Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Khablam posted:

Doing a rewatch / binge this week, and one thing I've noticed is that largely, no plot really gets explored, with the possible exception of the Sophie story.
It's definitely British sitcom vintage - most of everything is episodic and the underlying story is only very slowly advanced, if at all.
That's kind of the point though. The characters are so utterly hopeless that they never properly grow or change, hence it feels as if their lives only progress in time.

That being said I do agree with this:

massive spider posted:

There was more potential in the threelationship plotline than it got. Jez's journey to bi'ness could have initially started with him agreeing to a threesome with the couple and then ended with the guys slowly pushing the girl out of the relationship.
Only reason I can't think of why they didn't go with this is they didn't know how to properly have it all blow up in Jez's face by the end since they knew they couldn't simply carry the relationship over to a next series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread