Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So is the consensus that Kokoomus folded? They do get some the privatization stuff through but Kepu seems to have got pretty much what it wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Remeber how all the (two? three?) kock persu people were all hard about the current government? How it was going to be more straightforward, without all the bullshit and waffling?

Well it's five months and these motherfuckers had a governmental crisis. So I guess that was just bullshit.

icantfindaname posted:

IMO the recent developments in scandanavia (sorry, the nordics, i forgot you Finns aren't part of the Master Race / are Slavic untermenschen) are living proof that white people are irredeemable

The recent developments in Scandinavia just tell you that Scandics are loving cunts about everything and always will be, no matter which of the three countries we are talking about.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 8, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

There is nothing going on.... dahhh... hurr... international laws and regulations... prevent everyong from doing... hurp... anything...

*drools*

*wakes up*

RACISM!!!! NAZ... nazis... *sniffs glue, falls asleep*

Yeha, it's a loving shame that sort of thinking and reactions have not been limited to certain D&D posters but government ministers and public officials. Now we're eating poo poo. Best thing is the redgreens loving love it, the more poo poo the better. That will show them wrong voters.

International laws and regulations don't actually prevent you from doing border checks.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

They can be used to deny someone seeking asyulm if observed on the border, though. Which you won't probably know or will contest. But let's leave it to that.

Sweden isn't doing that, though. It's not even the first European country to utilize border checks, so I don't know what you're flipping about. This is actually positive to Finland, and organized registration and admittance of refugees is in itself a positive. It doesn't mean that Sweden is blocking anyone from applying to asylum in Sweden.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 12, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
There is no "actual border control" that is able to stop people from getting through the Mediterranean to Europe any more then there is "actual border control" that is going to stop people from getting into U.S. from Mexico. There are plenty of border controls inside Europe (because the borders are shorter) but when the outer border is as massive as it is, boats will get through. Only measure to curb that is a common EU approach (money, resources, deals) co-operate with Turkey and the African countries for them to police their coasts and beaches to significantly cut down on the flow of people setting off here, and an EU sharing system that ensures that Greece and Italy etc. aren't the only ones dealing with the influx alone.

Internal border controls alone mean that in the end the border countries are the only ones left with the responsibility, and that is where this whole poo poo began from.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Double Bill posted:

That's what the burden sharing mechanism was supposed to solve, but as long as the outer borders are not under control it'll never work. As proven by the fact that out of the agreed initial batch of 100 000+ only ~150 have been moved so far, because all the recipient countries are too busy worrying about their own borders to give a poo poo.

Yes, and like said the outer borders will not be under control without Turkey/Middle East/Africa being given major concessions (since they would be the ones hosting even more refugees then they are now), also unpopular with the same countries that opposed the burden sharing. In addition you obviously need more money to patrol the ocean on both shores. It's going to cost either way, but the countries actually skirting their responsibilities are pretty much the same ones standing in the way of money being used towards a coherent response instead on an uncontrolled influx of people coming here.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Dear Lord. We're in for at least three weeks of Islam is a religion of peace pieces and erikoisasiantuntija's explaining this has nothing to do with said religion. YLE and HS offices must on overdrive right now. When Charlie Hebdo happened someone at the YLE office leaked out the whole crew was running around being worried if it paints Muslims in a bad light, will this increase racism?

The Paris thread is already full of people whining how all religions are equally bad. Which I will believe when there is a "Christian State of Heaven" destabilizing whole countires while torture-murdering children and robed guys with symbolic nails through their fists shooting up restaurants shouting "JESUS IS GREAT!" but there aren't. Sigh. Some even speculated "right-wingers" might be behind this.

Seriously this sub-forum is a nest of lunatics indoctrinated by I don't even know what. Some kind of Cult of Political Correctness or some weird poo poo, what ever it is I don't like it as it makes people unthink, and unthink hard.

:ironicat:

I know what else were also at least three weeks for

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Quick, go find an international treaty that makes it a human right for people to shoot Europeans who have as an entity offended their religious sensibilities.

Haha, you're such a butthurt little bitch it's amazing. :stare: 120 people are dead yet it's all about Ligur being repeatedly and pathetically clowned in debates. I applaud your insane level of narcissism my god.

Anyway, despite the beliefs of retards everywhere, guilty by association and collective punishment are still not something practiced by civilized countries. Muslims are going to come over the borders, they are going to immigrate to Europe, and they are going to live in Europe. Does the lack of civil rights violations in response to terrorist attacks make you sad? Angry?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

The gently caress are you even talking about, actually who are you talking to and in response to what?

