Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's basic game theory
Please don't do this, it makes you sound like a redditor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Antti posted:

Befedorad MRAs have co-opted it to explain their own twisted worldview.

Also they have no idea how game theory actually works, it's just a word they've heard smart people use so they parrot it to appear grown-up and sophisticated.

Same thing as with the fedoras, really.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

strange thing how when you introduce some aspect of paying to medical treatment doctors all of a sudden start treating a lot more patients.

The purpose of the health care system is not to get doctors to treat as many patients as possible but to maximize the health and well-being of the population. I'm sure a lot of doctors would be happy to perform all kinds of unnecessary tests and interventions if they were paid for it.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

we should try the same with our hard working farmers

Food production is an essential function in a society, therefore I say collectivize the farms.
You can have a system of private farms on the side for producing luomu and other inessentials but no subsidies for them.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Stubb ei näe Toivakan omistuksissa ongelmia
Valtiovarainministeri pitää ulkomaankauppaministerin aiempaa yrittäjätaustaa Suomelle hyödyllisenä toimintana.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

the doom church

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
gently caress those terrorists, not for what they did but for the inevitable flood of suvakkis trying to prevent the lynchings of unrelated musselmen! :freep:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

HerraS posted:

all the humanistikirppari women who don't wear makeup and dress in pussihousut vote LA, this is a luonnonlaki

this is known :biotruths:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

While immigrants may be over-represented in sexual crime statistics, these news made by garbage tabloid journalists pretending to be statisticians are just misleading. They always pick two percentages, (sexual) crime done by immigrants and % of immigrants in the country. Well no poo poo they will show up over-represented in this statistic when you compare a population group very skewed towards ages 15-30 (protip: most crime happens here) vs Finns with a more balanced population pyramid that includes a way bigger proportion of old farts that are much, much less likely to commit crime of any sort let alone rape somebody.

While this is a reasonable hypothesis, most of the tabloid journalists who are not pulling their numbers directly out of their rear end are quoting this OPTL study from 2014 (fig. 7, page 31), in which they conclude that even after accounting for age, income level and living area, many immigrant groups are still strongly over-represented e.g. in rape statistics.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

that's my vapaussoturi :swoon:

just make it so that the goddamn suojeluskunnat own the rifles and are accountable for them, there is no reason to let the local crazies to keep them in their homes

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Gortarius posted:

So what the hell sort of excuse do they have for trying to implement it?

"Everybody else is doing it too!"

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Do you think the US, Germany and Britain's tracking of individual stock holdings is any worse than Finland's?

90% of the civil servants in whose area of expertise this thing falls sure seem to think so.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Also, why would anyone try to illegally avoid taxes or something using a hallintarekisteri when you can legally avoid taxes and registering your share ownership through financial products that are advertised on the main webpages of our biggest banks:

Hmm, perhaps the best way to deter tax avoidance isn't to create new vehicles for it but rather outlaw existing ones? Just an idea.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

the professor threw them out because "the minister's name isn't on the lecture hall reservation and you're disturbing my work"

i want to believe

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

The funniest thing about you is once you finish your studies, get a real job, earn some money for a few years, buy a house and car and all that stuff you'll be voting Kokoomus for the rest of your life

Don't project, not everybody is a petty soulless husk of a human being.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

There are 3.5 parties in Finland that have economic policies that are somewhat in line with what anyone who's got a clue about economics would vote for.

Cock, the party known for its knowledge-based economical and social policy.

Lol, you read Libera blogs. Are you Heikki Pursiainen irl?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Rappaport posted:

Mitäs jos piraatti menisit vaan omalle pihalle huutelemaan

Ovat varmaan jo kotona huolissaan

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
The Oltermanni meme may be the best thing that came out of these threads.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

People who paint all foreign refugees with the same brush are the lowest losers of this whole country

This is a large part of the problem and what aggravates their racism. When you feel that you already are at the low end of the societal pecking order and about to lose whatever little relevance you have left in the world, you are more likely to treat other people like poo poo.

Also sorry for your ID6 experience :(

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Rappaport posted:

Anyway, counter-point to mister Lassus, why should national-minded, non-Nazi folks let Nazis take over independence day?

