Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cerv posted:

thought it escalated far too quickly, which meant i was questioning the situation rater than just going with it.
cold calculating Mark before any panic sets in would have realised he'd need to prepare enough food for the fictitious party so April wouldn't twig that there never were any other guests. he'd probably even put thought into what's going to keep best for two days of eating leftovers.
and why was there no booze in the flat? Jeremy lives there.

this is a good point but the boys are less on their game now and their lives are falling apart sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sashimi posted:

That being said I do agree with this:
Only reason I can't think of why they didn't go with this is they didn't know how to properly have it all blow up in Jez's face by the end since they knew they couldn't simply carry the relationship over to a next series.

they didn't really have much time to do both a jeremy and mark romantic plot in the same season and mark's desperate attempts to find happiness through someone's vagina are much darker and funnier than jeremy's breezy sluttiness

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Taear posted:

What is it that people hate so much about series 8? The last episode is a bit stupid but beyond that it has the paintballing episode, if nothing else.

it's just not as funny. jez's lifecoaching thing was funny in concept but less so in execution, and otherwise it's just another season of mark's frustrated ambitions and him trying to get closer to dobby than she wants to be. they gradually let on that sophie is just as hosed up as mark which is a nice reveal and explains part of why sophie can recognize mark for who he is but have a motivation to attach herself to him anyway, but dobby's a pretty stable person if not an oddball. she'd never choose mark so it was really just waiting for the season finale to see how she would dump him

peep show is really a show about mark's attempts to find true everlasting peace and happiness in someone's vagina and failing, which isn't a concept good enough to sustain a show forever

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Y-Hat posted:

Sophie strikes me as more of a tragic character than an unlikable one. After getting jilted by Mark, her life fell apart to the point where she's completely sloshed at a children's play place.

sophie's life has never really been all that together, the first couple seasons played her straight for plotting/i guess mark saw her as this perfect woman, but by season 3 she was starting to fall into bad habits and substance abuse. marrying mark is more of a symptom than a cause

Steve2911 posted:

I always thought the dislike of Sophie was waaaaaay exaggerated. At the very least she's a perfectly normal person in the first season or two, and at worst she's an alcoholic and not a great mother.

yeah. we've never really seen sophie being an actively terrible person, she never assaults anyone. her worst failings are pretty pedestrian, there's lots of people out there who are addicts and bad parents. mark actively tries to sabotage people's lives

super hans is the same way, he's a petty criminal, polyaddict, rapist but at the end of the day he's got more inherent morality than mark

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

well he arguably raped jez, but then jez raped him right back so we can call it even

he totally raped sophie's brother though

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

hottubrhymemachine posted:

What? When did they rape each other?

the bad thing - both were too intoxicated to consent and neither really wanted to do it but i guess both of them wanted oral sex and there's only one way to get it, so

only a minor rape, really. legally a rape. but a little rape. i mean, it would be considered rape in a courtroom, but we're not in a courtroom, are we?

soliciting oral sex from extremely high people seems to be super hans' thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsuPaZ7RxLo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

echinopsis posted:

Jesus

can two people mutually non-consent?

i dont see who would press charges

• Locked thread