Do you have amnesia or confusion? That's a question to you, not a response to anything, with what your general gist about how this is the fault of Islam and we're naively opening our borders. Does the fact that people aren't prevented from seeking asylum on the basis of their religion make you sad? Mad? Do you think it's OK?

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 14, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

So you ask me about things I never said and expect me to respond?

You are going full blown retard again are you :\

Ligur posted:

This does not make it any more tolerable or ok that after Europe has naively opened it's borders to Muslim migration over the years they bring the Midde-East with them.

You're going full blown something, I'm not sure what forgetting something you wrote minutes ago is called. After all the people who say this is not the fault of Islam are wrong according to you, so it's a perfectly valid question.

Ligur posted:

edit: oh yeah the treaty thing, I was making fun of you and your furious spate of repeating the words "international law and treaty" some time ago, (several times per post, every post) when said laws and treaties actually supported an opposing view to yours, it was pretty comical

You don't get to call people out when you run away from debates and refuse to answer direct questions Ligur. Just let it go, it's in the past. Making up things that never happened is even more sad, kind of childlike

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Nov 14, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Yes I posted that, mutta en näe miten postaukseni ja sinun möykkääminen ja "questions" are related in any meaningful way for me, so why bother answering.

So you just wanted to rant about Islam without anyone calling you out on it? Oh, I'm sorry I forgot that you think of this place as your personal crazy blog.

Ligur posted:

As for laws and treaties you ranted for several posts how they prevent us from stopping hordes of non-EU citizens without visas from rushing from country to country to seek asylum where they wish. Right?

It's just that if said agreements were followed by all parties they would do exactly that. Stop the rushing. EU countries have just chosen to largely ignore their own agreements this far.

They prevent us from denying asylum to asylum seekers if they get here. Never argued anything else. EU regulations, especially ones that have been suspended for months, have poo poo-all to do with the UN ones.

The fact that you don't understand international law and got confused doesn't magically change my argument.

Andrast posted:

I wonder how much of the previous thread was just slapfights between Ligur and DarkCrawler.

A third?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hob_Gadling posted:

You've written ten thousand messages on this site and only now realize that it's poo poo? You go girl.

I know this place is poo poo, but it's not monologue type poo poo (that's blogs). If you aren't here to engage in pointless slapfights or read them, what's the point? To stay informed? :lol:

It's D&D, arguing is the whole point, it's like a low-rent hobo addict version of the Greek agora.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SnowblindFatal posted:

Could we have a separate thread for Ligur and DarkCrawler for the benefit of the rest of us. I'm personally so loving tired of reading either one of them shitposting, but the rest of this thread is mostly enjoyable.

Shitposting is when you just troll a thread with no intent to engage any replies that are directed to you. We're slapfighting.

Rexroom posted:

I came here to have a debate, not an argument. :v:

Same thing, especially here. Somebody is wrong on the internet! :siren:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

brakeless posted:

Then arrange to have that slapfight irl or something. Please stop it itt. Please don't encourage ligur to try to own someone with his sad tiny brains.

You know what, I'll promise not to reply to a post unless it's directed at me from now on. Just so we don't have to talk about how awful I am anymore. :)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Buffalo squeeze posted:

There is no meat in snägäri food anyway.

I keep trying to tell my vegetarian friends this

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Arhinmäki has announced he won't be running for party leader next summer. Say hello to Li Andersson.

That's better. You know there still might be the same bullshit, but at least the person who is saying that is pretty hot. As a left voter I'm reasonably happy about that, everyone else has just ugly prunes and/or engineer nerds leading them. And Stubbdog.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 21, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nenonen posted:

"Poliisin mukaan asian tiimoilta käytävä keskustelu varsinkin sosiaalisessa mediassa on ollut vilkasta ja suurelta osin asiatonta. Poliisi toivoo keskusteluun malttia ja asiallisuutta ja muistuttaa, ettei sosiaalisessa mediassakaan voi kirjoittaa mitä tahansa."

So there's like a law saying that the police have to at least attempt to collar retards online or is there another reason why they bother?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"If"?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

No poo poo, you'd think this was a rape-free country before this month.

It's pretty funny because I know that in early next year max there is going to be a whole new reason to hate foreigners and nobody is going to give a poo poo about this anymore, just like nobody gives a poo poo about if regular homegrown Finns commit rape. Ahh media.

Personally if we just instantly deport people who are guilty of crime that sound pretty weird to me. Come to Finland, rape a person, get home to wherever you came from, possibly to rape more people? Then again considering Finnish sentences for sexual violence that might not be a huge difference.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Double Bill posted:

Referring to a statistic no one can prove as factual is pretty dumb, hth

You don't think it is a fact that most sexual assaults don't get reported? I thought it was pretty common knowledge, it's one of the reasons why Sweden is so weirdly high in rape statistics - they are more efficient in reporting said crimes. You can't exactly prove that less rape happens per capita in Sweden then in India but I don't think that's in question.

Here is the amnesty report cited there anyway, along with interesting observations about sexual assault in Finland that I didn't realize (like how the victim can decide if it is persecuted or not):
https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/ACT77/001/2010/en/

Also LOL these examples:

quote:

A district court in Finland ruled in the case of a man in his thirties who forced a woman to have
sexual intercourse in the disabled toilets of a restaurant by banging her head against the wall and
twisting her arm behind her back. She could not scream for help as the man had covered her mouth
with his hand. In the prosecutor’s opinion, this was not a rape as the violence used was of a slight
degree and the offence had been committed under mitigating circumstances. The man was
convicted of coercion into sexual intercourse and sentenced to a conditional (suspended) sevenmonth
prison term.

On a ferry from Finland to Sweden, a man took a drunk woman to his cabin and had intercourse with
her. She woke up during intercourse, started to scream for help and tried to push the man away. Her
female friend heard her screams and entered the cabin to help her out. The court considered that the
woman’s testimony of being drunk and suffering memory loss was credible. It was supported by the
female friend’s testimony of the amount of alcohol drunk, the ferry guard’s report of the woman
bumping into tables and doors and the consequent injuries. According to the court, the man’s
testimony of meeting her at the restaurant, dancing and having consensual intercourse was not
credible and was also partly self-contradictory. The man was convicted of sexual abuse and sentenced
to eight months’ conditional imprisonment. If the crime had happened on a ferry that sailed under the
Swedish flag, the crime would have been identified as a rape.

A 17-year-old boy admitted having intercourse with his 16-year-old classmate after a house party. The
girl was sleeping as she had passed out due to drinking alcohol. The boy was sentenced to pay 40 day
fines, that is the offence was estimated to be approximately as bad as speeding.

Oh Finland.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 27, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Double Bill posted:

I'm not saying unreported rapes don't happen, just that the 10% figure was pulled out of an rear end.

Oh yeah, my bad.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love this "we have to tell them that rape is not OK here" kukkahattutäti bs or the "EVERYONE RAPES WHERE THEY COME FROM THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW ITS WRONG" hysteric bs. Pretty sure the guys who come here and rape people won't give a poo poo one way or other and pretty sure 99.99% haven't raped anybody here and aren't planning to regardless of the laws OR their culture and it has been like that that forever. Pretty sure Finnish people still rape people despite having grown up here too.

The idea of some future rapist going "Oh! Oh I just did not realize it wasn't OK! Well I won't assault a screaming woman and drag her to the bushes to horrifically violate her if it is against the law." Or not understanding rape is morally wrong :lol:

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 27, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

If Syrian, Iraqi or Afgan culture and laws actually are as terrible as they are being represented as, which is a big if, valistus would be important. However most criminals be they Finns or not know they are breaking the law and do it anyway. Valistus doesn't help with that.

They're terrible cultures and have terrible laws but people don't rape people in broad daylight in the middle of street. They still know it's wrong and illegal and they will face consequences, worse ones in their home countries if they get sentenced (death penalty in some countries). You don't curb rape by cultural education, you might curb more of the lovely usual treatment of women but since that is mostly legal under Finnish law and our religious shits do the same legal things, it isn't going to matter much.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You know the parts of Finnish culture and law I especially love? The parts where we don't discriminate people based on their faith, race or gender and treat them as individuals under the law, responsible for their own actions and not some arbitrary group that determines them according to someone else. It's really hilarious watching some people be angry at this basic tenet of our legal system and moral understanding, like they are about to change it at any moment. Before it was that they are going to change it at any moment if they vote Persus enough but wow, that's past huh?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Few (multiple dozen) percentage points here or there who cares!
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1448606137482

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SnowblindFatal posted:

Again, what would be enough for this government to fall?

For Kepu: Compromising the power held by corrupted maakuntapolitiikot

For Cock: Anything that doesn't gently caress over poors enough

For PS: apparently nothing whatsoever

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1448677933089
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1448680985461

Peak government entertainment just keeps piling up without breather. It has barely been half a year, amazing.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antti posted:

Reminder that Stubb also claimed that he'd consulted constitutional scholars about the pakkolait and then when the scholars were asked and documents were requested, no evidence of such consultations were evident. Stubb is a fabulist, he constructs a personal reality based on what he thinks ought to be true and then forgets to keep his doublethink going like all the other politicians. If he were a junior minister (or, heaven forbid, a woman) he'd be out of the cabinet already.

