Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Genuinely surprised this is being so warmly received as it is, but good to hear its hitting the notes with some people. The thermometer gag has been done in other episodes and although Dobbie is better, I still think the ahow is better without. At least Mark seems to have some closure now. Some good lines, enough to keep me happy watching.

And not to tangent too far off, did anyone stick around for Toast?

When did Wednesday night become the new Friday night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Taear posted:

When? I've recently (as in last week) rewatched the whole series and I don't remember it being done.

I can't link it but Google Peep Show Jeremy Boiler Theory, its from series 6, where Jez explains why you stick the thermostat on a higher temperature than you need. They have a couple of heating discussions around that time, that being the best one, because I know people who also thought that's how thermostats work.

Which makes me Mark I guess :(

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

8raz posted:

I've seen the last episode and it was pretty good but you wouldn't know it's the last ever ep if you didn't know. It just feels like any of the other "season" finales which I think is probably a good thing.

I'm kinda glad it's over to be honest. I've been watching it from the start and have a lot of goodwill towards the show but season 8 didn't feel right. This run had one great episode and a lot of middling ones, including the final, and I'd hate to see it continue like that. I've only ever been disappointed by Peep Show by comparing it to it's own high standards. I will totally watch the "catchup" season in a decade.

Perfectly sums up my thoughts. I get the feeling they wanted to stop but realised they couldn't just stop it on how series 8 ended.

Love 1-7, 8-9 not so much. It has some moments but probably best its over now. Still, not many series can put such a good stint in.

I think the programme stands a lot more on the side characters than I ever realised. Obviously Mark, Jez and Hans are good, but I don't feel the others in the Threeism and April were as funny or interesting as Toni, Nancy, Big Suz or Elena. Johnson and Sophie arent really there beyond cameo (Johnson is so wasted I wonder if they even wrote it with the character in mind).

Too three, Wedding, Quantocking and Christmas.

• Locked thread