Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

One of the best aspects of Jeremy is his fluid sexuality that he constantly denies. One of my favorite quotes is “4 guys? I’ve had sex with more than 4 guys and I’m basically straight.”
Though I disagree with his supposed denial. When once does he?

This show is a national treasure but isn't for everyone. It is also infinitely quotable 'I didn't go to university to get a degree, Mark!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Lycus posted:

"We're the Peep Show group and you're the Mark" is really one of the worst things you can say to someone. Worse than "we're the Always Sunny gang and you're the Dennis".
I had a flat mate once who looked and acted almost exactly like Mark. It was super surreal. My oldest friend and I have debates on which Peep Show characters we are. I think a beauty of the show is how starkly frank is it about 20something/30something single life for it's demographic. I definitely see bits of Jez and Mark in me and my friends and I'm sure most fans of the show do too. Just going to a house party and saying 'yeah cool'

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I've rewatched this show so so so many times. I like picking up little things, like Jez's allegiance to the Citizen's Advice Bureau. Like in s04e02 the Conference episode he threatens to send them on Alan.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

bango skank posted:

If Hans is dead then the twins can just play his role.
I don't think I've heard previous mention of the twins?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Peep Show on Youtube for the past years is one of my favourite sneaky secrets on the internet.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I remember when I first started with Peep Show Jez and Mark reminded me of Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect. Now rereading the guide, they remind me of Jez and Mark.

-loved the speech. Oh my goodness Robert Webb nailed the nervous stream of consciousness improvised speech so well. I swear gone into the same spiral of asking myself questions and answering them in social contexts (but like, as a joke ha ha).
-love how Super Hans is so so so very thinly veiling his insanity.
-Dobbie blossoming is a neat little character development and fixes her problem of being a bad foil.
-I love how they are giving fan service throwbacks. Final season - screw it. go for it. yay.
-I find it interesting how the technology and pop culture references make the time line screwy. I guess we can retrospectively put a good year or two between most of the early seasons.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Geokinesis posted:

I loved mark laughing about Jez drawing on him but still backing away in fear half grimacing through it.
I felt what Mark was experiencing there was what drew him to Jez at university.

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 27, 2015

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Olivia has been with the boys since varsity. Which is cool.

Another grand episode. I asked myself what I'd do when the series is finished for good. The answer is obvious. Start again with the pilot.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I just realized the last Peep Show comes out so close to the new Star Wars movie. It might even be the same day here in nz. Oh my.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

^^ I'm also in nz and it definitely doesn't show here. You need Lightbox but screw Lightbox.

Top three:
-Wedding is obligatory.
-New Years. It's the cultivation of so many running story threads. And the end point of that big chapter with Big Suz and such. 'Is that... my baby?' Oh, and super Hans party yes.
-ugghhh crap I don't know so many good ones. Any episode where Sophia and the boys go away on trips is always good. The uni episode wins the award for saddest episode.

It's strange because when I first saw the show i hated it so. So much. It was jarring. I find this a common trope in life; often what I end up loving the most starts with derision.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Well, just saw the last episode (its on the channel 4 website in the uk).

I'm not sick but I'm not well
And I'm so hot
'cause I'm in hell

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Marf Revus posted:

Try Nathan For You if you haven't
And Review. Which is an unknown gem.

I just rewatched the Christmas episode because it is Christmas. Wow! Such a strong ep. Although like many of us I've seen every episode of Peep Show a thousand times - it still holds up on rewatches. I think its because of the little lines you miss/forget. New Years Eve, the s7 finale is so strong imho. I see it as the end of the golden age of Peep Show and they totally could have ended it there. With the el dude brothers splitting up and moving on.

Speaking of rewatches, I think I haven't seen s2 in a long while. Going to do that rewatch next. Shout out to Capaldi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It reiterates. Like the last book of the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy.

• Locked thread