm pretty sure he/she's not a deadbeat. Hopefully the postal system hasn't let me down :ohdearsass:

I havent gotten anything either :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Brigdh posted:

I'm quite curious to know what happened with this...

Oh, sorry, that's my bad for never posting my present pictures :kingsley:

I'll make a post in a little bit, NYE stuff goin on right now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I think I know who my Santa is and you are a drat good one!

Came from from Melbourne to a Express Post and opened it

A large jar and upon opening said jar...

I have no idea yet. Seems to be something called a Digispark version 2 Kickstarter edition. Got it plugged in and working it out now.

Cycling scarf!

The Spokey Dokes and the ear plugs made me laugh. A lot. I'm planning to put said spoeky dokes on the bike for the next triathlon :D .... And where on earth did the old cycling gloves come from?

And there was something fragile.....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT. IS. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Santa :D

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Digisparks are pretty cool. I have a bunch of the Chinese knockoff ones, they're basically gimpy Arduinos with a teeny board. Awesome for places where you need a micro but don't have a lot of room.

Build some bicycle poo poo with it.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Mat_Drinks posted:

No packages from Christmas land (Denmark) for me either :( :(

This is unacceptable, so I've Amazon Primed you a little something, should arrive Tuesday-ish. Still hope the original package makes it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I sent out Helno's santy gift three days ago. I hope he likes it :ohdear:

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

Fart Pipe posted:

I havent gotten anything either :(

Sorry to ruin it, but I am your Secret Santa. The USPS website says your package is available for pick-up at your post office. I also shipped it on the 21st, so I don't know what took so long.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

bolind posted:

This is unacceptable, so I've Amazon Primed you a little something, should arrive Tuesday-ish. Still hope the original package makes it.

Sweet, thanks man! I'll let y'all know once it comes :)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

:D

I'm glad you liked them dude, hopefully the main package when you return from your trip will be even more awesome.

Have you been watching the tracking on this? It's not here yet; my neighbors have been watching the porch so hopefully it didn't show up and get stolen.

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009
My AI:SS was Phone and he sent me a rattle can of glass cleaner, some nitrile gloves, and lint free micro fiber towels.
Fit the bill perfectly because now I don't have to buy them this year :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Pham Nuwen posted:

Have you been watching the tracking on this? It's not here yet; my neighbors have been watching the porch so hopefully it didn't show up and get stolen.

I actually have been a lovely santa and haven't got your main present shipped, but it's all packaged up and will be going out on Monday, sorry that I suck.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 2, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Terrible Robot posted:

I actually have been a lovely santa and haven't got your main present shipped, but it's all packaged up and will be going out on Monday, sorry that I suck.

It's all good with me, I was just scared that it had already arrived and been stolen or something. I think that happened to me last year, IIRC my Santa was Rhyno and his tracking showed it as delivered but I never got it (CSB sent me some cool poo poo though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Decided to give this its own post

Here are the pictures I promised of my present from my badass santa, SafetyDance.

My Santa kicked rear end this year, got an official Volvo dealership approved technician's work shirt and this nifty bit of turned metal...

The secret can now be revealed: it's a custom one-hitter pipe! It works as intended quite well, I actually really enjoy using this little pipe. Perfectly shaped to hold like a nice cigar too.

He also included his workup sketch and notes for the pipe, which I thought was neat

Thanks for the awesome presents, SafetyDance! :D

• Locked thread