Perhaps the non-Nazi minded folks should organize their own soihtukulkue instead of participating in the one organized by nazis?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Puistokemisti posted:

This isn't the last step.

For a while I thought this was the bitcoin thread.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Hey Ligur, I have to share something I've kept buried deep in my heart until now.

I don't normally read your posts. They are spergy, unfunny walls of text which just keep repeating the same tired and irrelevant hyperbole over and over again. There's no point in arguing with you, because you never learn anything. Your next post is not going to be any different from the countless ones that came before.
I'm not going to tell you to stop posting, but maybe you should look into the reasons why you keep doing this, and perhaps find another more constructive way of relieving your anxiety please don't firebomb any VOKs though

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
That sounds like something a libertarian might say. It is not a good thing.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
The Stadium logo is missing.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Can life in Kemi truly be called life?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

income, shareholdings, all publicly available in the name of transparency, right? I mean who could possibly misuse that information...

Why would you like to conceal your income and shareholding? Are you ashamed of them? Should you be?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Yeah, and why would you care that some Russian guy has collected your address, phone number and the Facebook groups you're active in for everyone to easily find? Are you ashamed of them?

I haven't given facebook those pieces of information because I'm not *that* dumb.
Luckily we have laws to protect people who do dumb things though, like the rekisterilaki.

I suppose the point is that there is no societal good to be had from every Joe Schmoe's address, phone number and political opinions being public information so that they're easier to harass IRL whenever they express a controversial political opinion online.
On the other hand it's very much a societal good that people have an accurate idea of possible conflicts of interest among politicians and other powerful people.

Herman Merman fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 17, 2015

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

They didn't get the info from Facebook. They looked at posts in Facebook groups and got your name. Then they matched your name to publicly available sources which have your address and phone number. If they scanned an old veropörssi, they could match it to income as well. Rekisterilaki didn't do poo poo in this case, except when it was already too late.
What are these public address and phone number sources? I haven't been paying attention.
Laws in general cannot prevent crimes from being committed, only deter them.

quote:

Ideally the system would be on a "you need a reason to do this search" (or, you need to pay to do this search, as with phone numbers) instead of just being able to mass search for people's addresses, incomes and whatever.
"I want to check myself because I don't trust the reptiloids that run the mainstream media/ministries/whatever" is a sufficient reason. Like you said, there's no reason to include addresses in the database. Income, net worth, stockholdings and taxes paid should be enough.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

vuohi posted:

Now now, you don't want to be THESE GUYS, do you?

Certainly not, being shut in a concentration camp Iike that must be pretty nasty.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Especially when all the other inmates are Ligurs :madmax:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Welp, reading that article turned me into a communist

Full communism now

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
You're the reason we may have to suffer Sipilä for three more years

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Rappaport posted:

It's not like the Ligur vote has anywhere else to go; if Allah-aho and the rest of the racists joined muutos 2019 or some poo poo, maybe then,

https://www.facebook.com/sdemokraatit/

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

vuohi posted:

*every single Finnish feature film in the past 30 years except stuff made by brothers Kaurismäki, Donner, v Bagh and Härö gets erased out of existence*
*absolutely nothing of value was lost*

you misspelt Spede Pasanen

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
No, it's actually quite allowed under the Schengen agreement.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

Kun minä olin intissä ni meil oli siel yks vääpeli jol oli tosi kova ääni

Wheany posted:

Joo sama ja se taaksepoistutti varusmiehiä sukset jalassa polkupyörien kanssa kasarmin katolta alas järveen.

Finally some interesting intti stories

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Meillä kerran yks kaveri tuli iltalomalta myöhässä takaisin, pojat väitti että se oli kiivennyt varuskunnan aidan yli vaikka se on kielletty ohjesäännössä!

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

But the nazis who formed the death patrols aren't "new comers" :confused:

alas :smith:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Zat posted:

(not my work)

http://www.heili.fi/uutiset/item/1446-joensuun-odinilaiset-kertovat-omat-nakemyksensa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

-Astrid Lindgren