His mistake is that he uses actual concrete things in his lying that can be easily disproven, he hasn't mastered the coy diversions that allow you to keep bullshitting while still technically being right from a certain viewpoint. IDK why, Kokoomus is usually pretty good at that.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Hmmm why would rich people want even more ways to avoid paying money? As we all know they have always been fine with relying on just one, right?

Also OMG our yooge debt!!!!
http://nyt.fi/a1448765260994?ref=hs-art-luetuimmat-1

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Someone tried to murder Stubb! With a glass of Coke.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Truth be told I thought Stubb was Sarasvuo :eyepop::shittypop::vince::pusheen:

I mean it's not like he's human.

They hatched from the same egg clutch in the Intergalactic Lizard People Incubatories near Sirius. The Brood Mother loves her children very much.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hallintorekisteri is dead, long live Hallintorekisteri

fukken lol, is there anything left that this parody of a government hasn't managed to gently caress up on yet?

I don't think so. They've fit a term's worth of ridiculous flailing bullshit in their first few months in office.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.iltalehti.fi/uutiset/2015112820745174_uu.shtml
http://nyt.fi/a1449120063220?ref=hs-art-luetuimmat-#2
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1449119445189

:lol: this government jesus gently caress

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's apparently really difficult for the government to go one day without being complete ridiculous assclowns though

Thus far we got:

Milllion different ways for Sipilä to try to get all the järjestöt to the table to "agree" into doing the stuff EK has written for them word for word, only for that to (obviously) fail and him having to do the pakkolait by force, ensuring that not only does he look like a dictatorial lahtari in the process he also looks like an incompetent moron and ends up having lakkos and huge protests like a month into governance

(Also, they lie about a lot of things)

A Prime Minister's address to the nation about how serious things are, largely a source of entertainment and then it's revealed he was also lying there

(Some more lies)

The anti-jytky for Persus, complete collapse of them as a party that people would vote for

(Add in lies)

The Treasury goes NUTS with having one of their own as leader, does enough shady poo poo within months to be actually noticed by the public

(Lies, it's not that other politicians don't do this, it's that these people are magically good at both the frequency and getting caught by them)

The government almost COLLAPSES out of nowhere because of sote! Wtf?! We end up with the shittiest possible result with somehow more bureaucracy, more layers of government and more privatization

(Someone lies about something here again I'm sure)

The hallitarekisterisorisiitäcolathrowing adventures of Alexander Stubb, ending up with the government having to let go of the whole thing and be humiliated for nothing once again in front of the eyes of the whole nation

(Obviously a veritable smorgasbord for lies)

Noticeably it isn't even 2016 yet and I'm holding out for something equally hilarious for a Christmas present!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 4, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

New twist, pakkolait are once again off the table, if paikallinen sopiminen (which EK wants) can be agreed on.

Who would know that a government popularizing the word "vatulointi" would themselves be a prime example of it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Children and the hopelessly naive look at the state of the world and think that hard work correlates into success, the system is fair and people deserve their money. I was a child and firmly in the upper middle class so I was definitely a right-wing shitlord (being raised Christian in a small town that included some social policies too).

EDIT: when I got a "real" job (what is an unreal job?) I got even more left. I am not doing enough work for this amount of spending money, feel free to add in few percentages in taxes. Hell, I don't even have a problem with the pakkolait themselves, just the fact that this poo poo is not applied equally to the wealthiest among us.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 4, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geriatric Pirate posted:

"I'm fine, I make enough money, but I support the left because the rich make more than I do / because the rich only pay twice as a high a tax rate as I do"

Just like me, they have their money because of luck, so they need to pay for people who aren't that lucky. Since they have way more money they need to pay way more, twice isn't really enough (and I doubt it's really twice considering all the financial shenanigans they have access to where I don't).

So yeah, basically, though not because of jealousy or whatever dumb motivation you want to ascribe to me. Why would I be jealous? I have enough money for literally everything I want at this moment and then some.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

ilmeisesti sait isopalkkaisen työsi tutkintosi ansiosta, mutta voititko tutkintosi lotossa?

Pretty much, I was born in Finland. It was 100% free.

I didn't need any education for my current over-paid job though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

en ole kyllä kuullut että pelkästä syntymisestä saa mitään tutkintoa, mutta onnittelut kuitenkin hyvästä työpaikasta, ne on harvassa

No, you need to study for it sure and graduate from high school to get to it in the first place, but again, being born in upper middle class family where I was helped with homework and provided with a stable environment that aided my learning was down to 100% luck. Also, I was also lucky enough to get to my current job, as per the congratulations.